Author Topic: i didn't watch game- i was flat out exhausted by trade deadline  (Read 357 times)

i didn't watch game- i was flat out exhausted by trade deadline
« on: February 20, 2016, 08:31:58 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
i was burned out by trade deadline rumors ,knowing any big trade would totally change celts landscape, all those permutations did me in
there was a sense of excitment for a future star or piece but it could have included multiple players a cataclysmic shift of players that we fans have bonded to
3 or 4 players gone in a blink
it must have been torture for the players
relationships formed in the emotion of win streak since last year ,young players like kelly
a potential of uprooting ones home as new, as it was -
it was like death row or the sword of damocles for me
play well get traded play poorly get traded all the work of brad and team ,works both ways
so no wonder celts were flat last night they had steeled themselves for all the posibilities of change--
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 09:20:10 AM by rollie mass »

Re: i didn't watch game- i was flat out exhausted by trade deadline
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 08:46:02 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2976
I died after the first quarter . 

Other than missing Mickey , I see I would have been disappointed .

Re: i didn't watch game- i was flat out exhausted by trade deadline
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 10:40:16 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
my son played premier league basketball in england and we had a volunteer club program that had the best track record in the sport for decades but in the end it was about egos,stars with competing programs-there was no loyalty only self promotion
we brought along players for years but they would get poached by manchestor our rival with facilities and paid coaches as well as acadamies
these kids got used to losing players to real madrid,manchestor, ,basketball academies and the states-it got progessively worse as we played with two age brackets in finals of final four of england-lost in last two minutes to manchestor our rival and then the recruitment started,we started my sons final year starting undefested ,lost coaches and the pilfored team still made national quarterfinals but the seeds had been set-the next year the top age bracket didn't win a game
-so my baskeball past groomed by rollie massimino and team pressure defence and reinforced for years by the stability of boston pride was seriouly threatened by trade deadline and the industry of  press rumors and my own negitive experience with baskeball as a job for players-but it has got to point of recruiting and one in done is robbing the sport and the young  who play it
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 11:05:50 AM by rollie mass »