Author Topic: An omen of things to come perhaps?  (Read 3548 times)

An omen of things to come perhaps?
« on: May 12, 2008, 02:49:14 PM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200

At lunch today I did something I never (and I mean never) do.  I bought a Celtics $5 lottery scratch card.

and.......................

I am now $95 richer ($100 win - $5 card)
(I'm no fool, I know when to walk away)

So if I can win on one of those dumb cards -- perhaps the Celts can win on the road.
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.

Re: An omen of things to come perhaps?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 02:53:50 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I hope your omen is better than mine.  I'm working on a big project at work, and it turns out one of the key cases is entitled Lebron v. National Railroad Passenger Corporation.  I have to deal with "Lebron" references even at work now.   :-\ :P

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 02:59:05 PM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
I hope your omen is better than mine.  I'm working on a big project at work, and it turns out one of the key cases is entitled Lebron v. National Railroad Passenger Corporation.  I have to deal with "Lebron" references even at work now.   :-\ :P

I bet you'll make more than $95 on it though!!!   ;D

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 03:35:06 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

At lunch today I did something I never (and I mean never) do.  I bought a Celtics $5 lottery scratch card.

and.......................

I am now $95 richer ($100 win - $5 card)
(I'm no fool, I know when to walk away)

So if I can win on one of those dumb cards -- perhaps the Celts can win on the road.

I just hoped you scratched it while you were on the road and not waited to scratch it at home.   ;)

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 04:04:55 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'm good for one or two scratchers a year (usually the dollar variety).  But for some reason I've been feeling the tug of one those $10 Red Sox tickets lately.  So far, so good on resisting the temptation.

They're so big and pretty though...and just think of all the good I'd be doing for the Commonwealth ::)
Yup

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 04:11:05 PM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
I'm good for one or two scratchers a year (usually the dollar variety).  But for some reason I've been feeling the tug of one those $10 Red Sox tickets lately.  So far, so good on resisting the temptation.

They're so big and pretty though...and just think of all the good I'd be doing for the Commonwealth ::)

I think the ugly cards payout more.   (I literally spend less than $25 a year on lottery related vices)

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 04:13:12 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
We just came back from a retreat and the owner of the cabin, this rich kid, bought a ticket on the way back and won $50.  Just another case of the rich getting richer!   >:(  ;D
(gotta post the faces to show that I am kidding... hehe)
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 04:13:30 PM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
Oddly, regarding Roy's post, I'm working on a partnership freeze-out issue today and I found myself looking at the case In re Boston Celtics Limited Partnership Shareholder Litigation, 1999 WL 641902 (Del. Ch. Aug. 6, 1999), in which I learned the nauseating fact that Paul "Thanksdad" Gaston's mother's name is Paula.

I don't know what kind of an omen that is. ???
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 04:41:50 PM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
Oddly, regarding Roy's post, I'm working on a partnership freeze-out issue today and I found myself looking at the case In re Boston Celtics Limited Partnership Shareholder Litigation, 1999 WL 641902 (Del. Ch. Aug. 6, 1999), in which I learned the nauseating fact that Paul "Thanksdad" Gaston's mother's name is Paula.

That's a bit odd.  I am glad my mom's not named SShoreFana.   :D
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 04:55:00 PM by SShoreFan »

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 05:08:35 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

That's a bit odd.  I am glad my mom's not named SShoreFana.   :D

My mom's name is Redza ;)

Actually my grandfather went by Red (as does my parent's cat), and my daughter has red hair.  Of course none of this has anything to do with how I came up with my original name...What could it all mean?
Yup