Author Topic: least favorite Celtic of all time  (Read 33802 times)

Re: least favorite Celtic of all time
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2009, 05:43:13 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Anybody mention Joe Forte yet?  Shame, too, since that was basically the last of Red's picks.

Still probably Blount, though, if for no other reason than he showed us he COULD play.  Nothing frustrates the fan more than watching someone who just doesn't care.  Every one of us would KILL (some literally) to have the opportunities he's had. 

« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2009, 05:45:45 PM »

Offline AustrianCeltic

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
Toss up between KG and Larry Bird. I can't stand slackers.

Do I smell some irony there??? I may be new to this forum, but otherwise it would be a case of blasphemy, right?  8)

« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2009, 05:57:38 PM »

Offline AustrianCeltic

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
Still probably Blount, though, if for no other reason than he showed us he COULD play.  Nothing frustrates the fan more than watching someone who just doesn't care.  Every one of us would KILL (some literally) to have the opportunities he's had.

You are right. I remember that I used to like him too, when he was an end of the bench player on a minimum contract that seemed to play hard and provide some kind of inside presence. Not to mention the run he had in early 04, with even a 20-20 game mixed in. Well...and then came the big contract, lazy play and the big frustration among Celtic followers...

« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2009, 06:02:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
blount and dwest

« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2009, 06:32:03 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
Brett Szabo

« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2009, 06:33:00 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
toine,blount,scal

« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2009, 06:47:16 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
thats easy for me

Ron Mercer

knucklehead, all the athleticism and length and stroke you could want but too lazy and stupid to ever use his athleticism to get to his spots and stroke it -  the off balance J's killed me.  I couldn't even stand him on other teams, he would literally make me cringe.

Tony Allen couldnt hold Ron Mercers jock...seems like if he is your least favorite celtic ever TA would have to be right up there on your list?
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2009, 06:55:29 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Chris Mihm.  Man did I hate him. 

I remember one game in the finals last year Phil Jackson randomly put Mihm in the game, and I was like, "Oh, great, watch him come in and kill us!".......but he came in and threw up a giant airball from about 7 feet and Phil took him right back out.  Crisis averted.

I obviously hate Mark Blount more, but hes been mentioned 80 times, and Im sure just about everyone on this forum had muttered the words "I hope you choke on that gum." at least once during the Blount years.
Greg

« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2009, 07:09:38 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Acie Earl.   My eyes hurt trying to watch him run up and down the floor.

Greg Minor.  Only because it seemed like his salary was on the books long after he played.  

Michael Smith.  One of Red's final GM draft picks and Mr Smith didn't obviously didn't live up to Red's faith in him.  

Really can't hate anyone from the 80s when I started watching.

I have to say Kenny Anderson really frustrated me because I thought he could be so much more.  I loved watching him play in college.  He was unbelievable then.  One of my favorite college player ever to watch.   Not so much in the pro's.

« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2009, 07:36:43 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Tony Delk. Couldn't stand that guy. Something about him that just ticks me off.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2009, 08:31:18 PM »

Offline celticswillwin43

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 80
Chris Mihm.  Man did I hate him. 

I remember one game in the finals last year Phil Jackson randomly put Mihm in the game, and I was like, "Oh, great, watch him come in and kill us!".......but he came in and threw up a giant airball from about 7 feet and Phil took him right back out.  Crisis averted.

I obviously hate Mark Blount more, but hes been mentioned 80 times, and Im sure just about everyone on this forum had muttered the words "I hope you choke on that gum." at least once during the Blount years.

I hated Mihm to...As much as I tried to like him, because he was a young center. I just couldn't he was to horrible. The way he palmed the ball when she shot was horrid.

« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2009, 08:32:24 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
too depressing a thread to read all the posts... so forgive me if i repeat someone else's most hated/least favorite celtic.

marvin bad news barnes. how can any celtic ever top him for disgraceful, criminal, stupid, embarrassing behavior.

hey, if you are snorting coke while sitting on the bench during a game, i think you have problems.

''I remember this one game, I was sitting at the end of the bench," he recalled. ''I had a towel over my head and I was snorting coke and my nose was bleeding. Don Chaney and Nate Archibald moved all the way up to the front and I had four or five seats between me and the next player. I was snorting coke and it was tearing my membranes up. Snorting it and blowing my nose. It was like my brains were coming out in the towel and I couldn't stop snorting it anyway. It was terrible, man. I was addicted."

sad, sad, sad. is there any more terrible moment or person in celtic history?

read it and weep guys and gals...

http://www.boston.com/sports/articles/2006/01/06/good_news_bad_news/
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2009, 08:36:27 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
this is going to sound a bit irreverent, but i'll say it anyway and then briefly explain: Paul Pierce.

Now before you start throwing your cyber-rocks at me...

I now have a renewed respect for Paul Pierce, and I truly love him as a player.  But for many years I honestly didn't like the guy and was hopeful danny would trade him.  he seemed to be immature and i never could tell if he truly embraced the idea of being a celtic icon and what all that entailed.  i always thought he was a bit overrated as a "star" player - meaning: he seemed like a better "pippen than a jordan" - was better suited as a second fiddle type player and not the main guy...i just didn't think he had the mental makeup for it.

but he's grown on me and i'm thankful that ownership stood beside him...

i'll say this: if the plan was to simply surround pierce with young players i don't think i would have ever come around to him...but now that guys like garnett and allen play next to him i think paul can now relax and play...he is a more complete player now and my dislike for his game has changed a lot.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2009, 09:02:23 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
this is going to sound a bit irreverent, but i'll say it anyway and then briefly explain: Paul Pierce.

Now before you start throwing your cyber-rocks at me...

I now have a renewed respect for Paul Pierce, and I truly love him as a player.  But for many years I honestly didn't like the guy and was hopeful danny would trade him.  he seemed to be immature and i never could tell if he truly embraced the idea of being a celtic icon and what all that entailed.  i always thought he was a bit overrated as a "star" player - meaning: he seemed like a better "pippen than a jordan" - was better suited as a second fiddle type player and not the main guy...i just didn't think he had the mental makeup for it.

but he's grown on me and i'm thankful that ownership stood beside him...

i'll say this: if the plan was to simply surround pierce with young players i don't think i would have ever come around to him...but now that guys like garnett and allen play next to him i think paul can now relax and play...he is a more complete player now and my dislike for his game has changed a lot.

I like the points and understand where you're coming from, but did you really hate him more then, say, Mark Blount?
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2009, 10:35:04 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Does anyone remember Chris Herren?

I feel bad for Chris Herren.
I really can't remember rooting for a Celtic more than I rooted for Chris Herren.