Author Topic: A Back to Back witth No Marcus  (Read 1486 times)

A Back to Back witth No Marcus
« on: December 13, 2019, 09:36:24 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Two tough games one on Pacers homecourt and then back home to face Philly both without Marcus Smart and  no Hayward in 4th quarter in Indiana.
This is embarrassing but Hayward was unappreciated and overlooked by me playing for Utah in Western  Conference. Last season was hard to watch,
I am now converted, Hayward might be the most important piece we have--a complete player .
I watched him go from smooth and patient to acceleration quicker than in a blink.
He is the veteran all star that makes everyone better and compliments Kemba and the kids.

Re: A Back to Back witth No Marcus
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 09:40:53 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
Most importantly he's unselfish and more than willing to help other players score rather than trying to "get his". So he does a lot of things that make his teammates better, hockey assists, etc. that don't necessarily show up on the box score. He tends to make the right decision more often than not. But because he's on a max contract that philosophy doesn't sit too well with some so-called "long term Hayward fans" here.  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 09:48:43 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I credit Stevens for seeing Hayward's multiple skills and utilizing his ball distribution capabilities.  Not sure, but I bet Hayward himself had to get used to a different role, and now sees that he will "get his" if the ball moves.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 11:02:39 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I credit Stevens for seeing Hayward's multiple skills and utilizing his ball distribution capabilities.  Not sure, but I bet Hayward himself had to get used to a different role, and now sees that he will "get his" if the ball moves.

I really like the Hayward we saw last night in the 2nd half and was a very encouraging sign in an otherwise tough loss.

What I don't like is indecisive Hayward who hesitates and is crossed between passing or shooting the ball and Hayward who lacks assertiveness.

In the 2nd half, he was playing with confidence and like he was in control. More of that, please!! If anyone's feelings are hurt, too bad!

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 01:49:43 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361

I really like the Hayward we saw last night in the 2nd half and was a very encouraging sign in an otherwise tough loss.

What I don't like is indecisive Hayward who hesitates and is crossed between passing or shooting the ball and Hayward who lacks assertiveness.

In the 2nd half, he was playing with confidence and like he was in control. More of that, please!! If anyone's feelings are hurt, too bad!

I think he started doing that because it became obvious that the Jays who normally are the centerpiece of the offense were playing poorly so he had to take on more of the scoring load. It may be he's still a bit wary of stepping on their toes especially with all the media about them taking on even bigger roles in his absence.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 02:46:48 PM »

Offline Greengang5

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 21

I think he started doing that because it became obvious that the Jays who normally are the centerpiece of the offense were playing poorly so he had to take on more of the scoring load. It may be he's still a bit wary of stepping on their toes especially with all the media about them taking on even bigger roles in his absence.
The coach controls the set plays on offense for the most part.  You can clearly see that early in the game the offense was flowing through others on purpose. Hayward was in the corner for spacing mostly.  In the third, Brad called Hayward's number and he delivered like he has done all year.  I don't recall too many transition baskets last night which is where the Jay's and Hayward should be getting a few buckets a night.