Author Topic: Prichard Wanted Trade Deadline Move  (Read 3993 times)

Re: Prichard Wanted Trade Deadline Move
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2023, 01:51:42 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Watch the highlights of Game 7 vs Bucks last season...and see Pritchard have a huge impact on winning that game.

So did GWill. And GWill was actually shooting with confidence (no pump-faking). What on earth has happened to him

Grant Williams problem were present last season, particularly during the playoffs... he had some good games, but also a lot of bad ones. He's taken those bad habits to the extreme this season though.

Re: Prichard Wanted Trade Deadline Move
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2023, 03:33:20 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
He should ask for more playing time, he deserves it - we just have an incredibly deep guard rotation of Brown/Smart/Brogdon/White.

Pritchard's sweetspot is 20-29MPG off the bench, where he has averaged 10.5/2.5/2.5 in 4 games this season (doesn't include games of 30+ mins, because I do not think that is his role). His career splits in that 20-29MPG role are 11.4/3.5/2.9 on 50/47/90 shooting, playing 37 games and averaging 24.3MPG in that spell. That is basically prime Patty Mills (slightly better, actually).

He'll never get the minutes he needs to get here, barring something major and unforeseen, like a mega trade involving two of our four main guards or some seriously bad injury luck. Let's win a chip with him this season, and then ship him if he still wants out.

I refuse to investigate if the bolded is true but on the face of it it just reads like heresy. That said, if we're relying on Pritchard to win games, with the roster we have, we're in serious trouble. Not a knock on him, just a fact of the depth chart.
Haha ;D

I don't think relying upon him to win games is the same as allowing him the chance to win us a game here and there. It might seem like semantics, but I think there's a difference. It is an aspect of Joe's coaching I'm not huge on, which was the same with Ime - outlandish favouritism
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)