Author Topic: Celtics (34-13) at Lakers (17-29) Game #48 1/23/18  (Read 30910 times)

Re: Celtics (34-13) at Lakers (17-29) Game #48 1/23/18
« Reply #465 on: January 24, 2018, 08:20:01 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Kuzma is better than Tatum. It's clear that he is ready for the spotlight and Tatum has disappeared. I guess the Kuzma hype is real.
I’ve been trying not to believe this.

« Reply #466 on: January 24, 2018, 08:36:40 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Kuzma is better than Tatum. It's clear that he is ready for the spotlight and Tatum has disappeared. I guess the Kuzma hype is real.
I’ve been trying not to believe this.

I believe that Kuzma is probably currently better than Tatum, but he is also 3 years older. His confidence and ability to put the ball in the basket in so many different ways really is impressive. I would imagine Tatum will clearly be better than Kuzma in three years when he is 22.

Awful loss last night - total waste of staying up so late. The Cs lose, Lakers win, and BKN loses by 1 - you really couldn't ask for a worse night (from a Cs fan perspective - at least CLE lost).

Our defense is now awful, too - we only give up 15 pts in the 1st quarter, but go on to give up over 30 in each of the next three. And I don't know who I trust after Kyrie to even make an open jumper at this point.

« Reply #467 on: January 24, 2018, 08:48:34 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
TP to everyone who stayed up for this.

Hope the Celtics can figure things out soon...

« Reply #468 on: January 24, 2018, 08:56:07 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

It’s a bit disingenuous to make this post without also mentioning the fact that Kuzma is three years older than Tatum. That’s a pretty relevant factor in their current play. I have no doubt that Tatum is the much better player long-term.

« Reply #469 on: January 24, 2018, 09:03:40 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

It’s a bit disingenuous to make this post without also mentioning the fact that Kuzma is three years older than Tatum. That’s a pretty relevant factor in their current play. I have no doubt that Tatum is the much better player long-term.

I really cannot support the age thing. If you declare for the NBA draft whether you are 19 or 28 you have determined you are ready to play with the big boys. Therefore, in my eyes you are judged one on one whether you are younger or older and whether you are drafted 3 or 27. I hope Jayson does eventually overtake Kuzma but I feel age is irrelevant. Just like the free pass Young was given for years because he was "so young". If you declare for the NBA then put up or shut up.

« Reply #470 on: January 24, 2018, 09:34:08 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
crap we lost

« Reply #471 on: January 24, 2018, 09:41:47 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

Kuzma is also on a team where he is an integral part of the offense and has a defined role.  I don't know who is doing what on our team as far as roles.  And let's be honest kuzma was on and Tatum was off tonite.  One game

« Reply #472 on: January 24, 2018, 09:48:13 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I really cannot support the age thing. If you declare for the NBA draft whether you are 19 or 28 you have determined you are ready to play with the big boys. Therefore, in my eyes you are judged one on one whether you are younger or older and whether you are drafted 3 or 27. I hope Jayson does eventually overtake Kuzma but I feel age is irrelevant. Just like the free pass Young was given for years because he was "so young". If you declare for the NBA then put up or shut up.
That perspective ignores reality.  It's not just a matter of judging you are ready (which is difficult for a young guy to do objectively).  Players also declare to start collecting an NBA salary sooner.  I'm not saying Tatum did this and Kuzma did not, but just that it's a false argument to "put up or shut up".  Age does matter.

« Reply #473 on: January 24, 2018, 09:53:57 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

Stats say Tatum is the better player. Clearly a better shooter and defender and has a slightly higher PER despite a fairly lower usage rate. KK gets more assists, but there's not much else in his favor. KK has also been a below average FT shooter in college and the NBA while Tatum is >80%.  Kuzma did have the better game though and the Lakers should be thrilled in any case.

http://bkref.com/tiny/El72n

« Reply #474 on: January 24, 2018, 10:01:05 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Stats say Tatum is the better player. Clearly a better shooter and defender and has a slightly higher PER despite a fairly lower usage rate. KK gets more assists, but there's not much else in his favor. KK has also been a below average FT shooter in college and the NBA while Tatum is >80%.  Kuzma did have the better game though and the Lakers should be thrilled in any case.

TP for the comparison. I am going by the eye test and looking at strength and confidence and it seems that over the past couple weeks or since he became a father that Tatum has fallen off the cliff. I hope he rebounds soon.

« Reply #475 on: January 24, 2018, 10:28:54 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

TP for the comparison. I am going by the eye test and looking at strength and confidence and it seems that over the past couple weeks or since he became a father that Tatum has fallen off the cliff. I hope he rebounds soon.

Bookmark the link below if you want to compare players.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi