Author Topic: I have to hope the Heat win the next game.  (Read 6625 times)

I have to hope the Heat win the next game.
« on: March 09, 2011, 11:00:35 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Because I always hope the Lakers lose. 

While the Heat have been getting more attention on here this year, never forget who the real evil team is.   

Re: I have to hope the Heat win the next game.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 11:05:21 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Since the Heat's 5 game slide has essentially removed them from being a realistic threat for HCA I definitely want them to beat teh Lakers.

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 11:06:48 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Since the Heat's 5 game slide has essentially removed them from being a realistic threat for HCA I definitely want them to beat teh Lakers.

I just haven't worried about that after last year.  Celtics can beat anyone at home and on the road.  They are not a team that needs HCA.

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 11:07:53 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Agreed.  I'm one of those people who would adamantly root for Miami in a Heat-Lakers Finals.  Probably wouldn't watch the games though.  But, should be moot anyway.

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 11:08:08 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I just haven't worried about that after last year.  Celtics can beat anyone at home and on the road.  They are not a team that needs HCA.

Beyond just home court, I'd prefer not to have to play both Chicago and Miami in the playoffs.  That means that we need the #1 seed, and Miami needs to start winning so they don't fall back to #4.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 11:30:49 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 11:08:53 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I wanted the Heat to beat the Bulls because Miami's much less of a threat to overtake the Celts in the standings.

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 11:10:58 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Agreed.  I'm one of those people who would adamantly root for Miami in a Heat-Lakers Finals.  Probably wouldn't watch the games though.  But, should be moot anyway.
Yeah I would too, I'd rather have LeBron get a ring than have the Lakers catch the Celtics as a franchise.

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 11:13:14 AM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
Can they both lose?

I think we should trade games with the Clippers.  They give the Lakers a taste of January, and we godstomp the Heat again and make them cry.  I'd be willing to throw in Semih's old jersey and a bag of Skittles in order to sweeten the deal.

Make it happen, Stern.

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 11:19:15 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Can they both lose?

I think we should trade games with the Clippers.  They give the Lakers a taste of January, and we godstomp the Heat again and make them cry.  I'd be willing to throw in Semih's old jersey and a bag of Skittles in order to sweeten the deal.

Make it happen, Stern.

How about the Lakers lose, after the game, Lebron and Wade get into a slap fight in the middle of the court while other Heat players cry about it?   

Would this make everyone happy?  (except in Miami)

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 12:03:52 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Talk about picking between 2 poisons to swallow. Hard to root for either of these teams.

How about Miami has a 30 point lead, blows it,Lebron gets ejected for crying at mid court for non called foul, and quadruple overtime game that is called due to blackout that miraculously happens as Wade is about to shoot the game winning shot. The effects of the overtime battle are felt by both teams for many weeks after.

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 12:16:33 PM »

Offline Rondo9dunx

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 4
I find it incredibly easy to root for the heat against the lakers..

I lost all fear/respect for the heat over the last 2 weeks.
Andy Bernard doesnt lose constests. He wins them, or he quits them because they're unfair.

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 12:31:20 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Jackson will probally be coaching the Heat next season.

I dispise both teams .  Maybe the roof will fall in.   

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 12:32:44 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
to quote ray allen... "can they both lose?"

Become Legendary.

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 12:34:08 PM »

Offline Tayo

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
  • go Celtics!
The Los Angeles Lakers are literally the only 'good' team that the Miami Heat have been able to beat so far this season -- if you take that away from them, I'm not sure what else they'd have going for them (besides a 6 game losing streak)   :-[

I have to admit that I've been rooting for the Heat to win their last few games; I mean, I don't think my conscience would be clear if I was somehow comfortable with only rooting for the Miami Heat to defeat the Lakers and then lose to every other good team in the NBA, but that's just me.

Maybe the Heat's Big 3 need to realize that by joining forces together this summer they may also have taken on the persona as sort of the 'villians' of the elite NBA teams. I'm not sure how Chris Bosh and LeBron James have coped with that so far, however after they turned their back on their respective franchises to team up with Dwyane Wade this season they have in effect isolated at least some of their former fan base (the fans who stay loyal to the team instead of following a star to root for them at another franchise) for the shot at winning with a more talented team.

Even after they are able to overcome the negative feelings associated with their former franchises, you still have to remember that Bosh and James haven't yet proven themselves to the fans of their new home team. Heat fans are unlikely to forget the fact that Dwyane Wade helped lead Miami to their first NBA championship ever and was Finals MVP in that series so Miami's new stars would have to step it up in order to gain the kind of respect that Heat fans have for Wade in Miami.

I would not be surprised if the Heat lose to the Lakers on Thursday, however I still think that on paper they are the favorites to make it out of the Eastern Conference.

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 12:36:11 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I honestly can't root for either of them in this game. I am surprised by the utter collapse of the heat and also surprised at how well the Lakers are playing.