Author Topic: Does Brad Wannamaker not pass to Carsen Edwards?  (Read 3312 times)

Re: Does Brad Wannamaker not pass to Carsen Edwards?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2019, 02:58:25 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
For the most part Wanamaker seems solid and plays well. However, I dontlike that there are plays when our best players dont touch the ball and the play ends up with him going straight to the rim

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2019, 03:46:11 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Wannamaker has been a reliable shooter, so I don’t want to see him not take his fair share of shots. However, if there is an open man, I also don’t want to see him force a shot either. Right now he is too predictable with the ball in his hands, and defenses will pick up on that tendency.

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2019, 03:52:36 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Wannamaker has been a reliable shooter, so I don’t want to see him not take his fair share of shots. However, if there is an open man, I also don’t want to see him force a shot either. Right now he is too predictable with the ball in his hands, and defenses will pick up on that tendency.

Wanamaker needs to keep it simple. Just make the easy pass and take the open shot.

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2019, 03:59:36 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I think Wannamaker had this problem initially. I think now the problem is more general, and is two fold:

1. Team needs to figure out ways to get Carson open to take 3 point shots.
2. Carson needs to stop worrying about missing, and take them.

He is a volume streak shooter.

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2019, 05:03:09 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think he does but is a veteran protecting his job.    If you watch you can see he ignores Carsen from time to time.      Some of this is on Carsen too as his shooting is not as good as it could be and I know I've been guilty of not passing to a guy who was cold in my past as have most players.

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2019, 05:17:54 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Nah, he doesn't pass to a lot of guys at times. There have been times where he has gone on the break to the bucket against 2-3 guys with Tatum spacing to a wide open three, of course Wana missed the shot with no foul...

There are more instances I can point to but Wana has been solid overall and really good on the break with finishing, so I don't "Wana" bag on him much, even though it can be frustrating at times.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2019, 08:28:32 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
He needs to keep improving, we need a bench.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2019, 09:14:08 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
When was Wannamaker anything other than what we are seeing? This is his entire career...look for his own, limited creator for teammates who is turnover prone.

Waters is much more my style of a backup PG and I'm sure he'll transition into that role next season.
ok fine