Author Topic: Monday 4/3: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft  (Read 120810 times)

Re: Sunday 1/8 : Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #240 on: January 10, 2017, 12:40:39 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I wish we got the ACC channel so I could watch Duke-FSU, that'll be some great prospect watching.

« Reply #241 on: January 10, 2017, 01:37:58 PM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
Chilidawg - if you get ESPN through your cable provider, then just download WatchESPN on your phone and sign in with your cable login and password and then you can watch the game. WatchESPN is affiliated with the ACC Network. I already looked at the ESPN listings for tonight and the Duke game will be shown on the app. You can also Chromecast from the WatchESPN app too.

Edit: You can also just go to ESPN's homepage and click on "Watch" and then sign in with your cable login and password and watch that way too.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 01:48:16 PM by lantinm »

« Reply #242 on: January 10, 2017, 01:48:37 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Chilldawg - if you get ESPN through your cable provider, then just download WatchESPN on your phone and sign in with your cable login and password and then you can watch the game. WatchESPN is affiliated with the ACC Network. I already looked at the ESPN listings for tonight and the Duke game will be shown on the app. You can also Chromecast from the WatchESPN app too.

TP, latinm for the respose and 'dawg for the question and tazz for the update.

Some people have pm'd me about that and I should have put it in this thread.

« Reply #243 on: January 10, 2017, 02:36:31 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Thanks for the tip, will give that a try.  Can you do the WatchEspn thing on a laptop?

« Reply #244 on: January 10, 2017, 02:44:13 PM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
Thanks for the tip, will give that a try.  Can you do the WatchEspn thing on a laptop?

Yup.  Once you sign in with your cable provider's login and password, you'll then see a tab for "Live" and "Upcoming".  Keep in mind that certain regions are blacked out.  Click on the game and it will show you a blackout map (if blackout restrictions apply).

« Reply #245 on: January 10, 2017, 10:24:23 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552

Yup.  Once you sign in with your cable provider's login and password, you'll then see a tab for "Live" and "Upcoming".  Keep in mind that certain regions are blacked out.  Click on the game and it will show you a blackout map (if blackout restrictions apply).
They have replays of games too.  I would assume those aren't subject to blackout. 

« Reply #246 on: January 10, 2017, 10:30:20 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
Giles had only 5 points and 2 rebounds in just 10 minutes.

Tatum had 21 points and 4 rebounds in 38 minutes.

Duke lost though.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #247 on: January 10, 2017, 10:32:04 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 601
I think Duke is just being cautious with Giles. With March Madness coming up, they'll need him to win the championship.

« Reply #248 on: January 11, 2017, 10:31:45 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UPDATEE: Wednesday 1/11

Potential draftees on tonight:

7:00 BTN        Mich St.         Miles Bridges

8:00 ESPN2     UNC              Justin Jackson

8:30 SECN      A&M              Robert Williams

9:00 ACCN      NC St            DSJ

9:00 FS1        Creighton       Justin Patton (his star is rising)

« Reply #249 on: January 11, 2017, 10:47:26 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Duke lost though.

I think Duke is just being cautious with Giles. With March Madness coming up, they'll need him to win the championship.

I agree.

I think that he's being real cautious himself, too and looks real tentative out there, almost non-existent. Guy's a ghost right now.

« Reply #250 on: January 11, 2017, 11:14:07 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!

Duke lost though.

I agree.

I think that he's being real cautious himself, too and looks real tentative out there, almost non-existent. Guy's a ghost right now.

Oh yeah, no doubt, I'm aware they are being cautious with Giles.

I'm getting real impressed with Tatum though. Fultz/Ball are the ideal Top-2 but Tatum has looked real solid this season.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #251 on: January 11, 2017, 07:18:24 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Duke lost though.

I agree.

I'm getting real impressed with Tatum though. Fultz/Ball are the ideal Top-2 but Tatum has looked real solid this season.
Giles looks quite bad.  His defense is terrible and he's justifiably a foul magnet.  When he's running the court, he looks more like a long distance runner in cruise mode rather than a basketball player.  Right now, he's not big enough or strong enough to play center.  He's a PF who hasn't shown any outside shooting.  He's done a little bit offensively but the only real positive is that he appears to be a good rebounder.  At this point, I would not use a top 10 pick on him in this strong draft. 

« Reply #252 on: January 11, 2017, 08:11:21 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30

Duke lost though.

I agree.

Giles looks quite bad.  His defense is terrible and he's justifiably a foul magnet.  When he's running the court, he looks more like a long distance runner in cruise mode rather than a basketball player.  Right now, he's not big enough or strong enough to play center.  He's a PF who hasn't shown any outside shooting.  He's done a little bit offensively but the only real positive is that he appears to be a good rebounder.  At this point, I would not use a top 10 pick on him in this strong draft.

He looked horrible last night but Im not going to use that game as a barometer. He hasnt played in awhile. When I look at him, I look to see what would work if he never was better than this. Now I will say this, I dont think you can really eval him til the end of next month. I think you can only look for certain things that could work. He is two months behind everyone else and it can be seen in his D and conditioning.

« Reply #253 on: January 12, 2017, 02:22:37 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Duke lost though.

I agree.

He looked horrible last night but Im not going to use that game as a barometer. He hasnt played in awhile. When I look at him, I look to see what would work if he never was better than this. Now I will say this, I dont think you can really eval him til the end of next month. I think you can only look for certain things that could work. He is two months behind everyone else and it can be seen in his D and conditioning.
I've seen 3 or 4 of the games he's played and this was representative of his play.  I agree that he's behind the curve but other than his rebounding I'm not seeing anything that projects that well considering the hype.  I watched his DraftExpress strengths video and its not that impressive.  He seems to have center skills in a PF body at this point.  Not sure who his upside projection would be. 

Re: Thursday 1/12 : Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #254 on: January 12, 2017, 10:22:23 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UPDATE: Thursday, 1/12

7:00 ACCN     Clemson       Blossomgame

9:00 FS1        Was/Cal       Fultz/Rabb

9:00 ESPN2    Arizona        Markkanen, Alkins, Kobe Simmons

11:00 FS1      UCLA           Ball, Leaf