Author Topic: Time To Panic? I Think So  (Read 24587 times)

Re: Time To Panic? I Think So
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2023, 12:57:33 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
The starters not playing together is a worn out excuse. This team is deep enough that is should be able to weather these storms.

We have JB and JT, that alone should be able to carry you most nights when you're missing a guy or 2.

Either they're not as good as we all like to believe(this is not a statement of my belief) or there are some deeper problems.

Yeah, I mean, they started the season 21-5 without Rob, and with Al getting some nights off. The two all-stars should indeed be able to carry the team to victory most games, even with one or two other guys out.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2023, 01:05:46 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
The starters not playing together is a worn out excuse. This team is deep enough that is should be able to weather these storms.

We have JB and JT, that alone should be able to carry you most nights when you're missing a guy or 2.

Either they're not as good as we all like to believe(this is not a statement of my belief) or there are some deeper problems.

Yeah, I mean, they started the season 21-5 without Rob, and with Al getting some nights off. The two all-stars should indeed be able to carry the team to victory most games, even with one or two other guys out.
and they do. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2023, 02:32:27 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Another thing that's been bugging me is that, do we really need to be force feeding minutes to Smart? Why? White has been one of our best players over the past few months and definitely the most consistent. It's not like Smart was out there shutting down NYK's guards. He made a few hustle plays here or there, but big deal. A majority of the time he was not good. Meanwhile, White was basically on the bench for a good 30 minutes straight until Smart fouled out.

I hope this isn't some ego thing or based on contracts. White's the better player right now. I wish Mazzulla would just step up and let White play more and potentially start more games. Tell Smart to figure it out coming off the bench with Brogdon

Smart really hasn't looked good since coming back, and there's been two games (Sixers, Nets) where he basically loses his mind and Mazzulla has to take him out to reign him in. Not ideal.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2023, 03:11:25 PM »

• Satch Sanders

and they do.

Well, not so much over the last couple weeks, when the Cs have gone 4-4.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2023, 03:16:36 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

and they do.

well neither Tatum nor Brown played against Milwaukee, so let's eliminate that.  And since you said 2 all-stars, we also need to eliminate the Knicks loss and the Pistons win in which Brown didn't play.  So 3-2 over the last 8 when both play, or you know most games. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2023, 04:40:07 PM »

• Satch Sanders

and they do.

well neither Tatum nor Brown played against Milwaukee, so let's eliminate that.  And since you said 2 all-stars, we also need to eliminate the Knicks loss and the Pistons win in which Brown didn't play.  So 3-2 over the last 8 when both play, or you know most games.

Okay, fair point.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2023, 08:17:43 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
joe adds no value whatsoever. the first half of this season was fool’s gold, as joe rode what ime built and the players were still feeding off the finals loss.

second half of the season is on joe and he’s proven to be an empty suit. face it, we have several talented prima donna’s who need a disciplinarian like ime to call them out and push them. without this type of leadership, they revert to their same bad behaviors. it took half a season for ime to beat the bad habits out of them that they displayed at the end of cbs’s tenure. it’s now taken half a season for joe’s lax style to allow the bad habits and prima donna mentality to return.

one silver lining: we are guaranteed to find out if brad really has the stones and killer instinct to be a great gm.

I can give you that answer now if you'd like.

Ownership needs to step in and put the team back in the hands of NBA people and not ex-college coaches like Brad and Joe.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2023, 09:44:17 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Me watching us just blow double digit leads every game and playing like losers late in games...

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2023, 09:58:39 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Celtics lost 4 of their last 5. Slam the panic button!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2023, 10:01:19 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Been not good since 2023 kicked in. They are going to be the three seed.

« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2023, 12:16:36 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2023, 12:45:21 AM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273
Celtics lost 4 of their last 5. Slam the panic button!

it’s not just the 4 out of 5 losses; it’s the manner in which they were lost, as well as the team’s (and head coach’s) nonchalant responses to the losses. add in a few wins that were far too close after squandered double digit leads and you have a very concerning trend over the past two-plus months.

« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2023, 03:07:42 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
At least we won't be worried about Grant getting anything close to $20m!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2023, 08:13:15 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

I'm so done with him.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2023, 08:26:16 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'm so done with him.

I think his matchup with Dray Green in the Finals messed him up.  It seems like from there on, his focus shifted from being a "dirt dog" type of player to somebody who wanted to have his own spot light.  If you want to be a role player in the spotlight, then you sure as hell better be able to handle your role.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes