Author Topic: Iguodala rumors non existent.  (Read 5060 times)

Iguodala rumors non existent.
« on: February 18, 2010, 07:27:01 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Ussually when you hear nothing there is somthing going down! Is tere any chance Boston aquires Iggy and DBear? Maybe that's the deal Danny was working on yesterday when he was suppose to enlight us on WEEI.
I think you should TP me for being a optimis and not wanting to settle for Krypto-Nate!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

Re: Iguodala rumors non existent.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 08:04:13 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
There's always hope, I guess. I'll keep my fingers crossed until 3:01 PM.

The fact that he's been talked about, but not recently might be a good thing. Usually things talked about in the media don't work out.

Also look out for Luol Deng, Chicago apparently wants to be a player in free agency, they'd be able to trade off Hinrich and Deng for Ray, I'm sure. That'd them with like 4 players under contract for next year (I believe Salmons has been moved) and their core guys on rookie deals (Rose, Noah, Gibson, ect.)

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 08:09:16 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think the 76ers have pulled Iggy off the market at this point.

He's the player I'd be most excited to get of the rumored targets that Danny has looked into.

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 08:49:25 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
I agree with all of the above.
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 09:35:14 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Apparently Stephanski's asking the moon for players who are overpaid and hard to move, Iggy included. It sounds like he has no plan at all.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 09:40:37 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Dear Wyc Grousbeck & Danny Ainge,

I will buy 5 Andre Igoudala jerseys and sign up for Club Green - Premium, despite still not understanding what that is, if you bring AI2 to Boston

Sincerely,

S.O.

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 10:05:46 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Iguodala was really the only rumor I was excited about. He's big enough to put beside Rondo and he's so crazily athletic they'd be an entertaining backcourt to watch for years. Pity.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 10:08:36 AM »

Offline PBX

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
With the uncertainty about Garnett, I don't think the Celtics have the willingness to eat that kind of money.

Even if it was Ray+Perkins for Dalembert+Iguodala+Kapono, a deal I could see the 76ers liking enough, the Celtics would have a $87 millions payroll for 7 players in the books for the next season (Pierce+Garnet+Dalembert+Iguodala+Rondo+Sheed+Kapono). Even filling the rest of the roster on the cheap (say $6 millions for 7 more players), the total amount of salaries paid would surpass $120 millions. Lots of money with no guarantees that the team would contend for the title. Maybe if Garnett was playing at a very high level...

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 10:16:40 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
My parade has been rained on.

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 10:21:26 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
With the uncertainty about Garnett, I don't think the Celtics have the willingness to eat that kind of money.

Even if it was Ray+Perkins for Dalembert+Iguodala+Kapono, a deal I could see the 76ers liking enough, the Celtics would have a $87 millions payroll for 7 players in the books for the next season (Pierce+Garnet+Dalembert+Iguodala+Rondo+Sheed+Kapono). Even filling the rest of the roster on the cheap (say $6 millions for 7 more players), the total amount of salaries paid would surpass $120 millions. Lots of money with no guarantees that the team would contend for the title. Maybe if Garnett was playing at a very high level...

Spot on.  KG's health uncertain = not taking on lots of money for the future.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 10:24:32 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
My dream trade (don't know if it technicall works but I've seen it posted around here)...

Ray for Andre Igoudala and Jason Kapono (would rather have had it as Lou Williams before the Robinson deal, but now that we're getting Robinson and losing Eddie, I feel that Kapono would be a great replacement for Eddie)...

And then the Sixers buy out Ray and we sign him to the Vet minimum and he comes back in 30 days.

Would love for it to happen but I highly doubt it will...

But we all can dream!!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 11:09:11 AM »

Online jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
My parade has been rained on.

That is why I never got my hopes up.

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 12:02:32 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

Spot on.  KG's health uncertain = not taking on lots of money for the future.

And if KG was playing at a very high level we wouldnt even be worried about the trade deadline.

Actually Nate Robinson for E House would have been a great pickup if we were playing well. A one last piece kind of deal.

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 12:09:45 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
chadfordinsider    Funny RT @depressedfan woo hoo RT @chadfordinsider: Bucks in serious talks with Sixers. Meeks, Elson and a 2nd to Philly for Brezec and Ivey

Sixers are making moves... Maybe an Iggy trade in the works (hopefully)?
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 12:19:16 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
chadfordinsider    Funny RT @depressedfan woo hoo RT @chadfordinsider: Bucks in serious talks with Sixers. Meeks, Elson and a 2nd to Philly for Brezec and Ivey

Sixers are making moves... Maybe an Iggy trade in the works (hopefully)?

Since there are rumors that Memphis is looking to shed Conley, I'd try to offer:

Philadelphia Trade Breakdown
  Ray Allen, Kendrick Perkins, and Mike Conley for Andre Iguodala, Samuel Dalembert, and Jrue Holiday

Boston Trade Breakdown
  Andre Iguodala and Samuel Dalembert for Ray Allen, Kendrick Perkins, and Tony Allen

Memphis Trade Breakdown
  Jrue Holiday and Tony Allen for Mike Conley
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010