Author Topic: How important is the NBA to you?  (Read 8641 times)

Re: How important is the NBA to you?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 07:28:39 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
A great deal a few years ago. Now I only care about the Celtics part of the NBA. They're the only reason I'll keep watching basketball. I have to have Celtics news everyday and during the season I have to watch every game even if it's days, weeks or months after it was played. I'm still catching up some of the games I missed last season on LPB.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 08:39:16 PM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
Some people live and breath the NBA... How important is the NBA to you?

-Scout

Ha ha, on a 1 to 10, I'd say a 2.
In fact if it weren't for the Celtics I wouldn't watch or care at all. Now the NFL is a different story. Perfect 10. Baseball World Series games are better than the NBA Championship Series. Unless the Celts and LA are in it.

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 09:01:31 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Some people live and breath the NBA... How important is the NBA to you?

-Scout

the nba sucks!  i only watch the celtics.  i hate how the nba is run, the officiating, and the marketing.

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 09:17:13 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Important enough to read up on it on a daily basis.
Important enough to follow boatloads of Twitter people.
Important enough to frequently visit fan blogs of all 30 clubs.
Important enough to watch youtube for hours on end to gain info about certain players.
Important enough to love discussing any tiny bit of info on the off season.

All of Kiorrik said and ten times more!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 10:12:28 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
Well, seeing that basketball is my favorite sport I'd definitely say it's very important.

I probably watched every game the C's played this past season, plus keeping up with multiple other teams, including the Cavs, Nuggets, 76ers, Suns, Pistons(though not alot), Knicks, Bucks, caught some of the Lakers games wherever they played tougher teams, etc.

I try to keep track of every score in real-time on nights when I'm free so I can just tune into whatever game I find most interesting at the time, so many nights I'm following 5 different games at a time (unless one is a blow-out), and if I don't actually watch the game then I make sure to at least catch the box-score or the highlights on NBA.com.

Sounds a bit obsessive, however I can do alot of this on my cell phone so it doesn't really affect my social-life.
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 10:26:12 PM »

Offline ms.bball41

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 3
Basketball is my life.... so I would say the nba is very important to me.. I watch it all the time! Im always keeping up with what's going on around the league. And I am on the nba forum all day every day!! Oh yea I'm a die heart celtics fan...

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 11:24:53 PM »

Offline Big_Dave31

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
Basketball is my life.... so I would say the nba is very important to me.. I watch it all the time! Im always keeping up with what's going on around the league. And I am on the nba forum all day every day!! Oh yea I'm a die heart celtics fan...

Sums up what Basketball means to me perfectly.

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 11:26:42 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I don't have as much time to watch non-Celts games as I used to, but I keep up on what's going on.  All in all, I'd survive somehow without the NBA I suppose, but it's a fun diversion.
Yup

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 11:35:10 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
No NBA, no Celtics, (and my blood is green) ... that pretty much says it all.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 12:00:40 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
For me the love affair started back in the 80s with Bird.
Currently DVR allows me to never miss a C's game.
I can watch any NBA game if it's on but I have a tough time watching another sport if a Boston is not involved.
At work on the computer I'll check hoopshype, espn, and SI several times a day to check out the latest rumor/article.  (Celticsblog is blocked at work).

So yeah I'm addicted. 

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 12:22:19 AM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
I can remember being about 8, 9, 10 years old and watching non-Celts games on the NBA on NBC....Pacers v Knicks, Bulls v Magic, Bulls v Blazers in the '92 Finals, etc.  I didn't really have a favorite team back then, more just a fan of the game in general.  I didn't become a fan of a team (Celtics) until '98, when they drafted PP.  I started to follow them diligently.  Throughout high school, I followed them consistently, watched many games, especially in the 00-01 season when they made a late push for the playoffs, only to come up short.  When I left for college, in New Hampshire, ironically, the cable provider didn't give us, as it was known then, Fox Sports Net, so I had to keep tabs via ESPN.com...or watch the, back then, rare occurence of a nationally televised game.  I'm out of college now & in the working world, so I must admit, I don't have a lot of time to watch games, and truth be told, I don't even have cable....not home enough to merit watching TV, so why pay for something you don't use??  However, I check ESPN.com everyday.  I did watch the playoffs, as it was cast very heavily on ABC, so that worked out well for me. 

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2010, 01:54:10 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Its losing its appeal one day at a time.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 02:43:18 AM by housecall »

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2010, 02:07:18 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
About a 10, as far as Entertainment goes.

Diehard Celtics Fan since pre-teen years. Other than Boston, I can watch Portland or San Antonio play, as well.

NFL is about to become fun to me again - my Redskins McNabbed Donovan, so we're all set. Now if we could just get Haynesworth to play Nose Tackle, sigh........

My Braves are finally getting it together, too.

But Basketball is 1#, as far as sports.

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 03:35:57 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70

Diehard Celtics Fan since pre-teen years. Other than Boston, I can watch Portland or San Antonio play, as well.

NFL is about to become fun to me again - my Redskins McNabbed Donovan, so we're all set. Now if we could just get Haynesworth to play Nose Tackle, sigh........

Celtics, Braves, Redskins. How does that happen?

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2010, 03:47:09 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Celtics, Braves, Redskins. How does that happen?

You mean as far as fandom? I'm from Richmond, Va, so my first taste of baseball was with the triple A affiliate Richmond Braves, back in the day. I've followed ATL since.

Redskins? Well VA is Redskins Country. Been a Fan since the days of John Riggins, Joe Theisman, Art Monk, and Darrell Green.

Celtics? Fan since 1981.

Summary: VA's not as fortunate as Boston to claim major (and Competitive) sports franchises, so I've been piece-mealing it all my life. :D.