Author Topic: Knicks, Rockets, Kings 3-Way Trade Done (Confirmed)  (Read 22836 times)

Re: Knicks, Rockets, Kings 3-Way Trade Done (Confirmed)
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2010, 05:08:25 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I wonder what Danny could have gotten for Jeffries. Obviously, McGrady was a big part of that deal so it would be less than what Houston got.

But would a Jeffries trade have made sense for Boston? Added some youth + prospects through the draft pick(s)?
You actually want Jared jeffries? You do realize the knicks had to give a 1st round draft pick to Houston so they would take him
I am interested in the draft picks. Not Jeffries.

« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2010, 05:14:29 PM »

Offline Meds

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
I wonder what Danny could have gotten for Jeffries. Obviously, McGrady was a big part of that deal so it would be less than what Houston got.

But would a Jeffries trade have made sense for Boston? Added some youth + prospects through the draft pick(s)?
You actually want Jared jeffries? You do realize the knicks had to give a 1st round draft pick to Houston so they would take him
That would make sense. Still 2 years at almost 7 million a year is a lot to take on

« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2010, 05:17:06 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

That would make sense. Still 2 years at almost 7 million a year is a lot to take on
The remainder of this season + next season. It could be worth it depending on what Danny could have gotten, which like I said earlier would have been less than Morey got because McGrady was a major part of that trade.

Give up Scal + House + filler for Nate + Jeffries + incentives to take Jeffries.

That could have been an interesting trade depending on how much quality the Celtics could have gotten with the picks/prospects.

« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2010, 05:29:53 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Amazing haul for the Rockets. They managed to get the draft picks + Jordan Hill + and get Kevin Martin.

It's like they made two separate trades and traded the same asset both times.

How did they get so much? How did Sacramento not get more?
I think they played both the Kings and Knicks off each other to get the haul for both proposed trades.
It truly is incredible. Three cheers for the great Daryl Morey.

I have no understanding of why Sacramento didn't just complete the first trade + then try to flip McGrady to NY.

They could have gotten two more assets.
I bet Houston said they wouldn't complete the deal till 2:59 today. So they wouldn't have time to flip him, it was either both teams paid for the contract or one of them got it.

« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2010, 05:31:27 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Amazing haul for the Rockets. They managed to get the draft picks + Jordan Hill + and get Kevin Martin.

I think they played both the Kings and Knicks off each other to get the haul for both proposed trades.

I have no understanding of why Sacramento didn't just complete the first trade + then try to flip McGrady to NY.

I bet Houston said they wouldn't complete the deal till 2:59 today. So they wouldn't have time to flip him, it was either both teams paid for the contract or one of them got it.
I read that Sacramento were asking for David Lee in exchange for McGrady.

I wonder if they just overplayed their hand ... scared the Knicks back into the Rockets direction.

« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2010, 05:34:56 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I read that Sacramento were asking for David Lee in exchange for McGrady.

I wonder if they just overplayed their hand ... scared the Knicks back into the Rockets direction.
Really? Just weird that Sacramento didn't get one of the Knicks picks....