Author Topic: Foul Weather Fans  (Read 11492 times)

Re: Foul Weather Fans
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 07:39:31 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
In all fairness, Lost came on right after the game. 

See, more negative fodder.  After a big win shouldn't they be watching "Won" instead of "Lost"?

(I apologize for that horrendous bit of punnery  ::) couldn't help myself)

that's the funniest thing i've read today.

ahh lost. no one say what happened i haven't watched it yet.

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 08:36:14 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Here's my prediction. For three days, 72 hours, right after the Celtics win the championship, the number of hits to Celticsblog will fall to virtually nothing due to the fact that no one will really have anything to complain about.

Redz, I have said the exact thing that you OP'ed in this thread a dozen or more times and so far you have pretty much gotten all the same standard answers I have always gotten.

I think after the next complete whitewashing of a playoff team this postseason I'm going to start a thread called:

"The rah-rah, everything is right in Celtics world thread. Disclaimer: this thread may cause convulsions of happiness most most posters of this site. Please enter at your own risk!"

Here's another guess, it will not receive one single hit.

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 08:52:03 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Here's my prediction. For three days, 72 hours, right after the Celtics win the championship, the number of hits to Celticsblog will fall to virtually nothing due to the fact that no one will really have anything to complain about.

Redz, I have said the exact thing that you OP'ed in this thread a dozen or more times and so far you have pretty much gotten all the same standard answers I have always gotten.

I think after the next complete whitewashing of a playoff team this postseason I'm going to start a thread called:

"The rah-rah, everything is right in Celtics world thread. Disclaimer: this thread may cause convulsions of happiness most most posters of this site. Please enter at your own risk!"

Please continue to be incredibly over-confident that this series is already over.  Pay no attention to past history

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 08:53:47 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
Human beings just like to complain and fuss. It's our program.

Think about it, how many of you go to work and hear your coworkers talking about how much they love each other and how well things are in their life. (I never heard such)

Or how often to do you go to work and hear, "You think you've got problems..." or "Bob is such a jerk everything he does is annoying..." or "Sue is such a..."

If everything went perfect in the human race nobody would feel the need to open their mouths about anything. And the moment someone did open their mouth, it would be all downhill again.

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 08:57:33 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Please continue to be incredibly over-confident that this series is already over.  Pay no attention to past history
I apologize for my overconfidence and for selling the Cavs and every other team short. I apologize that you, as a Cavs fan do not like to hear such things. But this is CELTICSBLOG and you are bound to have a poster or two that actually want the Celtics and look forward to the Celtics winning another championship.

Just like you look forward to the Cavs winning the first Cleveland pro sports championship since, well I don't know. I'm only 43 and they haven't won one since I was born so, let's just say since the birth of Rock N Roll. That's probably about right.

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 08:59:36 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
The main problem on discussions on this site is that most of the criticisms and complaints are misguided and unwarranted.  I would be OK to listen when complaints about someone are legit... but sadly, most of the complaints are quite bogus.

For example, people keep complaining about Sam's defense, when he had been playing good defense for the last couple of games.  People that complain about his ball hogging, when he's actually moving the ball and Rondo isn't (they turn a blind eye on him).  They rip Doc for going with Cassell who is hot, and don't see how awful Rondo was the quarter before.  Things like that. It's complete nonsense, and anything you say to refute the argument falls into deaf ears, and you end up repeating yourself in 10 threads created about the same misguided crap because no one wants to listen to things that are contrary to their believes.

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 10:35:52 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
I apologize for my overconfidence and for selling the Cavs and every other team short. I apologize that you, as a Cavs fan do not like to hear such things. But this is CELTICSBLOG and you are bound to have a poster or two that actually want the Celtics and look forward to the Celtics winning another championship.

Just like you look forward to the Cavs winning the first Cleveland pro sports championship since, well I don't know. I'm only 43 and they haven't won one since I was born so, let's just say since the birth of Rock N Roll. That's probably about right.

Ha!  I knew that would get someone riled up...I actually thought it would be Budweiser.  I know what site I am at and I am not hear to tell everyone they are wrong.  We are all fans, and I expect fans of the Celtics to be confident in the Celtics.

My statement was made with heavy sarcasm.  The fact is that as a Cleveland fan I of course look forward to the first pro championship here in my lifetime.  Boston was in the same place a few years ago.  But the outcomes of these games do not make or break my life.  You can taunt me and call out the fact that Cleveland hasn't won in forever, but the fact is that I will still be waking up tomorrow and playing with my son.  That's what makes my day. 

I am not here to taunt and my comment was all in good fun.  Read my other posts if you don't believe my intentions.  No disrespect meant.

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2008, 03:10:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Ha!  I knew that would get someone riled up...I actually thought it would be Budweiser.  I know what site I am at and I am not hear to tell everyone they are wrong.  We are all fans, and I expect fans of the Celtics to be confident in the Celtics.

My statement was made with heavy sarcasm.  The fact is that as a Cleveland fan I of course look forward to the first pro championship here in my lifetime.  Boston was in the same place a few years ago.  But the outcomes of these games do not make or break my life.  You can taunt me and call out the fact that Cleveland hasn't won in forever, but the fact is that I will still be waking up tomorrow and playing with my son.  That's what makes my day. 

I am not here to taunt and my comment was all in good fun.  Read my other posts if you don't believe my intentions.  No disrespect meant.

Sarcasm is sometimes very hard to read from posts, as I am sure you are well aware of. It is good that you have the proper perspective on life, family first as always. TP4U for having your priorities straight and for having the cajones to come here and take some of this crap.

BTW, I love the city of Cleveland. I went to Case Western Reserve and went to many a basball game at the Mistake on the Lake. Even tookin some World B. and Mark Price era Cavs games. Of course, getting tickets then were a lot lot easier.

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2008, 03:14:35 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
I'da been all over it here Redz, but still don't have internet in my new place...

Besides, I had a budding RockBand drum Solo Tour to get to (can't keep the fans waiting) before The Office came on.

It is rather slow on here today though...

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 03:30:15 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
I for one only post during the day when trying to avoid work. At home, I try to relax with my dog, my lady and my buddies so I'm never on the blog after a game, win or lose.

I agree there's more traffic on bad days, I think it's more due to the fact that a lot of us know and love the Celtics and when we notice something that eats away at us, we want to know we're not crazy and this is a place we know we can go to flush out those ideas with people who actually pay attention to games and to hear things we may have missed. Something like, "Am I nuts or did Doc play 11 guys last night, everybody except for one of our guys who could potentially defend Joe Johnson?" Or "Is it really a good idea for Glen Davis to be defending Josh Smith?" Or "Shouldn't James Posey be playing 30 minutes a night?"

When things go well, those issues don't come out as much, and I must say, I think Doc is doing a better overall job with substitutions since Game 4 of the Atlanta series. He's relying more on Posey, Sam and Powe, giving Brown, our only 7 footer off the bench, some opportunity to defend the 7'3" shotmaker, and being more willing to go with the hot hand even at the expense of a rested starter or even star, i.e., keeping Sam and Posey in there in the 4th in Game 1 even though Rondo and Pierce were pretty well rested. Pierce at least got back in there, but when Posey had it going, he didn't rock the boat, which I thought took some guts.

The test is coming in Cleveland. I expect Lebron will be more aggresive in trying to get his in Game 3, we just have to be ready to step up elsewhere. Allen's out of the slump (it only takes one shot, Doc was right about that) and Pierce shot better. We need Rondo to figure a way to play better against Delonte and give Z fewer wide open shots. And encourage fireworks before the game.

MMac, what's a good Cavs blog? I'd like to see some of the Cleveland opinions of this series.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2008, 03:33:42 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

MMac, what's a good Cavs blog? I'd like to see some of the Cleveland opinions of this series.

Oxymoron alert  ;D

Sorry, we should love our enemy, right?
Yup

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2008, 03:39:24 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Oxymoron alert  ;D

here one
http://www.clevelandcavaliersblog.blogspot.com/
first one I find
hope I am not breaking the rulezz  :D

other

http://mvn.com/nba-cavaliers/
almost same read
second is better read and seems to be our very own Steves friend.
Nice to know were steve gets his info
lol ;)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 03:45:37 PM by Edgar »
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 03:41:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Oxymoron alert  ;D

Wow! And I thought my line about no championship since the birth of rock-n-roll may have been pushing the envelope a bit far!! ;) ;)
Just kidding! ;D

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2008, 04:33:40 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
Thanks, Edgar, yet another TP for you my Salvadoran friend.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2008, 05:01:03 PM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200
I just read this entire post --- every last bit of it

and sadly I have absolutely nothing to add.  Nadda - zip - nothing.  The humourous observations have been taken, the intelligent responses taken, the good banter with the fine fellow from Cleveland taken, the research about the Cleveland blog scene taken.  Taken, taken taken........nothing left for me to do except to say I am sorry that I have deliberately wasted your time in reading this pointless rambling post.

:D
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.