Author Topic: LA gets hosed  (Read 14823 times)

Re: LA gets hosed
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2011, 11:53:10 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Wait, there's an anti-Lakers conspiracy now?

I have no Lakers sympathy.  The game looked fairly officiated to me.

Yea, seriously...the conspiracy talk got old an eternity ago.

Which is why I said "incompetence". It helps to read a thread before commenting sometimes

Well, in fairness, these were your words:

I guess the heat were not going to be allowed to lose this game.

This is why stern needs to go.

Generally, when people reference Stern and how the refs "were not going to ... allow[]" a team to lose, they're talking about purposeful manipulation, rather than incompetence.  That's why I threw the "conspiracy" word out there.

Anyway, if that's not what you meant, cool.  I think we all agree that the refs are pretty inconsistent.  That said, if that inconsistency hurts the Lakers, it's the moral equivalent of a victimless crime.

TP

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2011, 01:43:47 AM »

Offline garz

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
Aww the poor fakers didn't get their flopping calls like they usually do  :'(

See kobe flail like an idiot and throw the ball out of bounds? Nobody even touched him.

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2011, 01:46:55 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
And LeWade actually worked Bosh into the offense within the post the entire game.

Boshtrich called them out after the last game...and it worked. Boshtrich is happy now.

rofl at Boshtrich
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2011, 01:48:47 AM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
I dont like Heat.
I hate Lakers.
If something (God forbids)goes wrong with C's i could stomach LeCrybaby gets a ring...But i would feel really, really sick if Fakers even us at 17.
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2011, 02:08:32 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2011, 05:18:32 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Vegas called it in.  About 70% of Joes were on the Lakers tonight at -1.

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2011, 05:52:21 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
And we care that the Lakers got "hosed" why?

Well people start threads to try to fix the Heat, so some care about them. :-\

I know this is blasphemy, but I wanted the Lakers to win this game.  We have to worry about the Heat and the Bulls right now and I don't want either of them them to go on a tear to end the regular season and catch us.

Besides,I really dislike Lebron more than Kobe.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2011, 06:14:03 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Either way we won as I see it.   The HEAT stopped the skid and beat the Lakers which is always good to see LA lose.  If the Lakers had won the HEAT would have been under fire more, so I think this game was good for us on many levels.  So I didn't care who won as either way it hurt a foe of ours.

LA could not buy a shot down the stretch.  They shot poorly around 40% for a team the same recipe that killed us vs. the Clippers.  Of Course, LeBron took the most at 7 FTA to pad him shooting 7-17 night and keep his scoring up there which almost always happens.   That was a total flop by LeBron against Artest down the stretch to seal it.  This was a must win for MIA, it wasn't a must win for LA.   It clearly was not their best effort. 

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2011, 06:45:31 AM »

Offline garz

• Oshae Brissett
This was a must win for MIA, it wasn't a must win for LA.   It clearly was not their best effort. 

I didn't see that at all. The fakers looked like they wanted this game badly enough. That's why it was satisfying to watch. They can't dismiss it because they're meant to be serious now, as opposed to earlier in the season when they supposedly weren't trying. They were giving it their best effort in my opinion- they're trying to get home court and just lost the tiebreaker to Miami.

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2011, 07:56:28 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
Either way we won as I see it.   The HEAT stopped the skid and beat the Lakers which is always good to see LA lose.  If the Lakers had won the HEAT would have been under fire more, so I think this game was good for us on many levels.  So I didn't care who won as either way it hurt a foe of ours.

LA could not buy a shot down the stretch.  They shot poorly around 40% for a team the same recipe that killed us vs. the Clippers.  Of Course, LeBron took the most at 7 FTA to pad him shooting 7-17 night and keep his scoring up there which almost always happens.   That was a total flop by LeBron against Artest down the stretch to seal it.  This was a must win for MIA, it wasn't a must win for LA.   It clearly was not their best effort. 

How so?  I don't see how the Heat finally gaining confidence and getting a little closer to us in the standings is good for us.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2011, 08:26:39 AM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75

See kobe flail like an idiot and throw the ball out of bounds? Nobody even touched him.

Wade flops on virtually every shot.

Kobe was fouled before throwing the ball out (bad no-call followed by the correct call).

Wade's reach-in "steal" was a clear foul not called.

Wade hit Kobe's forearm on the long three - no call.

In a close game at the end, 3 key things can make a difference.

Barnes gets called on defense vs LeBron for getting too close - Z and Bosh do the same to Bynum/Odom throughout, no calls.

It was one-sided at the end, but such is the NBA...

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2011, 08:29:35 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

Kobe was fouled before throwing the ball out (bad no-call followed by the correct call).

Barnes gets called on defense vs LeBron for getting too close - Z and Bosh do the same to Bynum/Odom throughout, no calls.

And Bynum batted the ball out of bounds, refs said it was LA's ball then the convert on a three.

It's the NBA, the refs are terrible no matter what jersey you're wearing.

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2011, 09:02:10 AM »

Offline garz

• Oshae Brissett

Yea, if you're a fakers fan you could look at it that way.. The fakers made stupid plays, screamed and flailed their arms relying on the refs to bail them out with calls, and it didn't happen this time. Also earlier in the game Bynum finally got called for going over the back for the first time in his career as the look on his face confirmed.

Can't you see I'm weeping for the poor fakers who didn't get their usual pampered treatment? :'(

Sorry I know my attitude is childish and ugly- nothing against you my friend, but if we can't express our fakers hatred on CB then where?

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2011, 09:06:04 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Boy, the Lakers must be really bad to lose to such a bad team (the Heat).

:-\
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2011, 09:27:54 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
Boy, the Lakers must be really bad to lose to such a bad team (the Heat).

:-\

And they lost to cry babies. ;D