Author Topic: Andre Drummond  (Read 3642 times)

Re: Andre Drummond
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2020, 02:04:16 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
When he is a free agent and getting a contract like Kanter, sure. 

On his current deal, no.

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2020, 12:12:02 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
When he is a free agent and getting a contract like Kanter, sure. 

On his current deal, no.
Really looking forward to him demanding a max in free agency and getting offered the MLE in return
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2020, 02:19:22 AM »

Offline kiwiceltic

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16
I wonder how much the Drummond lack of effort/consistency comes down to team situation?

He hasn’t exactly had the best group around him (Reggie Jackson, Tobias Harris, Old D-Rose, & washed up Blake).

Would a change of scenery and a chance on a contender reignite the spark?

Thoughts?

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2020, 07:46:51 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I wonder how much the Drummond lack of effort/consistency comes down to team situation?

He hasn’t exactly had the best group around him (Reggie Jackson, Tobias Harris, Old D-Rose, & washed up Blake).

Thoughts?

Drummond has been a pretty steady producer for several years.  15-18 pts and 14-16 rebs every year for the last 5 if not 6 or 7 seasons.  Not sure how this demonstrates lack of effort or consistency.  I suppose you could ask for more effort on defense but he is one of the most consistent players in the league.

As to a change of scenery, I suspect he would be happy to get out of Cleveland but I don't expect that is going to result in a big spark in his play over what he has done for the last 6 or 7 seasons.  If you decide you want Drummond, you better plan on getting exactly what he has been (which is a pretty good player nonetheless).

As to the idea of getting him for Kanter money, I am sure his agent is out there figuring out what the market is for him.  If the market is only Kanter money, I think he opts in and with that money, the scenery in Cleveland won't seem so bad.  If the Celtics want Drummond for next season, they will need to figure out a trade, likely involving Hayward and probably multiple teams, an idea I am not necessarily opposed to, depending on the final details of course.

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2020, 10:54:14 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Thoughts?

I think he is one of those players who was much move valuable in the NBA before the change in style.   To many good teams in the playoffs that can play him off the floor in crunch time for him to be payed the amount he is. 

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2020, 11:44:21 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
He's somewhere between Hassan Whiteside and Tristan Thompson, but more expensive than both.  Not a fan.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2020, 01:07:04 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

Thoughts?

Drummond has been a pretty steady producer for several years.  15-18 pts and 14-16 rebs every year for the last 5 if not 6 or 7 seasons.  Not sure how this demonstrates lack of effort or consistency.  I suppose you could ask for more effort on defense but he is one of the most consistent players in the league.

As to a change of scenery, I suspect he would be happy to get out of Cleveland but I don't expect that is going to result in a big spark in his play over what he has done for the last 6 or 7 seasons.  If you decide you want Drummond, you better plan on getting exactly what he has been (which is a pretty good player nonetheless).

As to the idea of getting him for Kanter money, I am sure his agent is out there figuring out what the market is for him.  If the market is only Kanter money, I think he opts in and with that money, the scenery in Cleveland won't seem so bad.  If the Celtics want Drummond for next season, they will need to figure out a trade, likely involving Hayward and probably multiple teams, an idea I am not necessarily opposed to, depending on the final details of course.

Drummond for Hayward is an interesting idea I think. Hard to believe he's only 27.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.