Author Topic: Is this the mentally weakest Celtic team ever?  (Read 2212 times)

Re: Is this the mentally weakest Celtic team ever?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 08:21:29 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Gotta be up there.

The worst part about it was that they were so mentally weak and a feature of that weakness was constantly saying passive aggressive nonsense to the press.

Another feature was the way they would revert to rushed, dumb, hero ball as soon as things became difficult.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2019, 08:41:26 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'm not sure if I'd say mentally weak as opposed to low BBIQ or more importantly -- gutless or lacking heart.

too many times this season we saw this team wilt under pressure.  they showed so little fight in so many games.  just a bunch of guys going through the motions all too often

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2019, 08:44:16 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 672
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Most selfish for sure

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2019, 09:59:23 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I've been watching Celtic teams for some time now. I've watched Bill Russell, Dave Cowens and Larry Bird era teams games through youtube and NBATV. I also watched the post Reggie Lewis-era with Dominique Wilkins leading the team (though that was short).

But I have never seen a Celtic team as soft as this one. Just no heart. Even the Pitino years, Walker-Pierce era and IT-led Celtics showed more grit than this team. Red must probably rolling on his grave now.

You're exactly right.  Its clear Cryee got his leadership skills from LeBUM.

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2019, 10:03:06 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Brad misread the room. He assumed that adult players could get on the same page, put team first, without having to yell at them, or punish them when they did not play the right way.

Kyrie assumed he could will this team to victory. He is not that dominant of a player. He is not Lebron.  He is not Giannis.

Danny's dilemma:  Do I want to recruit the player most responsible for team turmoil and selfish play (Kyrie) so that I have a legitimate shot at trading my several years' worth of carefully accumulated trade assets (draft picks, young respected players) to get a real good shot at acquiring Anthony Davis? Because if I do not get Davis, I won't be able to compete with the likes of the Bucks, the Warriors, the Rockets and any team that Kawhi goes to (or stays with).