Author Topic: How are we feeling heading into game 6?  (Read 6828 times)

Re: How are we feeling heading into game 6?
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2022, 08:06:13 PM »

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
It's over. The Celtics have slowly but surely worn out Miami just like they did against Milwaukee and Brooklyn. The Celtics defense and movement are too much for Miami to handle and the Celtics can get to the paint seemingly at will. And this without a fully healthy team. Miami has injuries too but the Celtics are just on another level right now.

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2022, 08:45:21 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
Miami can't beat us.  In order for them to win the Celtics have to beat themselves, which is exactly what happened in games 1 and 3, and in the first half of game 5.  Limit the turnovers and we win.  We're just a superior team when we play with poise.

I'd like to add that Ime coached a very good game 5.   When Miami went small in the 2nd half we went big with Timelord and Horford.  That lineup outplayed theirs and set us up for a blowout.  Ime also brought Timelord back in the 4th when Bam made three baskets in a row, and that pretty much put an end to their threat.  Spo gets a lot of praise, but Ime has done a very good job as well.

« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2022, 08:50:22 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
I think we're screwed if this goes to Game 7. Gives Miami momentum and morale boost, with the home crowd roaring on their back again

C's need to close them out tomorrow night. Let's see if the consistency issue will be fixed. Treat every game like Game 7.

You're kidding right?  I'm betting you were scared of the Nets too.

Miami's game 7 crowd is probably equivalent to a half-capacity TD Garden regular season game. We've beat them handily twice on their home court, and we're 6-2 on the road in the playoffs.  Anything can happen in game 7 but we'd still be favored to win.

« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2022, 09:10:17 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I think we're screwed if this goes to Game 7. Gives Miami momentum and morale boost, with the home crowd roaring on their back again

C's need to close them out tomorrow night. Let's see if the consistency issue will be fixed. Treat every game like Game 7.

Miami's game 7 crowd is probably equivalent to a half-capacity TD Garden regular season game. We've beat them handily twice on their home court, and we're 6-2 on the road in the playoffs.  Anything can happen in game 7 but we'd still be favored to win.

I feel the same way tbh. Definitely don't want to gamble on a road Game 7, and Miami would have a lot of momentum if they win Game 6 and would be riding high off that. Not sure if BOS can win 3 times at Miami in the series. I'm glad they even took 2, now just protect homecourt tomorrow night.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2022, 10:09:17 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I'm optimistic, if not exactly confident.

As has been the case all series, if the Celtics take care of the ball and don't turn it over, Miami can't get enough offense to compete. But that means the Celtics need to stay focused and do their jobs. I'd feel better if there hadn't been such egregious lapses by them in this series.

They looked great in Game 5, though.

One thing I've been complaining about all series is, I wished they'd get the ball to Tatum in different places more often. I think they've done a better job these last two games of getting him started in the middle of the defense once in a while but it's still a lot of dribbling 10 feet away from the 3 point line and then driving straight into the crowd. Letting him operate from the high post or getting him the ball on the move would put more pressure on Miami.

I see this also.  He has been hitting the mid range shot.  He seems to operate well from that spot on the floor.
And if his shoulder is bothering him and it's affecting his 3P shooting, all the more reason to get him stuff closer to the rim. That seemed to be what was working last night.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2022, 10:48:53 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
already won 2 at nets

2 at bucks

2 at heat

END THIS THING TOM PLEASE!

shoulda never been down 3-2 in bucks series. but we answered the bell.

2012 was just bad luck with the vets. we go down 2-0 and answer with 3 straight wins. I was confident we would finish lebron and crew in 6. i was wrong. then we lost in 7. but we had only won 1 at miami that series and were still in position to close out at home because we won our home games.......until game 6.

2018 was full of the kids minus kyrie and haywood. cavs and us won all home games UNTIL we choked in game 7.  i really thought we would win that game also. we should have.

4th ECF in 6 years it is WAY PAST TIME for us to deliver and win the EAST and head to the FINALS.

been a while since that heartbreak in 2010 but i remember it like yesterday.

come out mad and aggressive and finish miami off early tomm.

if we close out i feel very good about our matchup with the warriors.

if we run their sharpshooters off the 3 point line i feel we can punish them inisde the paint on offense much like we are doing to miami.

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2022, 10:52:34 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Just being cautious about it versus being overconfident after two b2b some 20-point blowouts. Butler is due for a bounce back after two atrocious performance games in a row and the C's need to be prepared for him and the rest of the guys in Game 6. The kids need to be mentally prepared to bring this to the next stage.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2022, 10:57:52 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Just being cautious about it versus being overconfident after two b2b some 20-point blowouts. Butler is due for a bounce back after two atrocious performance games in a row and the C's need to be prepared for him and the rest of the guys in Game 6. The kids need to be mentally prepared to bring this to the next stage.
Butler isn't due anything, he's injured, worn down and has a limited offensive game that is either free throws or mid-range jumpers.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2022, 11:00:40 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Butler isn't due anything, he's injured, worn down and has a limited offensive game that is either free throws or mid-range jumpers.

i said it in the game thread. i think butler is done. worn out and hurt. as long as we do not have any bad quarters like 3rd in game 1 or 1st in game 3 we should eventually wear them down again and pull away. we have to play smart. attack rim and no turnovers
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2022, 11:05:18 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
https://twitter.com/jacksettleman/status/1530021672484478988?s=20&t=YqVcxj8vOBkneoOaMs24Iw

JACK SETTLEMAN
@jacksettleman
·
1m
The NBA Champion has had a former Knick for 75 consecutive seasons.

Congratulations to the Boston Celtics on the 2022 NBA Championship 🏆

« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2022, 11:09:33 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
https://twitter.com/jacksettleman/status/1530021672484478988?s=20&t=YqVcxj8vOBkneoOaMs24Iw

JACK SETTLEMAN
@jacksettleman
·
1m
The NBA Champion has had a former Knick for 75 consecutive seasons.

Congratulations to the Boston Celtics on the 2022 NBA Championship 🏆

That is as beautiful as obscure stats get.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2022, 11:13:43 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
well i am about to win biiiiig on warriors closing out tonight.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$   ;D ;D
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2022, 01:15:14 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I knew the Heat were aggressive on D based on just watching them, but I didn't know why.

Thinking Basketball is always good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN6ylx2b0bs&t=13s&ab_channel=ThinkingBasketball

Makes me feel good going into game 6.

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2022, 03:05:51 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Very nervous.

Has this team, primarily Jayson and Jaylen, finally learned how to close teams out when they have the chance ?
Have we matured to the point that we come in the Garden tomorrow night and win the most important game to date of this era ?
Are we going to come out breathing fire and being the aggressor ? Are we going to be focused and shoot the ball well ?
Have we learned to quit dribbling into traffic and killing ourselves with turnovers ? What about our defensive rebounding problems ?

I've heard way too much talk by the media about how great the Celtics are for gutting out the past two games, how they should beat Miami now and be back in the finals. Our guys have not always handled prosperity well and tend to relax after big wins. The coaches can preach all they want, but the motivation to start the game with intensity has to come from inside these guys. Time to grow up.

What is the status of Marcus and Rob for game 6 ?
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2022, 03:23:59 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Has this team, primarily Jayson and Jaylen, finally learned how to close teams out when they have the chance ?
Have we matured to the point that we come in the Garden tomorrow night and win the most important game to date of this era ?
Are we going to come out breathing fire and being the aggressor ? Are we going to be focused and shoot the ball well ?
Have we learned to quit dribbling into traffic and killing ourselves with turnovers ? What about our defensive rebounding problems ?

That's my worry as well, especially since the Celtics tend to wave a real rollercoaster ride of very highs and very lows. However, I think game 3 is a fresh reminder of why you can't start poorly and how much it can cost you. Plus, I'm feeling very confident about Al Horford smelling his first Finals berth and bringing the intensity from the get go - which usually is spread to his teammates.

I've heard way too much talk by the media about how great the Celtics are for gutting out the past two games, how they should beat Miami now and be back in the finals. Our guys have not always handled prosperity well and tend to relax after big wins. The coaches can preach all they want, but the motivation to start the game with intensity has to come from inside these guys. Time to grow up.

Good point too, I don't know if you've seen Tatum addressing it postgame 5 but I really liked his answer : https://twitter.com/StoolGreenie/status/1529683622097170432

What is the status of Marcus and Rob for game 6 ?

They are both questionable as they were heading into game 5. I think Smart will play but for Rob it will depend on if he got swelling on his knee in-between games - and how much.