Author Topic: I like this team, but...  (Read 6553 times)

I like this team, but...
« on: April 09, 2015, 03:35:10 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
They are coming together well. The issue appears to be with consistency, but that's not to be unexpected given all the personnel changes. Feeling confident we will make the playoffs. It's just going to suck to see some guys go in potential trades (minus KO, personal opinion).

With whatever moves we make at draft time, I genuinely hope we keep Crowder and IT. Both are limited in some ways, but both are the glue guys you need to win a chip. I sincerely hope we move up in the draft to land a stud.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Re: I like this team, but...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 06:23:11 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
well, this is your own fault. you shouldn't fall in love with this group of players, chances are very high that none of them will be here when we become a serious contender again.

the reason why this team is so likable is because they do play hard, they may not always play smart but they do play hard. this is what you get when you have a roster full of role players.

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 07:28:59 AM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
That right there is what is soo wrong with monster guaranteed contracts, that you need a team full role players for the team to play hard.Best case situation your star player is your hardest worker so the rest follow their lead. It is no coincidence that the Celtics have turned their season around minus Rondo & Green. Hopefully Ainge signs the right guys this off season to fit in with the program, even if they are not the sexy big names.
It will be interesting to see how many of this roster is on the team next season, my guess is less than 7.

Gavin

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 07:42:10 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
No matter what the future holds for this current celtics roster it has at least given DA a blue print of what a BS type team needs to win.

example

- offesivly diverse big men, the ability for the Cs to space the court is very valuable

- a big 3 who can play the 4, though not ideal size crowder has been really important for small ball

- guard who can create, IT4 has really changed the makeup of this team

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 08:54:25 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
They are coming together well. The issue appears to be with consistency, but that's not to be unexpected given all the personnel changes. Feeling confident we will make the playoffs. It's just going to suck to see some guys go in potential trades (minus KO, personal opinion).

With whatever moves we make at draft time, I genuinely hope we keep Crowder and IT. Both are limited in some ways, but both are the glue guys you need to win a chip. I sincerely hope we move up in the draft to land a stud.

That fact that we are as good as we are despite more lineup changes and players brought in and/or moved is a testament to BS and they current squads willingness to buy into the system. If anyone is really questioning consistency, you should ask how they got to the current 7th seed without it.   
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 09:04:26 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
No matter what the future holds for this current celtics roster it has at least given DA a blue print of what a BS type team needs to win.

example

- offesivly diverse big men, the ability for the Cs to space the court is very valuable

- a big 3 who can play the 4, though not ideal size crowder has been really important for small ball

Both of these have been necessary due to the lack of offensive talent on the perimeter.

Particularly at PG (Smart) and SF (Crowder). To a lesser extent Turner (dodgy jump-shooter) and Bradley (mediocre scoring efficiency due to over-reliance on jump-shots). And earlier in the season with Rondo (terrible scoring this year). And Pressey and G-Wallace.

These flaws in roster have put increased onus on small ball an offensive bigs to keep the offensive functional while having so many flawed offensive players on perimeter.

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 09:08:44 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
The NBA today is all about the three point shot.

When you can spread the floor, big teams like Detroit don't have a chance.

The two best teams in the NBA are also the two best three point shooting teams....Golden State and Atlanta.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:30:06 AM by Chris22 »

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 09:14:43 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
That right there is what is soo wrong with truisms like "you need a team full role players for the team to play hard."

FTFY
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 09:31:31 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We have the best bench team in the NBA, just need a go to star and improvement at a few positions.

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 09:40:04 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

My brother once told me that nothing someone says before the word "but" really counts.

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 09:41:49 AM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
I'm so torn...i want a high pick, but i want us to play good ball. AHHHHHH....

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 09:43:40 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

If we deal Crowder or IT it will be as part of a package for someone better than that player. So if they are traded chances are you will really like the guy they are dealt for.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 09:53:44 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

The two best teams in the NBA are also the two best three point shooting teams....Golden State and Atlanta.

Unless either gsw or hawks make it far in the playoffs their ways is not the new "nba" imo.

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 10:02:01 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Didn't a "big" team win it all last year with the Spurs?

Did the rules change that much over the season?

Talent wins in the NBA.  A team like Detroit (and Boston) do not have enough to win.  It is not about their style.

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 10:45:58 AM »

Offline dwoumn

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8

example

- guard who can create, IT4 has really changed the makeup of this team

Guards that can create for others is the biggest key here. We saw this with Rondo during the Big 3 Era now IT4 has opened opportunity for others as well for himself.

As of right now, I believe that IT4 is one of the only guards who has thrived for the Cs beating his man to score or look for an open teammate. Unless AB or Smart can improve in that area, which I don't think they will DA needs to find either another guard or SF that thrives in that area.