Author Topic: 2023 MLB Season  (Read 13094 times)

Re: 2023 MLB Season
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2023, 05:24:38 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
9 walks is ridiculous.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2023, 05:31:16 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Awesome, score 9 runs and lose.

Brasier still sucks. So does Ort. So does Kluber.

Devers gets two hits with no runners in scoring position, but when he comes up with runners on second and third and no outs in the ninth, he does exactly what I thought he'd do: strikes out.

Yoshida has 5 plate appearances and fails to hit the ball past the infield.

The offense was scrappy, but everything was dink-and-doink, infield hits, singles, no power, and the pitching was mostly bad.

It's gonna be an awesome 2023 season! ::)
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2023, 05:33:37 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Turner hitting third at 38 years old is ridiculous. I also hate Duvall

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2023, 05:36:39 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Turner hitting third at 38 years old is ridiculous. I also hate Duvall

And having a guy with zero power (Yoshida) hit cleanup is ridiculous.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2023, 06:13:00 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Go O’s!!!    :)
Greg

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2023, 06:36:18 PM »

• Satch Sanders

Are you an O's fan? They have some good young players, plus one of the best color combos in baseball! They're definitely going to be better than the Sox this year. =(

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2023, 06:49:49 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker

Are you an O's fan? They have some good young players, plus one of the best color combos in baseball! They're definitely going to be better than the Sox this year. =(

Yep, I’m from the DC area and never abandoned the Orioles when the Nats showed up.  It’s been rough the past several years but   there’s definitely a lot to be excited about this year, though I think we’re still another year or two away from being any kind of contender. 
Greg

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2023, 06:59:00 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Yep, I’m from the DC area and never abandoned the Orioles when the Nats showed up.  It’s been rough the past several years but   there’s definitely a lot to be excited about this year, though I think we’re still another year or two away from being any kind of contender.

Adley is gonna be a stud.  I have him as a keeper in fantasy.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2023, 07:23:11 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Awesome, score 9 runs and lose.

Brasier still sucks. So does Ort. So does Kluber.

Devers gets two hits with no runners in scoring position, but when he comes up with runners on second and third and no outs in the ninth, he does exactly what I thought he'd do: strikes out.

Yoshida has 5 plate appearances and fails to hit the ball past the infield.

The offense was scrappy, but everything was dink-and-doink, infield hits, singles, no power, and the pitching was mostly bad.

It's gonna be an awesome 2023 season! ::)

I was shocked to see they scored 9 runs. Too bad Kluber sucked. Glad to see Yoshi had a few hits, though.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2023, 07:32:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm asking for the hundredth time can we please put Brasier on a rocket ship and send him to the sun

Seriously, this dude must have blackmail on the front office/manager, and/or he worships Bloom and the front office so they "reward him" by tendering him a contract and giving him a roster spot. It's ridiculous. Legit the entire country knows he sucks except our "smart and analytically sound" organization.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2023, 07:34:13 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker

Adley is gonna be a stud.  I have him as a keeper in fantasy.

Adleys definitely my favorite, Gunner is going to be great too, though he didn’t show much today.  I’m hoping we can do something great in the window that they’re here, bc most likely they’re gonna get a crazy contract somewhere else when they’re eligible
Greg

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2023, 11:59:07 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Astros lose their opening night to the White Sox  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2023, 11:33:51 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
2 games into the season and there are just 4 unbeaten teams and the Braves are the only one in the NL.  That seems like a very low number to me, but I guess I've never paid attention.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2023, 10:23:47 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
2 games into the season and there are just 4 unbeaten teams and the Braves are the only one in the NL.  That seems like a very low number to me, but I guess I've never paid attention.

Likewise, another way to look at it is, there's only four teams who are 0-2. Everyone else is 1-1 lol

I wonder if after today if everyone will be 2-1 or 1-2. That'd be cool
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2023, 10:15:00 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Some chatter about baseball going to pure East and West conferences to build up more regional rivalries and cut down on travel time and expense (now that they play year round interleague and have the same rules). 

So just because I'm bored because the C's aren't playing tonight, I thought it would be fun to see how it would shake out with the 30 current teams.  For this exercise I've already moved the A's to Vegas.

EAST
Northeast - NY, NY, TOR, PHI, BOS
Southeast - BAL, DC, TB, MIA, ATL
Central - PIT, CLE, CIN, DET, STL

WEST
Midwest - CHI, CHI, MIL, KC, MIN
South - ARI, LV, COL, TEX, HOU
West - SEA, SF, LA, LA, SD

Hardest decision was who to put in the central.  I went with the Cardinals so as to not break up the Chicago teams and to keep them with the Brewers, leaving the Cardinals as the most logical next choice.

Definitely some interesting divisions and I do like the idea of many more games between teams that should be rivals like the NY, Chicago, and LA teams (or Bal/DC), or the teams from Ohio and Florida. Couldn't really pur the Cardinals and Royals together, but that is the only one that is missed (though I suppose the Twins could be swapped with the Cardinals).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip