Author Topic: Private Workouts - Do we sign any of them?  (Read 2557 times)

Re: Private Workouts - Do we sign any of them?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2023, 02:22:40 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
With Pritchard, it is a pretty reasonable assumption that he will give you 15 min or whatever, every night you need that.  But could you count on that with Wall?

I think his body will hold up well enough to play 15 mpg.  The question is, do you want him to?

https://stathead.com/basketball/versus-finder.cgi?request=1&seasons_type=forall&year_min=2023&year_max=2023&player_id1=walljo01&player_id2=pritcpa01

Scroll down for the stat comparisons.  That's probably a pretty fair look at what each would offer.

Don't get me wrong, you will not hear me being critical if they pass on Wall for whatever reason.  But of the players suggested in the OP, he is the one guy I felt may be able to find a role.

Giles is also interesting to a point.  I suspect he would not be any better than Vonleh, if that, but if you could get him on a 2-way, based on a positive private workout, I would understand that.  I have no idea where Giles is at physically, mentally, whatever so I can't really judge, just speculate, just like all these other potential scrubs.

Jay Scrub doesn't appreciate that.

No offense intended towards Mr. Scrubb.

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2023, 02:33:39 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
With Pritchard, it is a pretty reasonable assumption that he will give you 15 min or whatever, every night you need that.  But could you count on that with Wall?

I think his body will hold up well enough to play 15 mpg.  The question is, do you want him to?

https://stathead.com/basketball/versus-finder.cgi?request=1&seasons_type=forall&year_min=2023&year_max=2023&player_id1=walljo01&player_id2=pritcpa01

Scroll down for the stat comparisons.  That's probably a pretty fair look at what each would offer.

These stat comparisons are based on the two games the Celtics and Clippers played last year?  I'm not sure what conclusion I'm supposed to take of the stats in general, nor how they are at all representative for either player.

See the bolded, or what VG wrote.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2023, 02:54:50 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Wall, thanks. Someone who likes to dish out the ball is always welcome. Shoots the 3 as mediocrely as Smart does, so I don't want him on the court in the last minute of tight games because he will wind up as the open man just the way Smart always did.

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2023, 02:55:38 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178

Don't get me wrong, you will not hear me being critical if they pass on Wall for whatever reason.  But of the players suggested in the OP, he is the one guy I felt may be able to find a role.

Giles is also interesting to a point.  I suspect he would not be any better than Vonleh, if that, but if you could get him on a 2-way, based on a positive private workout, I would understand that.  I have no idea where Giles is at physically, mentally, whatever so I can't really judge, just speculate, just like all these other potential scrubs.

Jay Scrub doesn't appreciate that.

No offense intended towards Mr. Scrubb.

I'll tell him.

::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4ZN95FRWtU&t=6s

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2023, 05:27:10 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

These stat comparisons are based on the two games the Celtics and Clippers played last year?  I'm not sure what conclusion I'm supposed to take of the stats in general, nor how they are at all representative for either player.
Bit further down. Stathead has changed their player comparison tool completely, and the layout is all different.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)