Author Topic: Tatum the next Lebron?  (Read 3260 times)

Tatum the next Lebron?
« on: March 02, 2023, 01:12:01 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If he gets to the finals again this year,  and we win it all. That's his fourth trip to the NBA conference finals at 24 years old. He's avg 30 ppg and almost 9 boards per game both better than Lebron at the same age.

Although Bron has the physical advantage,  Tatum has the mental advantage and a smoother game and a better natural shot maker.

These two players are much closer in talent than most people are aware of.

Just ran into someone that reminded me that 2 years ago i told him that tatum was set to dominate the league.

Tatums unreal I said, "yeah he's pretty good" No you don't understand,  he's filthy, he's much better than Pierce at the same age. "Better than pierce huh" knowing im a big Pierce guy.

Tatum set to dominate the leauge.

Re: Tatum the next Lebron?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 02:11:59 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I hope not — if Tatum leads Boston to a total of 10 Finals appearances, I want to see him go 9-1, not the paltry 4-6 that LeBron has. ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 02:21:13 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I hope not — if Tatum leads Boston to a total of 10 Finals appearances, I want to see him go 9-1, not the paltry 4-6 that LeBron has. ;D

Obviously.  We all know Tatum is secretly better.  He just wont be hyped Like the "Chosen one"
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 02:35:53 AM by KG Living Legend »

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 04:44:33 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
nope.

he is close to Paul Pierce and Melo than Kobe nor LeBrick. Those two do not have bad scoring nights of 14 points on awful shooting percentages like what Tatum did against the Knicks.

Tatum is not the next someone because he is unique as himself.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 05:02:03 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
nope.

he is close to Paul Pierce and Melo than Kobe nor LeBrick. Those two do not have bad scoring nights of 14 points on awful shooting percentages like what Tatum did against the Knicks.

Tatum is not the next someone because he is unique as himself.
This is just nonsense. Kobe has 16 career playoff games of below 30% FG shooting, 8 of which he scored less than 14 points, 3 of which were in the Finals. LeBron has 9 such playoff games, 2 of which were in the Finals.

You are being completely dishonest in your weird crusade against Tatum.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 06:33:09 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Tatum is not the next Lebron but he is off to an excellent career start.  I'm very happy with his progress.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2023, 03:46:36 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Tatum is not the next Lebron but he is off to an excellent career start.  I'm very happy with his progress.

I don't mean next lebron like they are the same Player.  I mean the next SF set to dominate the leauge for 10 years, which if we win this year. He will be.

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2023, 04:16:17 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I don't mean next lebron like they are the same Player.  I mean the next SF set to dominate the leauge for 10 years, which if we win this year. He will be.
In terms of young(ish) true wings, the only one who is close is probably Jaylen. The rest of the younger stars are guards like Doncic & SGA, Morant and Edwards. Even guys like Young, Haliburton and co., all guards.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2023, 04:42:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
No , he’ll never be that big of a butt hole .   

CP3 is the ultimate whiner with Legripe a close second .

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2023, 04:45:58 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Let's not have ourselves a self-serving, egocentric Decision for Tatum, shall we?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2023, 04:54:06 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

I don't think Tatum is going to dominate the league.  He is behind at least 4 players that aren't yet 30 i.e. Giannis, Jokic, Embiid, and Doncic.  Now they aren't SF's, but the league has rarely been dominated by SF's (really just Lebron and Larry to a lesser extent). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2023, 05:27:37 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 593
No, but he could be a Kobe-light(maybe ever better) if he ever decides to fall out of love with the 3. His drive game is so smooth, it's being wasted on the perimeter.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2023, 05:28:36 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178

I don't think Tatum is going to dominate the league.  He is behind at least 4 players that aren't yet 30 i.e. Giannis, Jokic, Embiid, and Doncic.  Now they aren't SF's, but the league has rarely been dominated by SF's (really just Lebron and Larry to a lesser extent).

You lost me at "Larry to a lesser extent". Bird was the best player in the league for at least 5 or 6 years.

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2023, 05:45:20 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

You lost me at "Larry to a lesser extent". Bird was the best player in the league for at least 5 or 6 years.
Like it or not, Lebron has dominated for a lot longer than 5 or 6 years. 

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2023, 05:47:35 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178

Like it or not, Lebron has dominated for a lot longer than 5 or 6 years.

LeBron has played way longer but Bird was better in those 5-6 years than LeBron ever was. I'll give LeBron the nod for longevity.