Author Topic: 76ers/Warrior trade idea  (Read 3128 times)

76ers/Warrior trade idea
« on: November 03, 2020, 01:58:06 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
So this is a negative trade value for negative trade value that can help both teams.

Horford for Wiggins. 

Re: 76ers/Warrior trade idea
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 02:52:37 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
So this is a negative trade value for negative trade value that can help both teams.

Horford for Wiggins.
that would probably help out both teams actually.  better fits for their new teams.  still doesn't fix the core problems with each player:  Wiggins lack of effort/defense and Al's age/declining skills

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 04:46:28 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Interesting idea but I don't think the Warriors want to take back that much money.  More likely they can find someone to dump Wiggins on who will take a draft pick or something.

But it is an interesting possibility.  If it wasn't for the contract, Horford would be a good fit for them.

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 05:31:30 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I’m surprised at how down people are on Wiggins. Adding a 20+ point scorer to Warriors culture and surrounding a scoring slasher like him around Klay and Steph, not to mention the veteran/championship winning experience factor, Wiggins could potentially thrive there.

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 05:49:41 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Horford for Wiggins.

Not a knock on Wiggins...but I think this deal could really help the Warriors a lot.  Considering the age of players I wonder if the Warriors could also receive a pick.

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 08:55:01 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I’m surprised at how down people are on Wiggins. Adding a 20+ point scorer to Warriors culture and surrounding a scoring slasher like him around Klay and Steph, not to mention the veteran/championship winning experience factor, Wiggins could potentially thrive there.

The upcoming season will be a real test of what actually drives him.  Kerr and the gang ain't going to just let him coast, he'll get ripped by Dray every bit as bad as Jimmy ripped him in Minny.  This is Wiggins chance to prove he can actually be a positive contributor in a winning environment instead of being just another empty stats type of player.

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 12:51:55 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Wiggins is a tricky one to ascertain. He struggled as the third option in Minny behind KAT and Butler, but his passing seems to have improved. If he can buy in on defence he could come good, but if he sulks and returns to being super inefficient then it's a horror contract
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2020, 10:48:30 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Interesting idea but I don't think the Warriors want to take back that much money.  More likely they can find someone to dump Wiggins on who will take a draft pick or something.

But it is an interesting possibility.  If it wasn't for the contract, Horford would be a good fit for them.

They make similar money this year but Wiggins contracts goes up so much more in the future then Horford.   Same number of years.

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2020, 11:59:56 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868

They make similar money this year but Wiggins contracts goes up so much more in the future then Horford.   Same number of years.

I understand but the whole point of dumping Wiggins is to get out from under the contract (3 years).  Taking back Horford and his nearly equally bad contract (also 3 yrs but a little less) defeats the purpose as I see it.

Maybe GSW do this but I think they can find a better deal and they will just keep him until they do find a better deal.

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2020, 12:31:42 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I understand but the whole point of dumping Wiggins is to get out from under the contract (3 years).  Taking back Horford and his nearly equally bad contract (also 3 yrs but a little less) defeats the purpose as I see it.

Maybe GSW do this but I think they can find a better deal and they will just keep him until they do find a better deal.

I think Horford helps them trying to win a title.   A bigger defender who can still shoot from the outside.