Author Topic: Trade Deadline Winners & Losers  (Read 6579 times)

Re: Trade Deadline Winners & Losers
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 04:01:07 PM »

Offline Levis107

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 9
Everyone is so down on Nate Robinson.  I hope he ends up being the spark plug and offense we need off the bench and every one of you jumps on the bandwagon.  You act like we traded Ray to get Nate.  Nate for Eddie House was an upgrade.

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 04:06:36 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Everyone is so down on Nate Robinson.  I hope he ends up being the spark plug and offense we need off the bench and every one of you jumps on the bandwagon.  You act like we traded Ray to get Nate.  Nate for Eddie House was an upgrade.

It's like trading three 55 rating guys in NBA Live for a 58 rating guy.  Sure you made a slight upgrade but who cares.

Nate's a headcase.  He's my second least favorite player on the Celtics behind Obese.   Can't wait until those two losers are long gone.

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 04:07:39 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Houston did the best by far. A spectacular haul.

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 04:08:44 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Ditto.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2010, 04:11:01 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
This is easy.  You guys know who I think is the biggst winner out of all of this, especially if Z comes back.

As for the Biggest Loser, that's easy also.  It's the Heat.  They didn't improve their team.  They opened the door to Wade leaving.

I know everyone loves to talk about Lebron going to the Knicks, but at least he has a team around him to possibly win a championship.  What kind of team does DWade have around him?  Why wouldn't he go to NY?  

What if the Cavs lose though? Does LeBron decide that Cleveland isn't capable of putting together a winning team around him? Does he decide that Shaq and Z are too old and he's never going to get a good enough big to take him to the promised land?

Shaq, and Z's contract's are done after this year actually.  Lebron's core next year will be Mo (27 years old), Delonte (27 yrs old), JJ Hickson (21 yrs old), Varejao (28 yrs old), leon powe (26 yrs old), jamario moon and antawn are in their 30's, but this is a relatively young team with osme good prospects overseas waiting to come play in the US as well.

The Cavs are not devoid of talent, despite what people want to think.  They are also relatively young.

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 04:12:11 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129

I actually agree here.  The Cavs positioned themselves well for this year, Houston just improved themselves for the next 5 - 7 years with their trades.

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2010, 04:13:07 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Houston will be unhappy with Martin; I don't see them as big winners at all. Also, I don't think Jamison was that great an addition for the Cavs. Ok, but they'll miss Ilgauskas unless he is waived.

The big winner was Dallas, because Brendan Haywood is one of the most underrated players in the NBA.

Biggest loser: the Celtics, who needed to do something but did not.

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2010, 04:15:17 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1676
Houston will be unhappy, and I don't think Jamison was that great an addition for the Cavs.

The big winner was Dallas, because Brendan Haywood is one of the most underrated players in the NBA.

If you want to go by 'needed to do something but did not', I'd venture that the Spurs are bigger losers than us.  But if you're just looking for a reason to be negative about the Celtics, don't let me bother you.

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2010, 04:16:37 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
Winners

Houston - they traded their sixth man and a player they banished from the team for a top ten scorer in the league, a top 10 picked player in last year's draft and two possibly very high first round picks if New York can't sign Lebron and someone else

Dallas - they trade a head case for a tough defensive center and an All-Star caliber wing

Cleveland - the league's best team trade a first rounder and an old, old immobile 7PPG/5RPG big man with an expiring contract for an All-Star 20PPG/9RPG power forward that can spread the floor

Charlotte - trade two back up PGs and a pick for a former top 2 pick in the draft that has unreal untapped potential and also pick up a good back up defensive center

Chicago - they trade away $20 million worth of cap holds for next year and open up tons of possibilities for free agents next year to add to the best core of any team with space for a max level free agent

Losers

None yet

Tied

Everyone else

Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2010, 04:17:53 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
"Robinson+Landry to Celtics, House+Giddens+Walker to Knicks" Did we get Landry?

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2010, 04:18:45 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Not the Landry you're hoping for.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2010, 04:18:54 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC

marcus landry...the undrafted stiff out of wisconsin...his brother and far less talented landry

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2010, 04:19:32 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Houston will be unhappy, and I don't think Jamison was that great an addition for the Cavs.

If you want to go by 'needed to do something but did not', I'd venture that the Spurs are bigger losers than us.  But if you're just looking for a reason to be negative about the Celtics, don't let me bother you.

The Spurs had no assets whatsoever.  Ginobili's expiring deal was too small to bring in an impact player, certainly not one who is an upgrade over Ginobili, who is 3 years younger than Ray Allen.

The Celtics had much better assets and made no significant use of them whatsoever.

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2010, 04:22:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178

marcus landry...the undrafted stiff out of wisconsin...his brother and far less talented landry

Oh, I was just about to be physiced!

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2010, 04:25:33 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
The Rockets are HUGE winners. Sad that Daryl Morey is no longer with the organization.

The Bulls and Bobcats also did very well, IMO. Cleveland also got Jamison for -- essentially -- nothing.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)