Jackson , Ball or Tatum at 3? (poll)

Jackson
34 (28.8%)
Ball
17 (14.4%)
Tatum
67 (56.8%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: Jackson, Ball or Tatum at 3? (poll)  (Read 21945 times)

Re: Jackson, Ball or Tatum at 3? (poll)
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2017, 09:56:28 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Jackson is electric. The thought of him running with IT and Brown is exciting.

I won't be disappointed with Tatum. He has a good handle, and his upside could be Paul Pierce. I think he'll be good, not great.

I think LA takes Ball. If they don't, I'm trading #3 w/ Phoenix for #4 so they can take Lonzo.

I want Jackson. If Danny wants Tatum, I think he can get him with Sacramento's pick at 5. I think there's a drop off after Tatum.

« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2017, 10:13:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
right now, it'll be any of Jackson, Tatum or Isaac.  no way it'll be Ball.

You never know...
Imagine if the Lakers bypass him?

He will play with a chip on his shoulders movings forward.. especially against the Lakers

Same with Jackson imo...

Celtics also will be making the lakers sweat until the next lotto unveiling night lol

Danny is an evil genius  ;D

« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2017, 10:27:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Lonzo Ball desperately wants to be drafted by his hometown team, and the Lakers are nearing a final decision to select him with the No. 2 overall pick -via Bleacher Report

Some final planning and discussion remains to be done before the draft Thursday, per team sources, but Ball logged quality time with Lakers president Magic Johnson and general manager Rob Pelinka in a second predraft meeting Friday. – via Bleacher Report

An appreciation for Ball’s all-around upside has emerged that transcends the local fanfare over him and the constant publicity his father generates. And while athletic Kansas forward Josh Jackson remains a possibility at No. 2, his shooting ability is a concern. – via Bleacher Report

Not a concern for the Celtics  ;D

« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2017, 10:35:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Jalen Rose thinks Celtics take Jackson at 3 - 1 hour ago

https://youtu.be/8zKEm-6ynr8

« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2017, 10:37:46 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

anyone ready for a 6'7 Marcus smart ?

"Jackson for 3!"   *clank*

Lol

« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2017, 11:36:00 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Kind of shocked Tatum has gotten nearly twice the votes.

Jackson is going to be twice the player.

Care to elaborate? Curious about the basis for your projection.

I watched a lot of Duke and Kansas games. Jackson had about the same scoring average in far fewer minutes. But that's the least of it. I watched these teams specifically to study Tatum and Jackson, figuring we may very well be drafting one of them. Jackson is the most intelligent college freshman hoop player I have ever seen. He is engaged every single moment he is on the floor, making the right play: whipping cross court pass, cutting to the hoop, boxing out on the boards, deflecting passes, staying in front of his man, quick guard or forward, makes no difference.

If Tatum doesn't have the ball, he seems to be a non factor, stands around. He just is not engaged on the court at the same level. Most aren't.

I have read several bloggers suggest Jackson is a bigger Marcus Smart. I like Smart, but that doesn't come close to doing justice to Jackson's offensive game and his athleticism, both of which are in a higher stratosphere.

Only knocks: bad foul shooting, funky shooting form, lacking super long wing span, age and off court stuff. None of those concern me because I feel his BBIQ and elite athletic quickness far outweigh them.

Believe there is a good sized gap between these two players, and hope Ainge selects the superior one in Jackson.

« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2017, 11:41:16 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Mark me as a Tatum guy.

I wouldn't mind Ball, but even if he pans out him leaving for LA in the future is a scary possibility.

I don't want Jackson I don't believe he will develop his jumper.

« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2017, 06:41:15 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Mark me as a Tatum guy..

Clip of Tatum making 20 3s in a row - 3 weeks ago

https://youtu.be/r9lXn0_JIDs

« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2017, 06:56:32 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Mark me as a Tatum guy..

He's going to shoot 20 3's in row from the same exact spot in a game and do it without jumping?  That looks more like long free throw practice.

« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2017, 02:48:32 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

anyone ready for a 6'7 Marcus smart ?

"Jackson for 3!"   *clank*

Lol
LOL at the marcus smart comparison.

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2017, 03:47:44 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Mark me as a Tatum guy..

TP. Someone else mentioned that clip, thanks for posting it.

Everyone talks about Tatum as being one of the best kids in the draft. Great work ethic. And from what I've heard he struggled early in the season with an ankle injury but after that was behind him, Tatum shot something like 38-39% from 3 over the last dozen games of the year. Combine that with his FT shooting and the footwork everyone raves about, he really sounds like the kind of complete offensive player the Celtics don't have and need.

Plus, in Stevens' system, he'll learn how to play off the ball. Just look at Jaylen's year.

EDIT: Plus, I can't wait to get Jaylen, Jayson, and Jae on the floor at the same time for all the "raining J's" puns.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2017, 03:51:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Mark me as a Tatum guy..

TP. Someone else mentioned that clip, thanks for posting it.

Everyone talks about Tatum as being one of the best kids in the draft. Great work ethic. And from what I've heard he struggled early in the season with an ankle injury but after that was behind him, Tatum shot something like 38-39% from 3 over the last dozen games of the year. Combine that with his FT shooting and the footwork everyone raves about, he really sounds like the kind of complete offensive player the Celtics don't have and need.

Plus, in Stevens' system, he'll learn how to play off the ball. Just look at Jaylen's year.

EDIT: Plus, I can't wait to get Jaylen, Jayson, and Jae on the floor at the same time for all the "raining J's" puns.

I hope so. Celtics run many off ball plays, backdoor plays.... You rarely saw Tatum score these types of buckets last season... Perhaps it was by design

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2017, 03:53:35 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Tatum being coached by Stevens and mentored by Hayward could make him special

Idk about jackson

« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2017, 03:54:47 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Kind of shocked Tatum has gotten nearly twice the votes.

Jackson is going to be twice the player.

Care to elaborate? Curious about the basis for your projection.

I watched a lot of Duke and Kansas games. Jackson had about the same scoring average in far fewer minutes. But that's the least of it. I watched these teams specifically to study Tatum and Jackson, figuring we may very well be drafting one of them. Jackson is the most intelligent college freshman hoop player I have ever seen. He is engaged every single moment he is on the floor, making the right play: whipping cross court pass, cutting to the hoop, boxing out on the boards, deflecting passes, staying in front of his man, quick guard or forward, makes no difference.

If Tatum doesn't have the ball, he seems to be a non factor, stands around. He just is not engaged on the court at the same level. Most aren't.

I have read several bloggers suggest Jackson is a bigger Marcus Smart. I like Smart, but that doesn't come close to doing justice to Jackson's offensive game and his athleticism, both of which are in a higher stratosphere.

Only knocks: bad foul shooting, funky shooting form, lacking super long wing span, age and off court stuff. None of those concern me because I feel his BBIQ and elite athletic quickness far outweigh them.

Believe there is a good sized gap between these two players, and hope Ainge selects the superior one in Jackson.
Jackson certainly has a really high iq, but let's remember that Jackson did get to play with the npoy running point. Plus he's a year older than Tatum.

Tatum had the ankle injury then his coach got hurt then the Allen debacle and duke never really had a floor general. Allen Tatum and Kennard all needed the ball a lot and none are really built to run an offense.

Once Coach K came back and they settled into clearer roles Tatum played really really well.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2017, 03:57:33 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Tatum being coached by Stevens and mentored by Hayward could make him special

Idk about jackson
I mean they both have elite work ethic and complete level.

Difference is that Jackson has character questions while Tatum doesn't.

I think having a great pair of influences could help Jackson a ton. Tatum is gonna be OK wherever he goes. If Jackson goes to Sacramento or Phoenix maybe the character questions become bigger issues.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.