Author Topic: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?  (Read 200869 times)

Re: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?
« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2013, 11:12:13 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
And also, Vasquez may not have been as good as Conley at the time (they needed more PT for one or the other) but note that this year, he is in EVERY article discussing MIP. He is almost a guaranteed nominee for Most Improved... he's having a Rondo year and will only improve.

Rondo and Zbo wouldn't make a contender either.

« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2013, 11:13:23 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
And also, Vasquez may not have been as good as Conley at the time (they needed more PT for one or the other) but note that this year, he is in EVERY article discussing MIP. He is almost a guaranteed nominee for Most Improved... he's having a Rondo year and will only improve.

Rondo and Zbo wouldn't make a contender either.

It would with the right pieces. Dominant PG and dominant PF, you just need the right role players.

Klay is definitely one.
Let's see what I can do with two second-rounders
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2013, 11:23:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Nothing personal CC, but I hate that phrase that "player X has gotten better to the point he is playing at X level and because he is young, he will only improve".

Hate that with a passion because after watching NBA basketball for 30 years I can tell you players are never guaranteed to improve. They are not supposed to improve. They don't always keep improving because they have already.

Lots of times players plateau. Even more often they regress. And given changes in the team the may play with, their attitude at reaching a certain level, or injuries sometimes they just disappear into obscurity.

« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2013, 11:26:11 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
A Washington front office executive was just seen leaving the GM's office grumbling angrily to himself.  He declined comment, but among his mutterings were the words "...batty old man can't make up his [bleep]ing mind."  Take that how you will.

« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2013, 11:28:05 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Nothing personal CC, but I hate that phrase that "player X has gotten better to the point he is playing at X level and because he is young, he will only improve".

Hate that with a passion because after watching NBA basketball for 30 years I can tell you players are never guaranteed to improve. They are not supposed to improve. They don't always keep improving because they have already.

Lots of times players plateau. Even more often they regress. And given changes in the team the may play with, their attitude at reaching a certain level, or injuries sometimes they just disappear into obscurity.

Sorry for using it.

But I think Vasquez surely is a Most Improved Player nominee, look at that huge jump from last year. I doubt his attitude changes, seeing as he's always been a good guy. Injuries are unpredictable, and you really can't worry about them, because they're gonna happen when they happen. Even if Vasquez plateaus, a 13/10/5 PG is a great deal for $1.3mil a year. If he improves, then this is the steal of the draft for sure.

Personally, I think he suits my team more than Conley. If I need scoring, I have Thompson. Vasquez is the passing leader on this team and if he stops shooting so much, he'll be a top-5 PG in the league (if we're looking at him the same way we look at Rondo). His plus rebounding (along with Randolph's plus rebounding) are good too ;D
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2013, 11:38:45 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Sorry for using it.

But I think Vasquez surely is a Most Improved Player nominee, look at that huge jump from last year. I doubt his attitude changes, seeing as he's always been a good guy. Injuries are unpredictable, and you really can't worry about them, because they're gonna happen when they happen. Even if Vasquez plateaus, a 13/10/5 PG is a great deal for $1.3mil a year. If he improves, then this is the steal of the draft for sure.

Personally, I think he suits my team more than Conley. If I need scoring, I have Thompson. Vasquez is the passing leader on this team and if he stops shooting so much, he'll be a top-5 PG in the league (if we're looking at him the same way we look at Rondo). His plus rebounding (along with Randolph's plus rebounding) are good too ;D

Why do you insist on ignoring the advice of everyone?

Vasquez is a nice young player, Klay is even nicer.  But they are not ready for primetime.  Not by a long shot.

Randoplh will go sour quickly with a young duo like them.  It wasn't until he got major minutes and a major role on a good team that he finally shed his "lokckeroom cancer" lable.  He will probably go right back to it.

Nobody here is trying to put you down or attack you.  Just being honest.

« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2013, 11:47:18 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
PG: Conley
SF/PF: Carmelo
C: Chandler

D on the perimeter, D in the paint, a go-to scorer who's a matchup nightmare for most teams, and another $40 mill and change to spend.  Just need a few solid role players and this team is looking good.

« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2013, 11:54:42 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
PG: Conley
SF/PF: Carmelo
C: Chandler

D on the perimeter, D in the paint, a go-to scorer who's a matchup nightmare for most teams, and another $40 mill and change to spend.  Just need a few solid role players and this team is looking good.

Need a SG to shore up that perimeter "D", but definite contender status.

« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2013, 11:57:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Sorry for using it.

Vasquez will never be Rondo. He doesn't have the ball handling skills, the defensive skills, the passing skills, the athleticism or the mental drive and desire.

Remember, Vasquez and Rondo are the same age. Vasquez was a four year college player. he is probably topping out throwing up stats on one of the worst teams in the league. And as we all know, players can throw up big numbers on bad teams all they want but if they aren't transforming that team into a better team with their presence, then they will probably never put up those stats on a good team and almost assuredly wouldn't on a title contending team.

Vasquez is a nice player. But he isn't a top 10 PG in the league and never will be.

Sorry man. Not trying to be harsh, just telling you like it is.

« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2013, 11:58:02 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Greivis Vasquez (top-5 passer)/ Klay Thompson (top-5 3P shooter)/ Zach Randolph (top-5 rebounder)

Contender?

Nope.

Agree.

without taking part and i never agree with IP i dont like the matchs that much
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2013, 12:00:45 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Looking to move 2 3's for a top-5 2nd rounder and a 4th, or a 3rd and a 4th for a mid second rounder and a 5th.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #146 on: February 19, 2013, 12:16:58 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Why do you insist on ignoring the advice of everyone?

Vasquez is a nice young player, Klay is even nicer.  But they are not ready for primetime.  Not by a long shot.

Sorry, I'm just too stubborn for myself. :(

And I wasted a Marc Gasol for a player worse than a third rounder. -.-"
Just annoyed, sorry to anyone I offended
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #147 on: February 19, 2013, 12:31:52 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Chicago Bulls: After 2

PG - Andre Iguodala (yeah he's the Point)
SG - "Iso" Joe Johnson
SF - Luol Deng
PF - TBD
C  - Joakim Noah

Ton of money owed to that four alone. Took a chance on a really expensive go-to guy, but a go-to guy none the less.

But as of right now it's a contender IMO. There's a guy who can take the scoring load. Everybody is a willing passer. Rebounds are not a problem, my PG is a solid rebounder for his position. It might be owed a ton, but I like how it turned up.

Did I mention, defensively this team is tough?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #148 on: February 19, 2013, 12:36:29 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

SG - "Iso" Joe Johnson
SF - Luol Deng
PF - TBD
C  - Joakim Noah

Ton of money owed to that four alone. Took a chance on a really expensive go-to guy, but a go-to guy none the less. But as of right now it's a team that is willing to move the ball.

You know my thoughts.

Your Noah-Deng-AI2 core is fantastic.  It's a defensive nightmare, and should be amazing in transition.  This is the core of a very, very tough team.

I don't understand the Johnson pick.  He's lost a couple of steps, and isn't the athlete he used to be.  He's more of a half-court player now, he's a terrible defender at this stage, and he's wildly overpaid.

He just doesn't fit.  Your team needed another good big and a point guard, not Joe Johnson and his deadweight contract.  I'll be curious to see what you come up with.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #149 on: February 19, 2013, 12:38:07 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

SG - "Iso" Joe Johnson
SF - Luol Deng
PF - TBD
C  - Joakim Noah

Ton of money owed to that four alone. Took a chance on a really expensive go-to guy, but a go-to guy none the less.

But as of right now it's a contender IMO. There's a guy who can take the scoring load. Everybody is a willing passer. Rebounds are not a problem, my PG is a solid rebounder for his position. It might be owed a ton, but I like how it turned up.

I like your team better if you go small with Deng at PF.

I think you can have a very good team with small-ball.