Author Topic: Post of the Year  (Read 46803 times)

Re: Post of the Year
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 11:26:59 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
I know nothing I did could touch Celtic's Will Solomon gem.

Absolute gold haha that gets my vote.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2009, 05:32:14 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I would like to nominate Edgar's response to my lament:

somewhere.... babies, puppy dogs, unicorns and I am weeping  :'( at the lack of scrolling text on Edgar's last post.

sublime genius... from a sublime genius.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2009, 05:39:22 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
This was hard to find -- but worth it:

My Nominee for Post of the Year:

I just went for a walk, didn't mean to, but I ended up by Will's old place, and I... I couldn't help but look up to see if the lights were on. I knew they wouldn't be, but I had to look, it wasn't the darkness, it was the absence of light that got to me. Next thing I knew I was going to all our old places, the park where we first met, the ice cream parlor, that little coffee shop that was our special place. Every time the door opened I kept looking up, hopeful, only to have my heart ripped from me yet again.

After about an hour of sitting around, hoping against hope, I realized Will was gone. I decided to get some air, walked down the old train tracks, kicking pebbles, sipping cheap whiskey from my paper bag wrapped bottle. When I heard that familiar sound of a Train coming my way, I stood there frozen not sure what to do without Will. Thoughts swirled through my mind, dark things, things I never thought possible. But no, this isn't what Will would want, Will always saw the best in people, things, he would want me to be strong. So I moved, I had to, it's what Will would have wanted, it's all he would have settled for. He was right, I knew he was.

I wandered for a while longer, before staggering home to watch the shell of the Celtics, it wouldn't be the same. Sure the team was still there, but was it? How could they forget him so quickly, how could they move on? Why can't I?

I second that emotion.

Is it a good sign that I need to go to bed when I was pretty certain that that said "I second that emoticon."

:-\

I read it that way too, and its 5:40...
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2009, 06:00:48 PM »

Offline wil

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 88
since edgar asked to pull the idea together (see below), i figured that a mod could sticky a new thread where people can put their nominations for post of the year.  below, is also my first nomination by redz.

Having been raised on using the troughs at Fenway Park to pee in, I was confused years ago when I went to take a leak at a Patriots game at Rich Stadium in Buffalo.  They had these circular sinks with several faucets around them.  I thought they were troughs, and unlike the other places in the Men's room there were no lines.  So, I unzipped and whizzed away.  When I was done a random Buffalo fan with a big smile on his face said, "Dude, you just peed in the sink." and gave me a high five.  One of my finer moments of spontaneous male bonding.  Yessiree, I impressed someone by peeing in a sink. 

You had to love that he was totally willing to give my unwashed hand a high five.

As I said, one of my finer moments.  :D

i officially nominate this post as an entry for the best post of the year  ;D

lol.. hey DL we have to pull this post of the year thing together

I'm with Dark Lord on this.  What a funny post.  I was laughing for days about this one actually. 

So far I think this would get my vote

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 05:32:29 PM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
Gotta throw this little noticed gem up here for community consideration, from the "Celtics Rap" thread.  Props to Prof Clutch for this one  8)

Chillin out max and relaxin' all cool
on the bench while the celtics are down by only two
Wavin' my towel and enjoyin' the game
when suddenly Doc starts a screamin' my name

On to the scorers table subbing in for KG
"Don't mess it all up" he says passing by me
The lights come up and the energies bumpin'
fans chantin my name so I gotta give'em somethin'

The times winds down and the games on the line
sweat pooring out my face but this is my time
Triple team on Paul, I can feel its my moment
He passes me the ball, but only cause I'm open

step behind the line and glance down at my feet
While the crowd is all silent 'cause they came to see me
Look up at the clock three seconds remain
And here I am taking the last shot for the game

Line up my arms lift my hands and release
the ball spins in the air, I can see my destiny
Teammates circle 'round to celebrate me
Hoist me up in the air, for once, proudly

The celtics have won and the hero is me
and Tommy is screamin' "Scalabrine for three!"
Fans are going crazy from what they've just seen
And thats the very moment I woke up from that dream...

Chillin' out max and relaxin' all cool
on the bench while the celtics are up by twenty-two
turn to Gabe Pruitt and sadly I say
Man it would be great if one day I could play.

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 06:27:35 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
This was hard to find -- but worth it:

My Nominee for Post of the Year:

I just went for a walk, didn't mean to, but I ended up by Will's old place, and I... I couldn't help but look up to see if the lights were on. I knew they wouldn't be, but I had to look, it wasn't the darkness, it was the absence of light that got to me. Next thing I knew I was going to all our old places, the park where we first met, the ice cream parlor, that little coffee shop that was our special place. Every time the door opened I kept looking up, hopeful, only to have my heart ripped from me yet again.

After about an hour of sitting around, hoping against hope, I realized Will was gone. I decided to get some air, walked down the old train tracks, kicking pebbles, sipping cheap whiskey from my paper bag wrapped bottle. When I heard that familiar sound of a Train coming my way, I stood there frozen not sure what to do without Will. Thoughts swirled through my mind, dark things, things I never thought possible. But no, this isn't what Will would want, Will always saw the best in people, things, he would want me to be strong. So I moved, I had to, it's what Will would have wanted, it's all he would have settled for. He was right, I knew he was.

I wandered for a while longer, before staggering home to watch the shell of the Celtics, it wouldn't be the same. Sure the team was still there, but was it? How could they forget him so quickly, how could they move on? Why can't I?

I second that emotion.

Is it a good sign that I need to go to bed when I was pretty certain that that said "I second that emoticon."

:-\

Just saw my post up here, thanks for the mention, if only the pain would subside.

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 06:26:03 AM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
My nomination for post of the year:
(from the "Ridiculous HORSE shot" thread - http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=31320.0)

One day when I was middle school aged, I was at some chucky-e-cheese-esque arcade for a birthday party and saw a cute girl standing by one of those claw vending machines with the stuffed animals and the crane.   For the heck of it, I took one of my tokens and smoothly strolled over there... flipped the token in... two quick joystick actions and a drop... I landed a plush chihuahua on my very first attempt... casually grabbed it from the reward bin and smoothly walked off like I did that kind of thing all the time.

Not a day goes by that I don't regret not tossing the girl the plush chihuahua.   To think... the two of us 12 year olds could have lived happily ever after.   I wonder where she is now...   she's probably fat now.   Typical chick... getting fat after middle school.    The chihuahua stuffed animal is now my cat's boyfriend and has two missing ears. 

I live alone... with a cat... a 14 year old stuffed chihuahua with two missing ears... and lots of Boston Celtics posters on my wall.  I like to think the aforementioned moment is where it all went wrong.

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2009, 02:36:45 PM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
My nomination for post of the year:
(from the "Ridiculous HORSE shot" thread - http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=31320.0)

One day when I was middle school aged, I was at some chucky-e-cheese-esque arcade for a birthday party and saw a cute girl standing by one of those claw vending machines with the stuffed animals and the crane.   For the heck of it, I took one of my tokens and smoothly strolled over there... flipped the token in... two quick joystick actions and a drop... I landed a plush chihuahua on my very first attempt... casually grabbed it from the reward bin and smoothly walked off like I did that kind of thing all the time.

Not a day goes by that I don't regret not tossing the girl the plush chihuahua.   To think... the two of us 12 year olds could have lived happily ever after.   I wonder where she is now...   she's probably fat now.   Typical chick... getting fat after middle school.    The chihuahua stuffed animal is now my cat's boyfriend and has two missing ears. 

I live alone... with a cat... a 14 year old stuffed chihuahua with two missing ears... and lots of Boston Celtics posters on my wall.  I like to think the aforementioned moment is where it all went wrong.

OMG that's fantastic! Brilliant stuff from one of the blogs most enigmatic characters.  Now we know why  :P

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2009, 03:11:54 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I'm torn between the rap, the girl who got away and Will Solomon posts.

On a slightly different note, has Will Smith launched a suit yet about the rap ripping him off?

Re: Post of the Year, 2010
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2010, 05:57:33 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I don't wamt this to fade away...I nominate Bahku's "Notes From Hispaniola" which was submitted on April 8, 2010.  This is one of the most heart wrenching and well written stories I have read in a long time!  Thanks, again and again, Bahku.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2016, 04:45:06 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I would like to nominate saltlover's post explaining the benefits of signing Horford now for post of the year 2016.  Super informative stuff.  It's the first post nominated since 2010

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=82796.msg2027916#msg2027916

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2016, 05:08:36 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I would like to nominate saltlover's post explaining the benefits of signing Horford now for post of the year 2016.  Super informative stuff.  It's the first post nominated since 2010

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=82796.msg2027916#msg2027916

Wild -- awesome to see some classic posts from classic posters. TP.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)