Author Topic: Fire Ainge Now (Today)  (Read 11108 times)

Re: Fire Ainge Now (Today)
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2015, 05:42:04 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
everyone can sit here and say the "fire Danny crowd" are overreacting. but are they? or are those oppose to firing Danny looking at this realistically?

I personally don't want him fired because I fear who we'd replace him with. but, that's also not a good reason to keep him either. so far though the plan is looking really bad.

- we knew getting big name free agents in here would be difficult. 'couldn't even get Love to visit.
- the original "plan" of building around Rondo and Green(even with Love)was questionable at best.
- sure trading for a player is still an option. but our players and draft picks haven't proved to be valuable at all.

it seems like we're delaying the inevitable, signing guys that won't make us elite but will keep us good enough to keep us out of the lottery. I think Danny put all his eggs in one basket, thinking we'd at least be able to trade for someone. when that should have been plan B and just tanked from the start. because right now we're on pace to be rebuilding for 20 yrs.

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2015, 05:44:22 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I thought it was funny.  ;D

This thread is pretty revealing: many posters, it seems, read the headline rather than the actual post. Good to know.

Lol. 100% right, pretty surprised by it. Still getting serious replies. We learned about the internet today.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2015, 05:51:14 PM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
everyone can sit here and say the "fire Danny crowd" are overreacting. but are they? or are those oppose to firing Danny looking at this realistically?

I personally don't want him fired because I fear who we'd replace him with. but, that's also not a good reason to keep him either. so far though the plan is looking really bad.

- we knew getting big name free agents in here would be difficult. 'couldn't even get Love to visit.
- the original "plan" of building around Rondo and Green(even with Love)was questionable at best.
- sure trading for a player is still an option. but our players and draft picks haven't proved to be valuable at all.

it seems like we're delaying the inevitable, signing guys that won't make us elite but will keep us good enough to keep us out of the lottery. I think Danny put all his eggs in one basket, thinking we'd at least be able to trade for someone. when that should have been plan B and just tanked from the start. because right now we're on pace to be rebuilding for 20 yrs.

We were on course to tank, the Heat got Winslow with 3 more wins than us!

Stevens refused to tank, its costing us dear, my fear now is we are destined to be a mediocre team for years.

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2015, 05:55:24 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
We shouldn't fire him yet but we should not always give him the benefit of the doubt anymore. It all started on draft night. Hearing that Ainge and all of them were shocked and couldn't believe Charlotte didn't accept their offer made them look very delusional. And Ainge saying teams would regret not trading with us was very arrogant.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2015, 05:58:38 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I mean, I can see why people would be mad but I'll give him one more season.

If we are the 7th seed again this year, get swept, AND The Nets dont give us a good pick this year than I will call for his firing. Being stuck in treadmill-ville is a waste of years time. Just suck it up, tank for like 3 or 4 years like the 76ers and get great players.

We can't attract top-25 free agents, and our assets are not that great. If the Nets dont give us lotto picks than our first rounders are worthless. If you are expecting the Celtics to find the next Paul Pierce drafting at 15 every year than you might have to wait a decade or two. Sorry Rozier...
Agree. Many of us have been ready to take the the tank. But many, especially the people who overvalued RR, do not.

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2015, 05:58:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
LOL......

This turrible off season ......to match his awful draft performance.

We can't even get a decent replacement for Bass.

JUST WOW ?   

I'm amazed the owners think people are going to,pay to see IT , Smart and Zeller ......play loaded down all star laden teams .

Didn't anybody tell Danny this is the NBA .....  He is not being competitive ......really at all....

Just Turrible

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2015, 05:59:24 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
This is one the problems with this type of rebuild.

There will periods were progress is minimal and the squad stagnates. As this happens, it can be very hard to see how the team turns into a contender down the road.

At the same time, ever increasing amounts of supporters will turn against the GM. I bet by the time Ainge finally figures out how to make this work ... it'll be close to 50-50 on whether to fire him or not. This forum and Celtics fans in general will be split right down the middle on him and this method of rebuilding. There will be pro-Ainge & anti-Ainge camps. They'll come up time and time again. Even in threads about other things.

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2015, 06:01:36 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
will that be in his 3rd decade?   

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2015, 06:02:02 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
What do people expect him to do? Make people sign with the Celtics. My only complaint is that we're in the middle. Remember, he did hire Brad Stevens and ripped the Nets off...

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2015, 06:02:15 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

Stevens refused to tank, its costing us dear, my fear now is we are destined to be a mediocre team for years.

no we should have been tanking ever since trading Paul and KG.

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2015, 06:02:35 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Stevens did his job. It was Danny that should have waived Bass, Jonas, Crowder, and Gigi after the trade deadline.
Had DA done that move we would have picked 9th or 10th.

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2015, 06:05:36 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Enough said, fire Obama, IT president !

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2015, 06:06:49 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

no we should have been tanking ever since trading Paul and KG.

You do realize the heat tried like hell to make the playoffs and failed? They were suiting up injured players left and right and actually got to lucky to miss out, keep their pick and get winslow. It was luck, not some amazing strategy on their part.

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2015, 06:11:59 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Obviously, this is all premature.  I'm not exactly sure what people would have wanted Ainge to do.  We essentially tanked two years ago and still ended up with the #6 pick, rather than a top 3.  There is no guarantee had we done so again this year that things would have gone much differently.  Sure, it would have been better than the #16 pick, but I don't think we would have been walking away with the next LeBron. 

At this point, I think we have to ride this thing out.  In 5 years, we may look back and say that Ainge totally botched this all.  But, at this point, I'm not sure there's really anything he's done since he dismantled the Big Three that you can definitely point to and say that he messed up (a la Chris Wallace trading Joe Johnson for Rodney Rogers and Tony Delk).  That day may come, but at least right now I think Ainge deserves patience to see how this all plays out. 

I also think people got spoiled by the trades for KG and Allen in 2007.  That was really a once in a lifetime type situation that only resulted because of a perfect storm of circumstances.  Very rarely are two teams looking to deal their franchise players at the same time when a team just happens to have the right young assets and expiring contracts.  Ainge can't be blamed that there aren't those type of players out there. 

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2015, 06:16:04 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

Stevens did his job. It was Danny that should have waived Bass, Jonas, Crowder, and Gigi after the trade deadline.
Had DA done that move we would have picked 9th or 10th.

Somebody needs to fire you