Author Topic: Knicks, Rockets, Kings 3-Way Trade Done (Confirmed)  (Read 22832 times)

Re: Breaking News Kevin Martin to Houston
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2010, 07:30:06 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2410
However, Morey's second round drafting has definitely been better so far.
Has Morey had a bad draft pick yet?

Aaron Brooks was a late first rounder.
Carl Landry and early second rounder.
Joey Dorsey and early second rounder.
Jermaine Taylor an early second rounder.
Chase Budinger a mid second rounder.
Sergio Llull an early second rounder.
Also, Donte Greene who I think was a late first rounder but I'm not certain.

Morey used another first round pick to acquire Kyle Lowry from Memphis.

That is a very impressive draft record over his first three seasons. Jermaine Taylor is the only somewhat questionable pick and it's far too early to write him off.

Re: Kevin Martin to the Rockets (confirmation)
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2010, 07:34:33 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
there's a rumor on the front page saying a player from the kings could come to boston as part of the mc grady deal. any ideas who that player could be, and who we give up as a result?

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2010, 07:35:53 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
the ****ty part is that Kings said they won't trade Martin for expirings and now they gave him for T-Mac, tell me who in the wirld will prefer T-Mac instead of Ray Allen, WHO

Carl Landry is better than any player we could give Sacramento.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2010, 07:53:43 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
the ****ty part is that Kings said they won't trade Martin for expirings and now they gave him for T-Mac, tell me who in the wirld will prefer T-Mac instead of Ray Allen, WHO

Carl Landry is better than any player we could give Sacramento.
Yeah, we just don't have any assets to pair with Ray's contract that interest other teams.

One of the reasons we heard so many different Rondo + Ray rumors this summer is that Rondo was our only young piece that other GMs wanted.

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2010, 08:13:04 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
well, if the New York Knicks can somehow acquire both Eddie House and Tracy McGrady it may solve some of the shooting problems that their fans have been complaining about...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2009/11/06/2009-11-06_new_york_knicks_have_shot_to_court_lebron_james_when_he_visits_madison_square_ga.html
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 08:22:27 AM by Witch-King »
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2010, 08:23:35 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Well, if you hoped that Danny could pull a Ray for Martin/Nocioni deal before the deadline, here go your hopes. Understandable that the Kings preferred Houston's offer though, Landry is a great player and he has a cheap contract.

Yeah, Morey must really love Kevin Martin to give up Carl Landry to get him.  We certainly couldn't compete with that.

Hopefully the fact that this deal went down without any warning whatsoever can give us some hope that Danny is still doing some working with those phones.

Yeah, but who is left on the market?

Iguodala? I'm not sold on him and his contract is terrible. Plus, Philly wouldn't trade him for expirings and to a division rival.

There is really nobody left that could be an upgrade for now and for the future of the Celtics. Martin was the best fit possible and he is not an option anymore.

chicago is still looking to shed salary, we match up so well. get er done danny, bring us loul!
i know i know, someone's going to say  "not gonna happen" but lets let the folks in charge decide that ok?

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2010, 08:51:37 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Daryl Morey >>>>>>> Danny Ainge.

Really? I think Houston overpaid for Martin. Carl Landry is a beast and McGrady was coveted by a few teams. I think Martin's a good player, but not worth quite that much. I think what the Celtics were offering was probably too fair a deal for Sacramento to accept.
I agree.  Landry for Martin is the main part of the deal in my eyes.  Giving up McGrady's contract too seems like a steep price.  Unless the incoming guys from Sac are all expiring too.  But still, most people consider the expiring contract to be a huge asset.  Giving up a solid low post scorer for Martin doesn't seem right, especially for Houston where Landry was one of their only low post options.

No wonder we couldn't get Martin.

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2010, 08:53:20 AM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Wow.

At least Martin went to a team I really like.

Unfortunately I can't watch the Rockets whenever I want to.  Nope.  Gotta watch the Celtics and Nate Robinson.

Joy of joys.

Hey, Here's an idea,,,,,

MOVE to HOUSTON!!
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2010, 09:13:16 AM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 24
Carl Landry represents the young, cheap starting caliber talent that the Celtics simply do not have - our versions of those got moved in the KG deal. Good on the Kings to not have a fire sale with this. 

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2010, 09:16:31 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
With the rumor that we're getting in on this New York-Sacramento move, I hope Jason Thompson has become expendable with the addition of Landry. Nate + Thompson in one deal = win.

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2010, 09:19:07 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
there's a rumor on the front page saying a player from the kings could come to boston as part of the mc grady deal. any ideas who that player could be, and who we give up as a result?

Good question.

I can't think of anybody I'd really like to get from the Kings if they weren't accompanied by K-Mart.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2010, 09:26:17 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Good question.

I can't think of anybody I'd really like to get from the Kings if they weren't accompanied by K-Mart.
Of the guys they might move I like Beno Udrih, Sergio Rodriguez and Brockman. I also like Nocioni but due to his contract would not want him on our team.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2010, 09:27:46 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439

Good question.

Of the guys they might move I like Beno Udrih, Sergio Rodriguez and Brockman. I also like Nocioni but due to his contract would not want him on our team.

I think it's Ime Udoka. He makes less than 1 million $ in salary and he could get a place in our rotation as a wing who can defend and hit the open three, a la Bruce Bowen.

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2010, 09:28:23 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I think the "there could be a King coming to the Celtics" thing is probably more speculation (about how to fill the BYC gap) rather than an actual rumor.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2010, 09:48:21 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
I don't like this deal for Houston at all.

Carl Landey probably has the best contract in the NBA scores 16 a game off the bench and is paid $3 million a year. Their ony big man are now Hayes and Scola!

To get Kevin Martin a guy that is always injured and needs guys to create shots for him.

There is only one problem, Aaron Brooks is the PG in Houston and hes a s hoot first, look for my own shots PG.

I dont see how this makes Houston any better, Landry is vastly underatted.

He deserved to be most improved player and 6th man of the year this year