Author Topic: 2021-22 Celtics Playoffs Discussion  (Read 66820 times)

Re: 2021-22 Celtics Playoffs Discussion
« Reply #390 on: May 15, 2022, 07:52:44 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
The nba playoffs are such a grind.  I mean I am exhausted after two series just watching and cheering.
If we somehow get to the finals we will have played the Nets (KD+Kyrie) Bucks (GIannis) Heat (butler+ bam) and then whomever from the west probably GSW (curry + thompson).  What difficult run to the title if we make it.

« Reply #391 on: May 15, 2022, 07:53:33 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
The nba playoffs are such a grind.  I mean I am exhausted after two series just watching and cheering.
If we somehow get to the finals we will have played the Nets (KD+Kyrie) Bucks (GIannis) Heat (butler+ bam) and then whomever from the west probably GSW (curry + thompson).  What difficult run to the title if we make it.

Makes it all the sweeter!

« Reply #392 on: May 15, 2022, 08:03:38 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

Gotta feel good about BOS chances against GSW given how they have played in the playoffs so far. Hardly setting the world on fire. Unable to replicate their early season form.

« Reply #393 on: May 15, 2022, 08:22:29 PM »

Kiorrik

My take on the Celtics;

We've not got Rob back yet

We've not seen Derrick White at his best yet

We made it to the ECF!!

That's all good news.

« Reply #394 on: May 15, 2022, 08:23:48 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
My take on the Celtics;

We made it to the ECF!!

That's all good news.

Yeah, we haven't played our best yet but we'll need to be at the top of our game to beat the Heat. I'm glad to see Giannis, Holiday, Lopez and Mathews in the rear view.

« Reply #395 on: May 15, 2022, 09:03:35 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
The only Western Conference opponent I think would be a bad matchup for us was Dallas. Beat us twice this season. We can’t seem to figure out Luka.

But the odds of them making the finals was remote.

Not anymore. 

« Reply #396 on: May 15, 2022, 09:11:31 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
The only Western Conference opponent I think would be a bad matchup for us was Dallas. Beat us twice this season. We can’t seem to figure out Luka.

But the odds of them making the finals was remote.

Not anymore.

Granted both losses were one possession games with the winning shot being made with 11 and 0 seconds to go, so that team certainly doesn’t feel out of reach.

« Reply #397 on: May 15, 2022, 09:33:55 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
My take on the Celtics;

We made it to the ECF!!

That's all good news.

agreed. that is my take also

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #398 on: May 15, 2022, 09:48:33 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

Gotta feel good about BOS chances against GSW given how they have played in the playoffs so far. Hardly setting the world on fire. Unable to replicate their early season form.

Who do you think moves on between GSW and Dallas?

« Reply #399 on: May 15, 2022, 09:52:08 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

It would be shameful to lose to Dallas. GSW have so much more talent on their team than the Mavs do.

I expect GSW to come out of that series.

« Reply #400 on: May 15, 2022, 10:46:07 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

It would be shameful to lose to Dallas. GSW have so much more talent on their team than the Mavs do.

I favor Dallas. They are playing at a higher level right now. And will have the best player.

« Reply #401 on: May 15, 2022, 10:48:39 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

I agree. Gotta think the league would prefer having the Warriors in the Finals again as well.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #402 on: May 16, 2022, 08:02:49 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
So we have our final four.  At the start of the season, I did not foresee the Celtics in the ECF.  Now, I am feeling like I will be disappointed if they don't win it all.  It is very strange how this season has played out.

Miami is such a different match up than MIL.  On paper, I look at MIA and I say we got this, no problem, we are the better, deeper team, but Miami the last few years just seems to have a way winning.  Always very tough defense, nothing easy.  MIA has not played since Thurs May 12. About what we sat prior to the first MIL game.  It is counterintuitive but I think this actually favors the Celtics in Game 1.   I don't have actual stats for this but my anecdotal experience tells me that the team coming off the big game 7 win, even with less rest, has an edge that first game.

Depending on the condition of Lowry, their top line up may include Max Struss and Gabe Vincent.  And PJ Tucker.  Not exactly a scary line up.

« Reply #403 on: May 16, 2022, 08:09:50 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So we have our final four.  At the start of the season, I did not foresee the Celtics in the ECF.  Now, I am feeling like I will be disappointed if they don't win it all.  It is very strange how this season has played out.

Miami is such a different match up than MIL.  On paper, I look at MIA and I say we got this, no problem, we are the better, deeper team, but Miami the last few years just seems to have a way winning.  Always very tough defense, nothing easy.  MIA has not played since Thurs May 12. About what we sat prior to the first MIL game.  It is counterintuitive but I think this actually favors the Celtics in Game 1.   I don't have actual stats for this but my anecdotal experience tells me that the team coming off the big game 7 win, even with less rest, has an edge that first game.

Depending on the condition of Lowry, their top line up may include Max Struss and Gabe Vincent.  And PJ Tucker.  Not exactly a scary line up.

Yeah, you look at a "big three" of Butler / Bam / Herro and there's a tendency to say that they're good, but not great.  And yet, they keep winning. 

I think the Heat are successful for the same reason the Celtics turned it around this year:  great coaching, "grit and grind", and a lot of cohesiveness.  They're better than the sum of their parts.

We'll be playing against a top-5 defense and a top-10 offense, and in my opinion, a top-3 coach.  Remember when people thought Spoelstra was a Riley puppet?  How wrong they were.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #404 on: May 16, 2022, 08:51:44 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

well they are going to be shamed because Dallas is going to beat them and for much of the same reason they beat Phoenix i.e. they won't be able to stop Luka.  Luka is just going to torch the Warriors and the Warriors don't have the size to make the Mavs pay down low. 

I think Boston and Miami have the horses to beat the Mavs, not the Warriors.  The eastern teams have the defenders needed for Luka and have a big (or 2) that can make the Mavs pay down low. 

I felt the Boston/Milwaukee winner was going to win the championship entering the playoffs, and I see no reason to alter that.  Boston is going to beat Miami and then beat Dallas in the Finals to win the title. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip