Author Topic: Blake Griffin to Boston?? (Trade Idea)  (Read 3730 times)

Re: Blake Griffin to Boston?? (Trade Idea)
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2016, 03:54:43 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
But do you think my tradeoffer is giving Clippers the farm?

I also prefer Cousins, but at the moment he is out of reach, and the only reason we might have a shot at Griffin is the trouble he is in.

I think it's really unacceptable what he just did, but I'm willing to give him a chance. I believe in forgiving and a man can change!

I see your point, but there are too many things that have to fall in place for us with your proposal.

We'd have to be "assured" of getting Simmons, and that's not in stone, yet.

We'd be giving up a candidate for Most Improved player in Crowder, and perhaps our team's Heart and Soul (along with IT).

We'd be giving up our best post defender in Amir.

And is Blake READY to be a leader?

Just my opinion, but too many questions for me...not enough answers.

My proposal doesn't have us giving up the farm. We keep IT4, Smart, Crowder, & the 2016 Brooklyn pick. We'd still have the future MEM pick, as well as all of our future 1sts...'

Essentially you can just pretend we never signed Amir or re-signed Jerebko. Turner is expiring. We're giving up AB, K.O, DAL 2016 1st, 2017 Brooklyn pick (via right to swap) & 2018 BKYN pick.

Keep in mind how much other GMs have tried to devalue the Nets pick due to the fact that they were not sure Brooklyn would be a lottery team. With Brooklyn desperately trying to get better over the next two years, I'd give away any Brooklyn picks beyond this year for the right STAR.

Perhaps I'd consider taking the PHI 2nd out of the offer, or demand that Doc send Pierce back home!

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2016, 04:00:13 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
What about a trade involving Crowder and Amir.

It could be Crowder, Amir + 1 first round pick(not Nets)= Griffin

It could also be Crowder, Amir and Sullinger=Griffin

I know it will leave us with some problems the next 1,5 month and we will have problems on the small forward for the rest of the season, but I still see us as a rebuilding team, so I'm willing to risk this seasons playoff for a better chance to win a championship within the next few years.

When we draft Simmons in this years draft or we get Durant this summer, then the problem is solved!  ;) Do I think it's possible to get Durant - The chance would be much bigger with Griffin on the team, as we would then have a real superstar!

Do I think Clippers would do it? It depends if they are fed up with him after the latest trouble. I don't think they will get a better offer on him as the situation is now!

I just really don't want to give up Crowder...

Yeah we could include Crowder in the Griffin trade, then draft Jaylen Brown (trying to be realistic) as a replacement...BUT id rather have both.

IMO Jae is the spiritual leader of this team. He & Smart do a great job communicating, keeping up the intensity, and playing smart, hard-nosed defense. 

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2016, 04:10:35 PM »

Offline the_gunner

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
I don't want to give up Crowder either, but I think we need to give up something to get a star like Griffin. I believe that Griffin is the best PF in the league and he is much better than Amir. Griffin is a really good fit for Stevens system because of his athletism and his passing.

I know that it's not going to be easy to get a new SF at Crowder-level, but I think it's easier than to get a real star like Griffin. Crowder is great but not an all-star!

I also hope that JJ and Turner can step up if they get the more minutes at SF. I would also like to see the youngsters step up.