Author Topic: Patriots 2022 Season  (Read 108877 times)

Re: Patriots 2022 Season
« Reply #1365 on: March 21, 2023, 04:06:25 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I have no clue how Lamar would pan out, but we could sure play some interesting bully ball lineups with two pass catching TEs, Juju, two hard running RBs that can catch, and then just send Devante and Bourne downfield to keep defenses honest.

Might be great, might be a disaster, but it’s a fun concept.

« Reply #1366 on: March 22, 2023, 11:28:50 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
... via a report from Denver KOA-FM’s Benjamin Allbright, the Broncos “supposedly at least pondered” a second and fourth-round pick “possibly from the Patriots.”

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1367 on: March 22, 2023, 11:30:34 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
... via a report from Denver KOA-FM’s Benjamin Allbright, the Broncos “supposedly at least pondered” a second and fourth-round pick “possibly from the Patriots.”

I'd be shocked if Jeudy went for a 1st tbh. I think if DEN deals him, it'd have to be for a 2nd+

Classic negotiation tactic from the Broncos and interested parties. They'll wait it out a bit
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1368 on: March 22, 2023, 11:37:12 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Jalen Mills returning to the Pats on a 1-year deal, will move to safety

« Reply #1369 on: March 22, 2023, 01:27:24 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391

I'd be shocked if Jeudy went for a 1st tbh. I think if DEN deals him, it'd have to be for a 2nd+

Classic negotiation tactic from the Broncos and interested parties. They'll wait it out a bit

I would be amped if we got jeudy would really help evaluate mac.

« Reply #1370 on: March 27, 2023, 04:41:41 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
So those Lamar to New England rumors have really heated up today. Guess it wasn't such crazy talk after all.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1371 on: March 27, 2023, 05:19:01 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
So those Lamar to New England rumors have really heated up today. Guess it wasn't such crazy talk after all.

I assume you are referring to the text from rapper Meek Mill to Kraft?  My guess is that some message was conveyed to a number of teams via some unofficial channels since Jackson doesn't have an actual agent.  This seems to me like Jackson trying to drum up some interest from someone, maybe not any team, but I doubt just the Patriots.  Meek Mill gets from free publicity so it is win win.

I don't think it makes sense for the Pats to trade 2 firsts and maybe more for Jackson, and then have to pay the kind of money he is looking for.  Too much risk of injury.  Doesn't seem like a Belichick kind of move.

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, who spoke at the league’s ownership meeting in Phoenix on Monday, said that he had received a text from Meek Mill “about three of four days ago” about Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson. In it, the rapper apparently claimed that Jackson wanted to join the Patriots.

Kraft didn’t offer any further information about the exchange, but he did point out that the decision was one Patriots head coach/general manager Bill Belichick would have to make.

« Reply #1372 on: March 27, 2023, 06:06:23 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
This idea that any decision on Lamar Jackson is up to Bill, is the same exact reason Kraft picked Bill over Brady. Kraft doesn't want to be seen as a cheap owner, so he keeps Bill around to take the blame for keeping cost down. For all Brady did, keeping him wouldn't really effect the market value of the team at this point.

Honestly, if Kraft wanted to pay Brady the market rate, Brady would have never left. A contract of Lamar Jackson's caliber is not a GM call, but that of the owner. If Kraft tells Bill, I want Lamar, do you really think Bill would say no?

« Reply #1373 on: March 27, 2023, 06:12:40 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
I'm going to be excited about football season no matter what, but comparing option A and B below:

A) Pats add Jeudy or Hopkins and strengthen O-line and DB prospects in the draft.
B) Trade Mac and 1st for Lamar.

I'd go with A.  But I have to admit adding a potential top-5 QB would be something to look forward to.

I'm not convinced one way or the other about Mac.  I think he could be a very productive QB with the right coaching, weapons, and O-line.

« Reply #1374 on: March 27, 2023, 07:25:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I think Kraft saying it's "Belichick's decision" is him basically deflecting all blame/criticism towards Belichick. So if we don't get Lamar despite all the rumors, it'll be because Belichick decided not to pursue Lamar. At least that's how Kraft wants it painted.

But otherwise I really don't know why Kraft would even say that publicly. Only other reason would probably be if he wanted to make it known that he texts with Meek Mill regularly  :P

I'm fine keeping Mac. I still think we need a legit WR1, OT, and CB. We haven't addressed those yet and I'm beginning to worry we may not address WR1 in particular. Make no mistake, we need one. Because right now, there isn't a single guy on our offense that opposing defenses and defensive backs look at and "fear". There's no Chase/Higgins/Diggs/Waddle/Hill, etc. I like JuJu and his ceiling but we don't know for sure if he can take that leap again like he did with Pittsburgh in 2018

I feel confident we'll draft an OT and address it, but if Jeudy/Hopkins/OBJ aren't happening then what other option is there? Drafting one?

« Reply #1375 on: March 27, 2023, 08:36:03 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
I'm going to be excited about football season no matter what, but comparing option A and B below:

A) Pats add Jeudy or Hopkins and strengthen O-line and DB prospects in the draft.

I'd go with A.  But I have to admit adding a potential top-5 QB would be something to look forward to.

I'm not convinced one way or the other about Mac.  I think he could be a very productive QB with the right coaching, weapons, and O-line.

He’s not a top 5 QB, IMO. It’s a passing league, run first QB’s don’t win SB’s.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1376 on: March 27, 2023, 09:01:42 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1370
I think there's more chance of us seeing a flying pig wearing Brady's No. 12 jersey over Gillette than seeing Lamar in the same jersey honestly   :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1377 on: March 27, 2023, 09:17:02 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
I think there's more chance of us seeing a flying pig wearing Brady's No. 12 jersey over Gillette than seeing Lamar in the same jersey honestly   :police:

I felt the same way about Cam Newton and then he was lined up under center.

« Reply #1378 on: March 27, 2023, 09:45:04 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

He literally won an MVP two years ago. He may have had even less offensive weapons than Jones has the last couple of years.

« Reply #1379 on: March 27, 2023, 09:59:30 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

He literally won an MVP two years ago. He may have had even less offensive weapons than Jones has the last couple of years.

He won MVP in 2019. Lamar had 17 passing TD’s last year and 16 the year before. He was 26th in completion percentage last season. The NFL is a passing league. Have no interest in paying a run first QB $30M/year while also having to give up two first round picks. No thanks.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 10:18:47 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.