Author Topic: Shaq: I'd draft Bol Bol over Zion  (Read 3518 times)

Shaq: I'd draft Bol Bol over Zion
« on: June 23, 2019, 03:06:30 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://youtu.be/k4sIl3jLxq0

I do like Bols game and it might haunt every team that passed on him if and when he is healthy

Re: Shaq: I'd draft Bol Bol over Zion
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 03:56:37 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
yo, what am I missing? he looks like he could be a great big! This was my first time seeing him and man was I impressed. wow how did he fall so far? Dang, he looks like he is gonna be good if he is healthy, I know he is a twig but wow, if he gets his body in order.  :o just wow.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 03:58:18 AM »

Offline shut_the_gate

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26

I do like Bols game and it might haunt every team that passed on him if and when he is healthy

I love the gang from TNT as they are one of the most entertaining teams on tv period, but none of them knows much about the modern game. It isn't completely their own fault, just like Magic Johnson they have so many other enterprises keeping them busy, but if Shaq did his proper research about Bol Bol he'd see why he fell so far in a weak draft...the guy has no heart, motor or considerable work ethic...I honestly believe similar to Darko he plays basketball because he's 7'0 + and is a great athlete, not because he loves it.

https://youtu.be/oCx-vEjKGYo

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 05:31:34 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I doubt he will haunt teams given his health and work ethic which is questionable. 

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 05:33:39 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Shaq probably studied in Magic's school of GM'ing.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 05:36:11 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
yo, what am I missing? he looks like he could be a great big! This was my first time seeing him and man was I impressed. wow how did he fall so far? Dang, he looks like he is gonna be good if he is healthy, I know he is a twig but wow, if he gets his body in order.  :o just wow.
Massive injury cloud, weighing only 208lbs, motor issues and lack of a developed game in general.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 07:41:48 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Massive injury cloud, weighing only 208lbs, motor issues and lack of a developed game in general.
His dad Manute was also a twig.  Based on genetics, it may be difficult for him to gain a lot of weight, maybe just the 25 lbs he lost recently.

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 09:13:54 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Shaq with dementia

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2019, 09:49:59 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
With the league shifting its focus to the perimeter, you wonder where Shaq would have been drafted out of school today.

Those big guys could be bargains if their game can be worked into a team's system. There has to be a dividend in dominating inside.

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 09:52:19 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

I love the gang from TNT as they are one of the most entertaining teams on tv period, but none of them knows much about the modern game. It isn't completely their own fault, just like Magic Johnson they have so many other enterprises keeping them busy, but if Shaq did his proper research about Bol Bol he'd see why he fell so far in a weak draft...the guy has no heart, motor or considerable work ethic...I honestly believe similar to Darko he plays basketball because he's 7'0 + and is a great athlete, not because he loves it.

https://youtu.be/oCx-vEjKGYo

I think part of it, too, was concern about his foot injury.

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2019, 10:55:22 AM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610
Shaq just guaranteed himself he’ll never get a GM job.

And I’lol add to the no work ethic, injury concerns negatives for nil bol.... basketball IQ of a guppy.

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2019, 12:40:05 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Didnt Danny have like 4 first round picks or was that three and an early 2nd round? He should have spent that second on Bol...Who drafted Bol and at what number?

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2019, 01:10:54 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Didnt Danny have like 4 first round picks or was that three and an early 2nd round? He should have spent that second on Bol...Who drafted Bol and at what number?
the heat drafted Bol at 41 or 44 I think. And they traded him to the nuggets for a future 2nd rounder and cash. But I read the heat never had the pick, it was a purchased pick that was already traded beforehand to get their first rounder (kz okpala)

I'm wondering if they knew Bol would be available where they were picking, if the heat would still have made that trade

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2019, 01:13:54 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
the heat drafted Bol at 41 or 44 I think. And they traded him to the nuggets for a future 2nd rounder and cash. But I read the heat never had the pick, it was a purchased pick that was already traded beforehand to get their first rounder (kz okpala)

I'm wondering if they knew Bol would be available where they were picking, if the heat would still have made that trade
If they wanted Bol they could have had him, it is not difficult or expensive to acquire mid second round picks. They could have easily grabbed a pick in the low 40s at drafted him.

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2019, 08:25:45 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Shaq needs to put himself on Shaqtin-a-Fool
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D