Author Topic: Newest Celtics Babies (share your happy news / pictures here)  (Read 406724 times)

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Well, here I go:
I'M GOING TO BE A FATHER!!!  :)

Our due date is August 28 and (needless to say)
my girlfriend and I are so happy...
This will be our first child, so it's really
exciting for us.

So I figured I'd do a thread about this and every time
someone is expecting a little one, feel free to share the
beautiful news with everyone right here  :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 08:42:18 AM by Roy H. »

Re: Newest Celtics Babies
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 12:07:06 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Congratulations!  That's very exciting news, for sure.  All the best to you and your girlfriend.

Now, for the important stuff, make sure you raise your baby the proper way:  to love the Celtics, and to hate the Lakers. ;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 12:07:50 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Also, wonderful suggestion about making a sort of official thread for such things.  I'm going to sticky this at the top of the Community forum.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 12:12:16 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Congratulations!  That's very exciting news, for sure.  All the best to you and your girlfriend.

Now, for the important stuff, make sure you raise your baby the proper way:  to love the Celtics, and to hate the Lakers. ;)
Thanks!
I'll give my gf your regards and as far as loving the C's
and hating the Fakeshow, well:
Do bears defecate in the woods?  ;D

I figured it would be better to have just one thread, since
this board is mostly about hoops....

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 12:49:20 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Congratulations!  Best of luck with your upcoming new addition to Celtic Nation...

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 01:13:11 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Congratulations!  Best of luck with your upcoming new addition to Celtic Nation...

-sw
Thanks! Our baby's favorite number will be "17".
As in 17 championship banners...  ;)

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 01:31:10 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
I havea 14month old and his favorite toy is his little tikes b-ball hoop, he also has a Celtics onsie signed by JOJO White.
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 01:47:34 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
I havea 14month old and his favorite toy is his little tikes b-ball hoop, he also has a Celtics onsie signed by JOJO White.
Like father, like son  :)

gotta share this news!
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 09:36:44 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
hey cblog,

just cant keep it in, i have got to share it with evryone and anyone!  i'm going to be a father...again :)  wife told me this weekend we are pregnant.  we already have a boy, who is 2 yrs old, now we will have "#2", lol.  my son's first word was "ball", and he loves playing with his basketball hoop.  lets hope his little brother/sister will follow in his footsteps ;)

Re: gotta share this news!
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 09:40:39 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Congrats! That is always a blessing.  Best of luck to you and family.

Re: Newest Celtics Babies (share your happy news here)
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 09:41:55 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Congrats, dark_lord!  That's incredible news.  :)

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 09:44:19 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
thanks fellas.  being a father is the best!

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 10:59:11 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Awesome news!

Congrats dark_lord!

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 01:09:40 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Dark Lord:

That's totally awesome news ... there's no greater blessing on this earth, and no job that's as demanding, or rewarding. All the very best to you and your wife for a future filled with joy and happy memories! Please let me share a little thing I wrote to another blogger when I was first here in December, (he had just become a "first time" father) ... kinda sums it up for me. God Bless!

My "baby" is finishing her second year in college, and honestly, it was just a moment ago I was singing her lullaby's and rubbing her back while she went to sleep each night. I was a single dad... it was just me and her against the world, and I gotta tell you, she saved my life ... more than once.

Without that precious little angel, (and the halo slips from time to time), counting on me, looking to me to help find her way in this crazy world, man ... I just thank God for whatever heavenly mix-up landed her in my life, and I've been thanking Him since the day I first laid eyes on her, (and mine were the first she ever looked into).

I used to hear other dads talk about their babies, how they wouldn't sleep through the night, and what a relief it was when they finally did, and I would think to myself how much I cherished those times in the middle of the night, giving her the bottle and rocking her in my arms ... singing softly until she went back to sleep.

Yeah, there was always a brief moment of wanting to go back to sleep myself, but the reward was so much greater ... we bonded then, in a way inexpressable, and I wouldn't change it for the world. Yes, that age IS special ... priceless, really ... and you're blessed, my friend, in a way that's beyond words.

So cherish it with everything you are, for it's gone in the wink of an eye. I look back on those times with awe, when life was discovery and wonder ... and I begin to wish them back.

Then I get a call or a surprise visit from her on the weekend, and see what an amazing human being she has become ... so smart, beautiful, talented, and driven, and I know that I wouldn't trade THESE times either, for she's still that little girl, and so much more.

Each moment has it's own reward ... each age it's special accomplishment, and it's REALIZING how precious each ONE of those moments are that makes the difference.

I'll tell ya, there's nothing like a child to put things into perspective, even when it's "sports trauma", that we Boston fans have come to know SOOOO well! No championship or world title can come close to the joy of a first step, or a first "Da-da", or the sound of a belly-laugh.

Didn't mean to wax nostalgic here, but I did want to relate to you that there are many of us out here who have been where you are right now, with that amazing bundle of smiles, at the point of realizing the TRUE priorities in life, and you're a lucky man, my friend ... a truly lucky man.

Someday a while from now, when you have to change a nasty diaper, or warm a bottle at 2AM, or clean crayon off the wall, or watch "Barney" just "one more time", try to remember that it's those really mundane moments, those "daily grind" kind of moments, that make up a little life that's irreplaceable, and that's looking to you to light the way.

Even though there will come a day when your heart will break, with the first real date, or the last Father & Daughter Dance, or dropping off at college ... you'll still have a FULL heart, knowing this was a love that was "born to fly away", and knowing that maybe, just MAYBE ... you did something right!

God bless you and your little one ... I pray there are many such times to come, and a life full of blessings!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 02:58:06 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Congratulations and the best to you and your
little family. Great news!

I'm still somewhat in disbelief that I'll be
a father too, but it just takes one tiny look
at my girlfriend's stomach to convince me  :)