Author Topic: Time To Panic? I Think So  (Read 25024 times)

Re: Time To Panic? I Think So
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2023, 05:22:51 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
So I should take Shaqattack's advice and stay indoors today because the sky is falling in?  :angel:

I think I've been lucky though...the last time the sky fell in when we lost 4 of 6 in late Jan it didn't hit me. Should I tempt fate?  ???
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2023, 06:10:41 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
The amount of fanfiction in this thread could rival Tumblr.

Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Was Ime excellent? No. But I am not sure what coaching strategy causes the players to suddenly not turn the ball over or miss wide open threes or miss free throws or miss bunny layups in the paint or miss defensive assignments or causes the bench to not show up. That's on the players
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 06:17:39 AM by Kernewek »
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2023, 07:41:48 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Panic? Only if you care and still watch games. I've stopped and I hardly post here anymore.

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2023, 07:50:17 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I started panicking when JB went down due to the Tatum elbow.

the team is missing something, and I don't know what it is.  Yes, they've got two superstars, but then there is a bunch on what?  IDK, maybe we talked this team up too much.  Maybe the Ime situation had more of an impact on this team than people realize, but we're not good right now!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2023, 08:02:21 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
Not yet.  It's only March 6th.  Still 17 regular season games to go.

Ebbs & flows. Ebbs & flows.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2023, 08:19:19 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
RWill now out 7-10 days because of his Hammie.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2023, 08:53:50 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
Panic about what.  Boston is still the 2nd best team in the conference as they've been all year (and I know they had the 1st seed for much of the year, but Milwaukee has always been the better team). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2023, 08:56:38 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
So I should take Shaqattack's advice and stay indoors today because the sky is falling in?  :angel:

I think I've been lucky though...the last time the sky fell in when we lost 4 of 6 in late Jan it didn't hit me. Should I tempt fate?  ???

Yeah I chose to sleep in and not go outside so that I wouldn't feel embarassment  :P

(lol jk but I wish I could sleep in)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2023, 08:59:10 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
Panic about what.  Boston is still the 2nd best team in the conference as they've been all year (and I know they had the 1st seed for much of the year, but Milwaukee has always been the better team).

I couldn’t agree more Mo. TP

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2023, 09:02:04 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
only  you have been going on about Milwaukee being better so that doesn't make it a fact or accurate assessment.

and as of this morning, C's have fallen to 3rd best record in the league, no longer first in the league, and with the way they're playing, a drop to 3rd in the conference (and further in the league standings) isn't out of the question.

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2023, 09:07:04 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

Has always been the better team - not sure you've controlled for all the factors here:

To wit, is Milwaukee only the better team if:
  • Jaylen Brown has less than 5 hours of sleep the night before
  • Smart blew out the Eastern Candle
  • Tatum forgot to seal the seventh sigil on his Kobe shrine
  • Timelord's deal with the monkey's paw to play in the NBA Finals is really kicking in.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2023, 09:07:38 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
only  you have been going on about Milwaukee being better so that doesn't make it a fact or accurate assessment.

and as of this morning, C's have fallen to 3rd best record in the league, no longer first in the league, and with the way they're playing, a drop to 3rd in the conference (and further in the league standings) isn't out of the question.
Sure that has been my opinion, but it also doesn't make it wrong.  Milwaukee is a better team than Boston.  They have the best player and a deeper better constructed bench.  That stuff matters.

Boston has won 6 of their last 10.  During that stretch Philly has gained 1 game in the standings.  Boston isn't falling to 3rd because they lost a double OT game to the Knicks or blew a huge lead against the Nets.  Boston is better than Philly and that hasn't changed.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2023, 09:11:53 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

A few unexpected losses always tend to engender panic :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2023, 09:13:05 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff

A few unexpected losses always tend to engender panic :police:

It's not just the losses, you can play crappy and still win a game.  They're not cohesive right now.  What's it going to take to fix it?

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2023, 09:14:37 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm not worried about losing the 2 seed. PHI will definitely drop some games but also, we are still 3 games up on them AND have the tiebreaker.

But right now, can you even say for sure we can beat NYK or CLE in a potential 2nd round series? I don't think so. I wouldn't even be surprised if CLE passes PHI for the 3 seed, which if they do and we're the 2 seed, we may play CLE 2nd round. Or NYK makes a ferocious run down the stretch and nabs the 3 seed, so same scenario except with NYK. And that's not even accounting for likely facing Miami first round which won't be easy.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller