Author Topic: Note to Perk, Ray and Rondo: Step Up!  (Read 3607 times)

Note to Perk, Ray and Rondo: Step Up!
« on: May 12, 2008, 03:00:09 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I did this for KG for game 7 of the Altanta series and he stepped up.  I did it for Ray for game 2 against Cleveland and he stepped up too (although Ray didn't in the last game).  In my the thread I created for Ray, someone asked me to ask Perk to step up and I forgot to do it before the game.  You know what happened... Perk didn't step up defensively and no one else played well either.  So I guess I'm to blame for that terrible effort in game three. :-\

So here is the thread that will get the Celtics a win tonight!

Every Celtic please step up!
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Re: Note to Perk, Ray and Rondo: Step Up!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 04:29:45 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
How about Paul Pierce, at least on the offensive end?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 04:35:02 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
How about Paul Pierce, at least on the offensive end?

The most important, yet least talked about piece to the puzzle...

Perk is beyond help at this point.  I feel sorry for him.  I'd like to see more POWE - hell, even Scal.  I'm serious too.  Let KG/PJ guard Big Z (who is playing some great ball by the way).

Rondo is the most excused in my book for lack of experience.  That said he needs to learn to better adjust, and do so in a hurry.

Big game tonight - Go Celtics!  Here's to Brick James striking again!
God bless and good night!

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 04:40:40 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Everytime Perk plays well, we play well.  This is what we need from Perk...  He needs to reach one of the categories and he can afford to get close to the other categories, but if we get this from him, then I think we'll win.

10-14 points
8-10 rebounds
2-4 boards

So if he gets 12 points, 8 boards, and 3 blocks, I think theres a high chance we'll win.  If get gets 4 points, 10 boards, and 3 blocks, then we might win.  If he gets 6 points, 4 boards and 1 block, then we'll lose.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 04:49:37 PM »

Offline Celts17Pride

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Perk have 12 pts, 7 reb. & 2 blocks in Game 3. Perk is playing his role.

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 05:01:02 PM »

Offline NicaraguanFan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Perk have 12 pts, 7 reb. & 2 blocks in Game 3. Perk is playing his role.

You are absolutely right. Perk has been playing better than anyone could expect.   Some people talk about Powe as if he was far better than Perk and don't get the point... Powe will be abuse by Cavs players in the defensive end.
#18 is coming...

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 05:01:40 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
The entire Celtics offense is in a lull. Pierce only got 8 shots last game, i know he's struggling but hes got to have the ball in his hands more often. No ones cutting no ones moving, i say let House and Allen get some minutes maybe they can spark this team like they did so well in the early goings of the season. These guys arent having any fun and they have gone way over their peak of optimal arousal and our too pumped up...Celtics, relax, have fun, and we will see your talent.

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 06:42:52 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Which is why you can't go by stats alone.  Perk was terrible in Game 3.  He missed a number of defensive assignments and was once again hesitant in taking the ball up hard.  However, his worst mistake was in trying to do too much; it is not the role of Perk to be taking turnaround jumpers (which he misses by five feet).

I like Perk normally, but his ineptness in Game 3 is not adequately reflected in the box score.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 07:20:21 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Perk hasn't played his best this series, but he has a very tough assignment for him in Z. Z can shoot that outside shot well which draws him farther out and makes it more difficult to recover on the rotation. We very well may need a quicker guy on him to prevent him from spotting up and killing us like he did in the beginning of game 3, yet still be able to rotate. We will need Perk moving on to a championship, so we can't get in his head negatively. Reduce his minutes some AFTER having already discussed the reasons for the matchup switches. If he is playing extra well leave him in. If not then Powe and even PJ might be a good change up. BBD is too short to be effective against him, which also hurts Powe a bit.

Rondo just needs to come out playing smart and knocking down that 15 footer in the lane they are giving him. Then when they step out he can go past or dish. He most importantly just needs to be all over Delonte.

Ray needs to ignore his offense and concentrate on D. Whatever he gets on offense is fine, but he can't let Wally beat us. We do need to run some picks for shorter shots and get him involved early.

Most importantly, pound it into KG in the post and let him do his thing!

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 07:24:13 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Which is why you can't go by stats alone.  Perk was terrible in Game 3.  He missed a number of defensive assignments and was once again hesitant in taking the ball up hard.  However, his worst mistake was in trying to do too much; it is not the role of Perk to be taking turnaround jumpers (which he misses by five feet).

I like Perk normally, but his ineptness in Game 3 is not adequately reflected in the box score.

TP. Perk was a significant factor in the loss. He MUST elevate his game or his minutes will have to be cut.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 07:35:38 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
perk is way out sized so rebounds are a problem..he doesnt have a post game and lately he seems to think he gotta jumper...the only way perk will shine is if kevin is super ballin which brings double teams that leave perk open for easy dunks...when kevs game gets stronger perk puts point on the board..

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 07:49:01 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I'd be happy if Rondo took those little jumpers he had been making consistently all year.