Author Topic: Hayward Broken Hand  (Read 37247 times)

Re: Hayward Broken Hand
« Reply #165 on: November 13, 2019, 11:10:56 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
I dont think you guys understand how much the Cs are going to miss GH. He was having an all-star season. The offense was running through him.

I guess if Jaylen or Jason got injured we'd probably miss GH more, but he's been pretty redundant since he got here - evidenced by the fact that the C's win totals really don't change at all whether GH plays or not.

Huh ??  Have you been watching ? They have won the last 2 without Hayward, at home vs losing teams. Hayward is the straw stirring the drink this season - we will miss him badly vs elite teams and also as the season grinds through a couple of road trips. Gotta get him back healthy. Maybe he will be rested and peaking come playoff time.

I hate it when fans state the record without player to say how unimportant a player is to a team. And I agree with what you said. This team needs Hayward esp against elite teams.

I mean theres really not enough of  a sample size from this year to say how much the c's will miss hayward. he was playing really great so normally you'd say the answer is "a lot." But the Celtics have guys like Brown and Tatum who while they've done a lot can probably take on more usage and replaced some of the Hayward elements. And the bench hasn't been very good yet so maybe some of those guys just start playing better and the answer is "some, but can get by  in the regular season."

« Reply #166 on: November 13, 2019, 11:12:02 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Hayward was making thing s much smoother .   

He can't come back quick enough for me .  Dang he just got his mojo going too.

« Reply #167 on: November 13, 2019, 11:14:18 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I dont think you guys understand how much the Cs are going to miss GH. He was having an all-star season. The offense was running through him.

I guess if Jaylen or Jason got injured we'd probably miss GH more, but he's been pretty redundant since he got here - evidenced by the fact that the C's win totals really don't change at all whether GH plays or not.

Huh ??  Have you been watching ? They have won the last 2 without Hayward, at home vs losing teams. Hayward is the straw stirring the drink this season - we will miss him badly vs elite teams and also as the season grinds through a couple of road trips. Gotta get him back healthy. Maybe he will be rested and peaking come playoff time.

I hate it when fans state the record without player to say how unimportant a player is to a team. And I agree with what you said. This team needs Hayward esp against elite teams.

I mean theres really not enough of  a sample size from this year to say how much the c's will miss hayward. he was playing really great so normally you'd say the answer is "a lot." But the Celtics have guys like Brown and Tatum who while they've done a lot can probably take on more usage and replaced some of the Hayward elements. And the bench hasn't been very good yet so maybe some of those guys just start playing better and the answer is "some, but can get by  in the regular season."
^^^this. A team with an All-NBA point guard and 3 sub All-Star players is still pretty [dang] good, they can still tread water in the regular season. Going to be conservative regarding Brown and Tatum until we get a larger sample size, I'll regard them as sub All-Star guys for now.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2019, 08:23:53 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362

It's IDreamCeltics...a look at his Hayward post history (shame we can't look at the threads that were deleted) should tell you all you need to know about his opinions on Hayward. I'm amazed he was able to say he's a "longtime Hayward fan" with a straight face  :angel:

Back on topic, the challenge will come against some of the better teams on the schedule coming up. It's interesting when you look at Gordon's on/off splits this year - offensively it's pretty much a wash (Offensive Rating 111.9 on, 112.9 off), but defensively we are significantly better with him on the court (Def Rating 100.6 on, 108.2 off) and his Net Rating is 11.4 on, 4.7 off. That's 4th best on the team behind Tatum, Theis and Poirier (who has played limited minutes).

We'll see what happens over the coming weeks. We should have the depth to survive his absence but I would hardly equate that to his being redundant.

https://on.nba.com/2KiLNuE
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #169 on: November 14, 2019, 10:32:27 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Hoping Gordon can make it back sooner than 6 weeks. His interview last night suggested that he might.  Would be sweet to have him back and healthy for Philly game.

« Reply #170 on: November 14, 2019, 10:48:10 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Glad it was his left hand not his shooting hand or he may be out longer get his shooting touch back
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2019, 01:25:30 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
So six weeks is 19 games missed.

vs DAL 11/11 (WIN 116-106)
vs WAS 11/13 (WIN 140-133)
@ GSW 11/15 (WIN 105-100)
@ SAC 11/17
@ PHO 11/18
@ LAC 11/20
@ DEN 11/22
vs SAC 11/25
vs BRK 11/27
@ BRK 11/29
@NYK 12/1
vs MIA 12/4
vs DEN 12/6
vs CLE 12/9
@ IND 12/11
vs PHI 12/12
@ DAL 12/18
vs DET 12/20
vs CHA 12/22
(6 weeks from this Monday, Dec 23)
@ TOR 12/25

What do people think a reasonable expectation  is for the C's in that window?

Three down sixteen to go.

« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2019, 01:28:05 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
So six weeks is 19 games missed.

vs DAL 11/11 (WIN 116-106)
vs WAS 11/13 (WIN 140-133)
@ GSW 11/15 (WIN 105-100)
@ SAC 11/17
@ PHO 11/18
@ LAC 11/20
@ DEN 11/22
vs SAC 11/25
vs BRK 11/27
@ BRK 11/29
@NYK 12/1
vs MIA 12/4
vs DEN 12/6
vs CLE 12/9
@ IND 12/11
vs PHI 12/12
@ DAL 12/18
vs DET 12/20
vs CHA 12/22
(6 weeks from this Monday, Dec 23)
@ TOR 12/25

What do people think a reasonable expectation  is for the C's in that window?

Three down sixteen to go.

Or sooner.

« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2019, 08:30:00 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
IS IT HEALED YET ??? ...." in the whiney are we there yet Daddy voice .  :)

« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2019, 08:54:26 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Hoping Gordon can make it back sooner than 6 weeks. His interview last night suggested that he might.  Would be sweet to have him back and healthy for Philly game.

Baynes was back in 4 weeks. I think haywards last hand fracture he was back in 4.

I think they threw out 6 weeks so that the media/fans wouldnt keep bugging him every game about his return. Now we can sit back and assume 6 and be pleasantly surprised if he was back in 4.

« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2019, 09:27:05 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Baynes was back in 4 weeks. I think haywards last hand fracture he was back in 4.

I think they threw out 6 weeks so that the media/fans wouldnt keep bugging him every game about his return. Now we can sit back and assume 6 and be pleasantly surprised if he was back in 4.

I'd rather he'd take all 6 weeks regardless.

« Reply #176 on: November 16, 2019, 09:35:32 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

^this. I'd rather him return after a full recovery to help us out in the long run.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #177 on: November 16, 2019, 09:42:24 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

^this. I'd rather him return after a full recovery to help us out in the long run.

I mean he'll come back when he's healthy, he can suggest whatever he wants but the medical staff wont let him take the floor if he's not ready. And I know Baynes and Hayward have been back after 4 weeks with  similar  injuries before but every break is different, depending on where on the bone and whether the bone was displaced ect can easily make a 2 week or more difference so while I hope he comes back sooner right now I'm just happy its only six weeks.

« Reply #178 on: November 16, 2019, 09:54:10 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

I mean he'll come back when he's healthy, he can suggest whatever he wants but the medical staff wont let him take the floor if he's not ready. And I know Baynes and Hayward have been back after 4 weeks with  similar  injuries before but every break is different, depending on where on the bone and whether the bone was displaced ect can easily make a 2 week or more difference so while I hope he comes back sooner right now I'm just happy its only six weeks.
Ah okay. We're well equipped to tread water without him so I'm fine with him returning anytime before the playoffs lol, we need his offense to break down stingier defenses.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #179 on: November 16, 2019, 11:06:05 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

You think I can find the interview somewhere online?