Author Topic: Top Gun: Maverick  (Read 1830 times)

Top Gun: Maverick
« on: June 15, 2022, 10:45:17 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Regardless of how you may feel about the original Top Gun (or whether you have even seen it—seriously), if you have not yet seen the instant-classic Top Gun: Maverick, well, I highly recommend doing so before it leaves theaters. It is easily the best movie/cinema experience of the past decade or more in my opinion. With this virtually flawless movie, perhaps Tom Cruise becomes The Last Movie Star?

If it is not too late, see it in IMAX if you always wanted to see what it is like to be a fighter pilot without risking your life. What a ride!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 10:52:02 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

Re: Top Gun: Maverick
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 12:04:01 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I never saw the first one and I thought this was a really nice movie.  I normally hate movies that follow the typical Hollywood success formula, which this movie did, but overall I found it very entertaining that had just the right amount of cliche and cheesiness.  The action scenes and camera shots were really good and I thought the acting all around was good too and I was engaged throughout the movie.  Not one of my top movies of all time, but "virtually flawless" is still a pretty fair way to describe the movie IMO.  I didn't see it in IMAX or Dolby but I still enjoyed it a lot in the theater and would recommend it.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 12:14:50 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Regardless of how you may feel about the original Top Gun (or whether you have even seen it—seriously), if you have not yet seen the instant-classic Top Gun: Maverick, well, I highly recommend doing so before it leaves theaters. It is easily the best movie/cinema experience of the past decade or more in my opinion. With this virtually flawless movie, perhaps Tom Cruise becomes The Last Movie Star?

If it is not too late, see it in IMAX if you always wanted to see what it is like to be a fighter pilot without risking your life. What a ride!

Yup. It’s an excellent movie. I’m one of the biggest critics there it too. The formula is fairly generic, but it just really works.

Feels like a great sports movie in a way
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2022, 08:31:32 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Haven’t been to the movie theatre for a few years, but this was one film I didn’t want to miss. It was really well made, best movie I’ve seen in a long time. Highly recommend seeing it on the big screen.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 10:41:12 AM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.