Author Topic: Under the radar trade target ideas  (Read 3035 times)

Under the radar trade target ideas
« on: January 26, 2022, 12:59:22 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
There are trade ideas being floated out there for some of the bigger names, but what about targeting players that could be on the verge of breaking out or unknown types that fits a need.  I came up with 3 bigs and 3 point guards, and want to know what you guys can come up with.

3 bigs

Omer Yurtseven. While Bam and Dedmon were out over a month for the Heat, the 23 year old Omer was putting up some eye popping numbers, and rebounding with the very best of them in the league while flashing some great post skills. He seems like a very rich man’s Enus Freedom for me, and passes my eye test. He’s back to being buried on the bench for the Heat.

Nicolas Claxton. James Harden called him the second most talented player on the Nets after Durant.  :o That raised my eyebrows. The 22 year old is a very fluid athlete for his size, and I think he has some ball and shooting skills he hasn’t showcased much yet. The Nets will need young bigs going forward, but they also have rookie Day’ Ron Sharpe who they also like very much. There was a report I saw the Nets might be doing due diligence around the league for Claxton’s value.

Jaxson Hayes. The 3rd year big is still only 21, whom the Pelicans had traded up to draft him at the time. He has tantalizing athleticism and skills with still big upside, that seems just now is molding into on court productivity. Maybe the next Myles Turner type.

Point guards

Kira Lewis JR. Hayes teammate that is out now with an all injury, that is also only 21. He was thought of a high upside draft pick that was just starting to play well before he got an acl injury, and won’t be back till next season.

Tre Jones. Tyrus’s probably more talented younger brother. I don’t think he’ll ever get the chance to start in SA, and may be worth looking into.

Markelle Fultz. Will soon be coming back from his ACL injury. Before he got hurt last year he was starting to break out, and had some huge games. With Cole Anthony around with the Magic, maybe they will entertain shopping him.

Who you got?

Re: Under the radar trade target ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 01:04:40 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
There are trade ideas being floated out there for some of the bigger names, but what about targeting players that could be on the verge of breaking out or unknown types that fits a need.  I came up with 3 bigs and 3 point guards, and want to know what you guys can come up with.

3 bigs

Omer Yurtseven. While Bam and Dedmon were out over a month for the Heat, the 23 year old Omer was putting up some eye popping numbers, and rebounding with the very best of them in the league while flashing some great post skills. He seems like a very rich man’s Enus Freedom for me, and passes my eye test. He’s back to being buried on the bench for the Heat.

Nicolas Claxton. James Harden called him the second most talented player on the Nets after Durant.  :o That raised my eyebrows. The 22 year old is a very fluid athlete for his size, and I think he has some ball and shooting skills he hasn’t showcased much yet. The Nets will need young bigs going forward, but they also have rookie Day’ Ron Sharpe who they also like very much. There was a report I saw the Nets might be doing due diligence around the league for Claxton’s value.

Jaxson Hayes. The 3rd year big is still only 21, whom the Pelicans had traded up to draft him at the time. He has tantalizing athleticism and skills with still big upside, that seems just now is molding into on court productivity. Maybe the next Myles Turner type.

Point guards

Kira Lewis JR. Hayes teammate that is out now with an all injury, that is also only 21. He was thought of a high upside draft pick that was just starting to play well before he got an acl injury, and won’t be back till next season.

Tre Jones. Tyrus’s probably more talented younger brother. I don’t think he’ll ever get the chance to start in SA, and may be worth looking into.

Markelle Fultz. Will soon be coming back from his ACL injury. Before he got hurt last year he was starting to break out, and had some huge games. With Cole Anthony around with the Magic, maybe they will entertain shopping him.

Who you got?

Regarding Jaxson Hayes, this is the news on him this week:

Hayes was charged with 12 misdemeanor counts in total, including three counts of inflicting corporal injury to a spouse, two counts of domestic battery, one count of battery against an officer, one count of false imprisonment, three counts of vandalism, one count of aggravated trespassing and one count of resisting arrest.

Hayes, 21, was charged on Jan. 20, according to court records, and arraigned on Monday morning.

Hard pass.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 01:12:10 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 89
Jaxson Hayes. The 3rd year big is still only 21, whom the Pelicans had traded up to draft him at the time. He has tantalizing athleticism and skills with still big upside, that seems just now is molding into on court productivity.

I liked Hayes coming out of college and was hoping we could someday get him, even over the past summer. Then he had an incident where he reportedly beat his girlfriend, denied her phone, and then confronted and resisted police. Now he’s facing a dozen charges. He’d probably prefer taking a dozen charges from Zion.

Markelle Fultz is intriguing. Before the injury he was starting to put it together. He’s got a bit of “old man game “ so that injury probably affects him less than someone like Ja or Trae that rely so much on speed and jumping ability.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 01:15:58 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Is Jaxson Hayes going to prison?

Wasn't he arrested for domestic violence and then assaulting the police officer who was trying to check on Hayes' girlfriend. Something like that.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2022, 01:20:06 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I liked Claxton in the playoffs last season. I was impressed with his defense. Quick & versatile. He did a great job gluing together their lousy D.

I thought a lot of the Nets problems this year were due to Claxton being dropped and/or not playing enough. His defense was important to counter-balancing all those shooters they have. And then they replaced him with Aldridge, Millsap and kept B.Griffin -- 3 old men who can't cover the defense. I thought that drop-off from them to Claxton was a big part of their struggles earlier this year.

Brooklyn should play Claxton more.

I am not sure he is well rounded enough to be a good starter but situationally he has a lot of value as a team defender. Reminds me a bit of Jason Collins. Not the most talented guy but does glue type things and can be valuable in the right situation. And drive people nuts in other situations due to his lack of skills.

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2022, 01:22:01 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
No interest in Fultz. Before this most recent serious injury, Fultz was still only performing at an average backup PG level. His outside shooting was still really bad and hurting team spacing. He was only useful with the ball in his hands and he wasn't good enough with it (due to his bad jumper) to do much. His main value was strong defense & rebounding.

Way way overpaid for what little he brings to the table.

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2022, 01:24:46 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Is there a trade proposal for any of these guys?

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2022, 01:34:21 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen

3 bigs

Point guards

Who you got?

Regarding Jaxson Hayes, this is the news on him this week:

Hayes was charged with 12 misdemeanor counts in total, including three counts of inflicting corporal injury to a spouse, two counts of domestic battery, one count of battery against an officer, one count of false imprisonment, three counts of vandalism, one count of aggravated trespassing and one count of resisting arrest.

Hayes, 21, was charged on Jan. 20, according to court records, and arraigned on Monday morning.

Hard pass.

Wow, I missed that and didn’t realize that happened. I agree then.

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2022, 01:41:04 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
No interest in Fultz. Before this most recent serious injury, Fultz was still only performing at an average backup PG level. His outside shooting was still really bad and hurting team spacing. He was only useful with the ball in his hands and he wasn't good enough with it (due to his bad jumper) to do much. His main value was strong defense & rebounding.

Way way overpaid for what little he brings to the table.

I guess he was really working on his shooting during this latest injury to bring it back to his college days form prior to his thoracic injury. I guess I’ll believe it when I see it though.

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2022, 01:48:26 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
TP to you for using a shred of creativity in trades ideas, instead of the same old regurgitations.

My thoughts:

Omer Yurtseven.
Pat Riley isn't trading him to the Celtics (like anyone else he can see making us better)

Nicolas Claxton.
Should have drafted him over Edwards. Doubt the Nets would trade him in division. Link to the report?

Jaxson Hayes.
Total bust. Pass.

Kira Lewis JR.
Looked lost BEFORE he tore his ACL.

Tre Jones.
Love it. Pop would probably overcharge for him a bit, but I'd welcome a trade for him.

Markelle Fultz.
The Celtics need steps forward, not experiments and projects. Pass. Now, if the Magic like him, perhaps they'd trade Anthony -- who I'd love to have on the Cs.

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2022, 04:58:46 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
This works in the trade machine. Here's a way under the radar trade idea:

Nunn and Reaves from the Lakers for Schroder and Bruno. It not only works but it's funny as hell.

Plus I really like Reaves.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 05:13:48 PM by liam »

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2022, 05:30:06 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Why not Tyus Jones? Interesting that you pegged his brother as more talented, but Ty is the one playing like he should start somewhere

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2022, 05:50:37 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
Why not Tyus Jones? Interesting that you pegged his brother as more talented, but Ty is the one playing like he should start somewhere

Tyrus is a pretty good back up, but he is already 25. Will he get much better than he is now? I think Tyrus said himself years ago his now 21 year old brother was more talented.

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2022, 05:56:54 PM »

Offline BruceBanner18

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Duncan Robinson

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2022, 06:18:35 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Tim Hardaway Jr. just broke his foot.

Think Dallas would consider trading for a return of J Rich?