Author Topic: Monday 4/3: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft  (Read 120810 times)

Re: Saturday 1/28: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #345 on: January 29, 2017, 12:20:03 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
This Kentucky-Kansas game on ESPN is must watch TV for all C's fans. Early observation: Malik Monk is going to be a dominant scorer.

Monk cooled off after a hot start.  I still think he's undersized and one dimensional, although he is a great athlete, no doubt.

Jackson was the best looking prospect to me, great all around game and his shot seems to be coming around. 2-5 from 3 today after going 6-9 his previous two games.

I've come around on Monk, because he's as good of a pure shooter as the recent Kentucky 2-guards, and while being an inferior playmaker, has the athleticism that a guy like Jamal Murray lacks. It's just hard for me to see Monk not being a great scorer, which has a lot of value. Jackson looked really good, but his shot worries me. I think it likely has to be rebuilt entirely, and that's quite the undertaking. However, his floor appears to be fairly high with his athleticism, motor, creation ability, defense, size.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Re: Sunday 1/29: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #346 on: January 29, 2017, 12:36:52 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Watching game yesterday, Jackson looks like he'd fit into our team seamlessly. Very team oriented. Chances look good we will get one of Fultz, Ball or Jackso, which is pretty cool.

« Reply #347 on: January 29, 2017, 12:38:35 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
Watching game yesterday, Jackson looks like he'd fit into our team seamlessly. Very team oriented. Chances look good we will get one of Fultz, Ball or Jackso, which is pretty cool.

I don't mean this to be disparaging toward Jackson or Danny, but Jackson is the quintessential Danny Ainge player...both in terms of the good and the bad.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #348 on: January 29, 2017, 12:43:13 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Arizona-Washington this afternoon is another must-watch for us.

I agree.

Two guys to especially watch aside from the obvious (Fultz/Markkanen) are Rawle Alkins and Alonzo Trier.

Alkins is 6'4" and 225, strong, quick and explosive. He is underrated. If Alkins guards him, this will be a good test for Fultz.

Trier, who was projected by many for the first round before the year started, has only been back 2 games from an NCAA PED suspension that allowed him to play no games before last week, even though he could travel and practice with the team.

Ainge there for this game? I thought that I heard that somewhere.

« Reply #349 on: January 29, 2017, 01:36:44 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
DSJ getting owned by the long, quick, tough Louisville D right now. Saddled with two fouls early though.

Mitchell lighting it up early for Louisville.

« Reply #350 on: January 29, 2017, 03:24:47 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552
DSJ getting owned by the long, quick, tough Louisville D right now. Saddled with two fouls early though.

DSJ is the one prospect I have no interest in.  Same thing happened to him against North Carolina.   

« Reply #351 on: January 29, 2017, 03:27:43 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

DSJ is the one prospect I have no interest in.  Same thing happened to him against North Carolina.
I dont want him or Fox to be BPA because neither can play off ball or defend the 2.

Ball and Fultz can do both, making them far better fits with Isaiah/Smart.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #352 on: January 29, 2017, 04:24:43 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

I dont want him or Fox to be BPA because neither can play off ball or defend the 2.

I'd bet neither of those guys ends up top 4 according to consensus opinion come draft time, so nothing to worry about.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #353 on: January 29, 2017, 04:42:02 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I'd bet neither of those guys ends up top 4 according to consensus opinion come draft time, so nothing to worry about.
DX has them at 3 and 6 respectively, but I think you are right. Isaac Tatum and Jackson all seem like they could be better prospects. Especially if Isaac continues his strong play.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #354 on: January 29, 2017, 04:44:23 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

I agree.

Two guys to especially watch aside from the obvious (Fultz/Markkanen) are Rawle Alkins and Alonzo Trier.

Alkins is 6'4" and 225, strong, quick and explosive. He is underrated. If Alkins guards him, this will be a good test for Fultz.

Trier, who was projected by many for the first round before the year started, has only been back 2 games from an NCAA PED suspension that allowed him to play no games before last week, even though he could travel and practice with the team.

Arizona making Fultz work hard, 4-11 in the first half.  Allen is mostly matched up with him.  Markanenn with zero impact in the first half.  Washington playing good team D, beating up on the bigger Arizona team inside.

« Reply #355 on: January 29, 2017, 04:44:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Watch this extended clip of Jackson vs Monk ... Shows the game as it progresses

But its all Jackson in the 2nd half. Kansas was trailing badly after the 1st as well.... The ending play by Jackson...  Ainge would approve.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=0Zg7o9KKdMg

« Reply #356 on: January 29, 2017, 05:19:07 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

DX has them at 3 and 6 respectively, but I think you are right. Isaac Tatum and Jackson all seem like they could be better prospects. Especially if Isaac continues his strong play.

Yeah, I don't see Fox rising higher and expect Smith to fall a bit. I actually really like Fox, but we know what he is, and that's limited with his shot. Smith is really solid as well, but I think a lot of his success can be attributed to exceptional athleticism at the college level, which is fairly diminished in the NBA where nearly everyone is an exceptional athlete. I will say, though, that both of these guys, despite their faults, are superior prospects to Kris Dunn in my eyes, which speaks to the quality and depth of this PG class.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #357 on: January 29, 2017, 05:41:02 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

I agree.

Arizona making Fultz work hard, 4-11 in the first half.  Allen is mostly matched up with him.  Markanenn with zero impact in the first half.  Washington playing good team D, beating up on the bigger Arizona team inside.

Not much different in the 2nd half.  Markanen hit a couple of 3's but didn't have much impact otherwise.  Fultz continued to struggle against Allen, who I would describe as the player of the game.

Still not convinced that Fultz is a clear #1.  I'd put Ball and Jackson in the same tier, and persnonally would take either one over Fultz.

« Reply #358 on: January 29, 2017, 06:09:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I agree.

Not much different in the 2nd half.  Markanen hit a couple of 3's but didn't have much impact otherwise.  Fultz continued to struggle against Allen, who I would describe as the player of the game.

Still not convinced that Fultz is a clear #1.  I'd put Ball and Jackson in the same tier, and persnonally would take either one over Fultz.

Agreed. Fultz is still a nice talent...just not a magical one like many think here. I rather draft Jacksom or Isaac.

Fultz 8 for 23- 16 points
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400915648

Re: Monday 1/30: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #359 on: January 30, 2017, 12:07:48 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UPDATE: Monday 1/30

Only two games, but with Duke with 5 potential draftees (shouldn't they be doing better than they are?)

7:00 ESPN    Duke/ND   Kennard(5), Allen(3), Tatum(0), Giles(1), Bolden(3)
                                   VJ Beacham(3)

9:00 ESPN    OK State   Jawun Evans(1); Oklahoma has an intersecting freshman to watch who will probably be on draft boards next year: Kristian Doolittle(11)