Poll

Would you trade for Giannis?

Yes
13 (65%)
No
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Would you trade for Giannis Antetokounmpo?  (Read 4902 times)

Re: Would you trade for Giannis Antetokounmpo?
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2020, 05:22:45 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
According to Ashley Nicole of iHeart Radio, Giannis Antetokounmpo is prepared to sign a long-term deal with the Miami Heat. Additionally, the Milwaukee Bucks are ‘not willing’ to let the two-time MVP walk in free agency.

Never heard of her.... Is she credible !?!?!??!
Never heard of her. Her twitter is just as credible as anyone mildly sports interested.

I’ve seen a report that Giannis is set to sign the supermax this upcoming week
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2020, 07:03:56 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Brown + Smart + Langford or either Williams + three #1s

Who beats that?

I agree.  If the Celtics put Brown in the package, there's nobody else in the NBA with the assets to beat that offer.
Brown is an elite NBA wing on a very good long term deal for the money.

And if we make this move, this also doesn't stop us from moving Hayward to another team such as Indy in a 3 way trade to get below the luxury tax threshold.  Imagine if we get a decent big like Myles Turner for our trouble!

Giannis, Kemba, and Tatum are quite capable of being the big 3 on a championship team!  Danny get it done!!

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2020, 07:08:10 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
According to Ashley Nicole of iHeart Radio, Giannis Antetokounmpo is prepared to sign a long-term deal with the Miami Heat. Additionally, the Milwaukee Bucks are ‘not willing’ to let the two-time MVP walk in free agency.

Never heard of her. Her twitter is just as credible as anyone mildly sports interested.

in any case, better if Giannis is traded to Miami now for all kinds of Miami assets, as opposed to signing there later as a FA.

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2020, 08:56:18 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

in any case, better if Giannis is traded to Miami now for all kinds of Miami assets, as opposed to signing there later as a FA.

Why would the cHeat give up anyone when theu can just sit and relax ...they are competing against no one specially if the have already assured themselves theyd be getting GA...the risk really is if Giannis is traded to another team say Boston and then we win it all with him which gives him a taste of a championship..I doubt he still leaves for Miami and do a Kawhi move.

I think if Danny has a chance to pounce on him and just give up JB and Smart plus picks and future picks then he would do it...a team with Giannis and Tatum will be one heck of a team.

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2020, 10:54:16 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Why would the cHeat give up anyone when theu can just sit and relax ...they are competing against no one specially if the have already assured themselves theyd be getting GA...the risk really is if Giannis is traded to another team say Boston and then we win it all with him which gives him a taste of a championship..I doubt he still leaves for Miami and do a Kawhi move.

I think if Danny has a chance to pounce on him and just give up JB and Smart plus picks and future picks then he would do it...a team with Giannis and Tatum will be one heck of a team.

The part about the Bucks saying they won't let him walk for nothing....puts pressure on Miami and everyone else in the league who might want him.

Even if he chose Miami and demanded to be traded there, Miami would still have to give up good stuff to make it happen.  Unless I'm blind to some option Miami has ...