Author Topic: The Main Reason We suck on the Road  (Read 2596 times)

The Main Reason We suck on the Road
« on: May 13, 2008, 12:45:16 AM »

Offline jchen1731

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
In my mind, one single biggest reason is the play of sam cassell.

At home, he is 22 for 46 and shooting 47.8%, averaging 9.5 points.
On the road, he is 3 for 26 and shooting 11.5%, averaging 2.2 points.

Man, maybe we should try eddie house on the road!!

i am not saying sam is the only reason we suck on the road,other reasons, such as poor defense, overall poor shot selection, and strange rotation, are legit as well. But I think Sam is the biggest cause of the struggle. His inability to play defense and provide offense spark on the road is simply killing Celtics at times!!

We win when he plays well and we lose when he sucks... i don't like this feeling of depending on him!

Re: The Main Reason We suck on the Road
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 12:48:56 AM »

Offline Greeny

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
  • LETS DO IT AGAIN!
I agree. TP for you.

Was this a great move picking him up with PJ Brown?

We will find the answer soon.

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 12:53:40 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
its the PG position on general to be honest. Rajon had a nice second half, but clev was litearly leaving no one within 20 ft of him the 1st half, and he was turning the ball over. to his credit he had a much, much better second half.

Now, mabey that "leave rajon alone and play 4-5" defense will change since rondo went hot in the second half, but probley not.

If we could combine the 30 year old version of sam cassells jump shot with everythign else rondo does, we'd be unstoppable. anyone good at cloning?  ;D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 12:53:55 AM »

Offline jchen1731

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
More stats:
Cavs key Bench players : Joe Smith, Anderson Varejao and Daniel Gibson provided so much more offense at Cleveland than at Boston.

For two games at boston, the shot 6 for 23, 26%, for 19 points.
For two games at Cleveland, they shot 25 for 36, 69.4%, for 59 points.

Ouch... game changer!! let's hope the trend continues!!

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 01:02:42 AM »

Offline drkalloch

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
While we sit in fear that our beloved C's are destined for failure for their Road woes, it behooves us to look league-wide at the home/road splits and see how one-sided they are this year. In the Conference Semifinals, home teams are 15-1. I think the Green have road problems for sure, but they won more than anyone during the regular season and EVERYONE is having troubles this round. Just makes that home-court edge all the sweeter and puts the onus on us season-ticket holders to blow out our lungs each night for this team.
TheKMan.

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 01:31:19 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
In the Conference Semifinals, home teams are 15-1. I think the Green have road problems for sure, but they won more than anyone during the regular season and EVERYONE is having troubles this round.

When the talent level is close -- emotion and adrenalin can make the difference. I also think Celtics fans are underestimating Cleveland.  They did, after all, make the Finals last year.

I'm not at all surprised that the series is 2-2.  I think it's going 7 regardless of what happens in Game 5.