Author Topic: Cousins to Lakers Rumors  (Read 9258 times)

Re: Cousins to Lakers Rumors
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2015, 11:59:04 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Really?  Where's Darko Milicic these days?  Does Evan Turner impress you as elite? 

a list of the recent #2's
- Jabari Parker - started off ok but injured
- Oladipo - nice prospect but hardly elite
- MKG
- Derrick Williams
- Evan Turner
- Hasheem Thabeet
- Michael Beasley
- Kevin Durant (there's one!)
- Lamarcus Aldridge (there's 2!)
- Marvin Williams
- Emeka Okafor
- Darko
- Jay Williams
- Tyson Chandler
- Stromile Swift 
That's back to the 2000 draft
--> 2 'elite' players.  a few starter-quality.  a lot of underwhelming picks.
I feel like I'm repeating myself.

Every guy you can take in any draft has a ton of risk and could easily not pan out. However, in addition to this risk a future Nets pick has the additional risk that you won't even be able to take someone of the caliber of Okafor. If our future picks actually become high lottery picks in good drafts, whichever team takes them will then have to spend them on players like Okafor and have the same risk. By choosing the C's draft capital over the Lakers', you're adding the risk of not even getting an elite prospect to the risk of your elite prospect being a bust.
Yeah seriously, lot's of people hear drinking the green kool aid.  Frankly, the laker offer is easily better than anything we can offer.  Smart versus randle is a wash at best and some could argue that Smart actually playing last year might have lowered his value.

And I see people do not understand the definition of a "prospect".  As already said, you can guarantee anything so forget about that.  In this case, you will have your pick of a dominant back to the basket big man or a dynamic guard.  Both could wash out but both could also become stars.  The closest the celts could come to offering that is smart, but he has not more value that randle in my eyes.  And I don't see a star in smart anyway.

And forget about sully and oly.  They have garbage trade value.  They offer nothing at all really.  Sure, they are bonafide nba players but neither one is even a starter on a good team.  Shoot, they are borderline bench players on a good team.  They are just guys pretty much.

In terms of picks, the chance at #2 in this draft is equivalent to about ten mid round first round picks.  which is to say, mid round picks hold little value overall and are no more than lottery; you might get lucky but more likely than not, you'll get nearly nothing (think how many James Youngs would equal one Okafor?).

So yes, celtic fans delusional as always.   

The fans are delusional according to the person who says smart and randle are a wash and Sullinger and olynyk have garbage trade value
Smart is a defensive guard that doesn't excel any either position.  He doesn't do both well, he does both average (at best).  He showed very little offensive game except to chuck threes.  Tell how smart showed any start potential?  Yes, randle is a complete unknown but in this case, that could be viewed as a good thing (ignoring the injury of course).

And yes, I completely stand by my evaluation of sully and oly.  Indeed, I would say that there is a better than average chance we just let sully walk at the end of the year.

Smart was raved by scouts to be the best defensive prospect in years. Just because he had an average offensive game, doesn't mean he can't improve. Randle had foot problems and broke his leg in his first game, so you should take his durability into question. No use in convincing you otherwise in Sullinger and Olynyk since you feel strongly about them.

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2015, 12:24:54 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
It's frankly ridiculous to assert that Smart and Randle have similar trade value because the latter is "still an uknown." The two were similarly-rated prospects coming out of college, how are they even remotely comparable now that one has had a productive NBA season and the other hasn't played at all? By that logic, Smart would have higher trade value if he broke his leg on the first day of the season and sat out all year.

Smart's value is probably closer to the #2 than it is to Randle. (Not to say that he's as valuable at the #2, but Randle just isn't even in the conversation.)

Great words from a great man

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2015, 12:25:40 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
REPORT: Lakers increasingly likely to draft D'Angelo Russell at No. 2.

gary lee

which means what exactly?

Not trading for Cousins or drafting for Sacramento. So nothing yet lol

Why? SAC new owner wants to play up tempo. And Randle and Okefor mix like corn and poo.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 12:31:15 PM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2015, 12:58:34 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
REPORT: Lakers increasingly likely to draft D'Angelo Russell at No. 2.

gary lee

which means what exactly?

Not trading for Cousins or drafting for Sacramento. So nothing yet lol

Why? SAC new owner wants to play up tempo. And Randle and Okefor mix like corn and poo.

Agree. Randle and Okafor are redundant. Russel has the makes of a Star. I think Golden State just showed that a scoring guard can get you to the finals, I can't say win it all since they took on a depleted Cavs team, but it still makes GM's and coaches looking at guards more. He can play the 1 and 2 which is good. Tank a year and go get your athletic outside shooting big in the next draft. Plus Russel plays really good D were Okafor your going to have to work with a lot.

Sac is more desperate to get the ball rolling than the C's since they have been bottom feeding for years. C's only into year 3 of a rebuild can take on Okafor and have some time to work on his D. Plus if they land Love you have a post up center that can kick it out to a stretch 4 all day long. Just worried about the D with those two.

Almost want to take a chance and trade AB and future 1st to Utah for a chance at Turner. A big that can stretch the floor and block shots would make him and Okafor a great tandem. Just have your 1-3's willing to push the fast break and Okafor and Turner would be the clean up guys.

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2015, 07:23:41 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Cousins just stated:

"what's done in the dark, comes to the light"

How can you not want this guy on your team, what a mind.

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2015, 08:23:10 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I would say Cousins is on his way to LA

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2015, 08:29:50 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!