Author Topic: Knicks are better than Orlando now  (Read 6220 times)

Knicks are better than Orlando now
« on: March 01, 2011, 08:26:10 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Just watched first half of Knicks v. Orlando.  After trailing by 12 the Knicks have taken an 11 point half time lead. I have not seen Orlando play in a while. They look completely lost, hoisting airballs, not defending, just awful.  The Knicks are really starting to click. They are fun to watch, and Chauncey really is leading them. I would love to see the Celtics play the Knicks in the play-offs, stirring up the old NY-Boston rivalry.

Re: Knicks are better than Orlando now
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 08:29:20 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
Just watched first half of Knicks v. Orlando.  After trailing by 12 the Knicks have taken an 11 point half time lead. I have not seen Orlando play in a while. They look completely lost, hoisting airballs, not defending, just awful.  The Knicks are really starting to click. They are fun to watch, and Chauncey really is leading them. I would love to see the Celtics play the Knicks in the play-offs, stirring up the old NY-Boston rivalry.

To Quote Kevin McHale.

"Knicks have a Big 3, Orlando doesent even have a Big 2"

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 08:34:36 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 283
The demise of the magic will hopefully steer Dwight Howard towards Boston in 2012.

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 08:38:10 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
The demise of the magic will hopefully steer Dwight Howard towards Boston in 2012.

I always hated the Magic, they like to bank on the fact that "We made the finals in 2009" garbage. They wouldnt have even got past the 2nd round if we had had KG playing. They didnt deserve to be in the finals and it gave them false confidence in their team, they have always been second rate.

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 08:42:03 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Lots of teams are better than Orlando...they overachieved one season and made it to the finals mainly because of an injured KG and everyone got unnecessarily excited.

Bottom line with Orlando...if they aren't hitting that 3, they suck. Badly. Poor Dwight.

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 08:42:35 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
While I'm not sure you're right, I hope you are, because I don't think the Knicks are that good, even with Carmelo. 

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 08:43:14 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

I always hated the Magic, they like to bank on the fact that "We made the finals in 2009" garbage. They wouldnt have even got past the 2nd round if we had had KG playing. They didnt deserve to be in the finals and it gave them false confidence in their team, they have always been second rate.

I didn't even read this before posting but we basically said the same thing. TP for great minds thinking alike.

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 09:08:39 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Orlando is dead in the water. They were never legit contenders in my eyes, even when they made the finals, but they should've been. Orlando was mismanaged they should've fired Otis smith after he signed Lewis to that ridiculous contract. They've got fat contracts all around and only 1 star player to show for it. I can't see SVG lasting after this season and I can't see Dwight hanging around post 2012. Orlando peaked in 09 and have been on a downhill slide ever since.

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 09:21:13 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
Anyone know why MSG just dumped the game for spring training?
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 09:26:35 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
I heard this morning that NY, LA and Atlanta are possible destinations--no real word about Boston--except on this blog.

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 09:28:35 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1819
Knicks are going nowhere. They can't run the D'Antoni offense effectively at the moment effectively and they still don't play defense.  They're better off in half-court sets.

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 09:32:13 PM »

Offline droponov

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
Knicks can't defend. Stoudemire at the 5, Shawne Williams and Melo at the 4, Anthony Carter and Bill Walker seeing plenty of minutes on the perimeter.

Paper tiger. 

A team like Orlando will have plenty of good looks when facing the Knicks. It's just a matter of not missing too many of them. Orlando is a team that can be shut down, but not by the Knicks. New York won't even slow down them, not in a 7 games series.

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 09:39:42 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I still think the trades Orlando made just killed them. However, the Knicks need a legit center so they can move Amare to the 4 if they want to be serious contenders. Billups might be the most important piece of the puzzle.

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 09:40:36 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
I heard this morning that NY, LA and Atlanta are possible destinations--no real word about Boston--except on this blog.

We may not have cap space, if they keep Jeff Green around.  You've got $27M committed between Pierce and Rondo in 2012, and if they keep Jeff Green around you're probably looking at what,  at least $32M in salaries just for those three.  Maybe Baby's in there, too, and there are cap holds for roster spots even if players aren't signed to contracts.

But importantly, to have any cap space to offer Dwight a max deal, they'll have to renounce their rights both KG and Ray Allen, like what Miami did with JO and all of their other free agents this past summer.

Even if they did renounce both those guys (meaning they would likely only be able to return on vet-min deals), I don't see how the C's would have the space to offer Dwight a max deal without having traded Pierce or Rondo.

I just don't see how Dwight makes his way up north.

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 09:45:13 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
P.S. so much for the Knicks being better than Orlando...At least for tonight anyway.