Author Topic: Zhou Qi Enters Draft  (Read 3618 times)

Zhou Qi Enters Draft
« on: April 18, 2016, 03:52:04 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Tall, long, but light, he is entering draft.  Any idea where he is slotted?  First round? Use one of our second round picks on him for development?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/first-chinese-player-nine-years-enters-nba-draft-084756480.html

Re: Zhou Qi Enters Draft
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 04:04:02 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Draft the guy for financial purposes $$$

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 04:07:50 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
Does he expect to come over next season or can he stay overseas for a year or two? Its a big factor I would imagine, we obviously don't have the roster space to keep all of the players we draft this summer IF we use all the draft picks ourselves.

In a way, that is a downside of Bender stating that he would come over right away. Not only did his projected draft position rise, we can't store him overseas for a while either.

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 04:11:50 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Zhou Qi Knee??

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 04:12:45 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I like this kid.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 04:48:12 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 04:50:00 PM »

Offline budMovin

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
                 -Gladiator

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 04:56:26 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Zhou Qi Knee??
?

http://rampages.us/huffmanam/wp-content/uploads/sites/2610/2014/10/zucchini-boats.jpg

That is my guess.
while i am not a native speaker of mandarin, i believe this would be closer to the proper pronunciation: joe chi

edit: one more thing, in case some posters are unsure, zhou is his family name.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 05:24:59 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Zhou Qi Knee??
?

http://rampages.us/huffmanam/wp-content/uploads/sites/2610/2014/10/zucchini-boats.jpg

That is my guess.
while i am not a native speaker of mandarin, i believe this would be closer to the proper pronunciation: joe chi

edit: one more thing, in case some posters are unsure, zhou is his family name.

I was wondering why I saw some posters referring to him simply as Zhuo on another site the other day. That makes perfect sense, thanks for the heads up.

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 06:14:31 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Pass, I do not even think Yao belongs in the hall of fame with his mediocre stats and short career now peeps are pawning this guy.

Heck, Jack Sigma won a ring, had 17K career points and 10K career rebounds and has better stats thanYao should have been in there before Ming.

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 07:03:01 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
The Chinese Kevin Garnett?

DraftExpress has him going #27 in the 1st round.

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2016, 07:11:48 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
Pass, I do not even think Yao belongs in the hall of fame with his mediocre stats and short career now peeps are pawning this guy.

Heck, Jack Sigma won a ring, had 17K career points and 10K career rebounds and has better stats thanYao should have been in there before Ming.

What does any of this have to do with Yao Ming? Nobody talked about drafting Ming, he's retired. Might as well talk about Matute Bol or Roni Siekaly? Just because Zhou Qi is Chinese doesnt mean they are all the same. Is Kwame Brown the same as Anthony Davis? Is Porzingis the same as Milicic?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:16:53 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2016, 07:12:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Why can't Qi get the Bender treatment? 

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2016, 07:21:44 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

I'm guessing you also think Jeremy Lin is bad because Yi Jianlian was a bust.

Steve Nash should not have won those two MVPs. He was undeserving. Thus, I can officially conclude that Andrew Wiggins will never be an all-star.

(Am I doing it right?)

Seriously, what is so outlandish about drafting a 7'2" 20-year-old man that is averaging 16pts/10rb/3blk per game in a professional basketball league? The OP actually suggested using a 2nd rounder, not even a first.

Also, the HoF is about contributions to basketball, not just NBA stats. Yao Ming opened up a potentially multi-billion dollar market for the NBA and helped spread the love of the sport to millions of people.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:30:18 PM by GetLucky »

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2016, 07:34:51 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Interesting to note that he was projecting better a year ago (as high as 11).

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Zhou-Qi-61857/mock-draft-history/

Anyone know what changed? Or maybe it's what hasn't changed, namely him filling out a little.

If you watch the "weakness" video on DX it's apparent he is just very skinny and weak. His shoulders look narrow too.