Poll

You alone decide: should Ime go?

Yes….right now!
21 (21%)
Maybe, but not right now.
33 (33%)
No, not even close to enough time to evaluate him.
38 (38%)
No way, love the guy.
8 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: February 23, 2022, 05:45:52 PM

Author Topic: Ime has got to go!  (Read 83362 times)

Re: Ime has got to go!
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2022, 07:44:22 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
It feels like Ime is pulling a stevens keeping his young guys locked on the bench.  Maybe they are showcasing the vets for trades but there is no reason why Nesmith and Romeo are glued to the bench when the players in front of them can't hit the broad side of a barn.  This is on Ime.  It's like he's so desperate for a win that he won't play the young guys.  The young guys should be playing a lot right now.  The team needs to see if any of these first round picks are keepers.  This team needs a playmaking PG in the worst way.  They also need a shooter to go along side Tatum and Brown and Horford should not be seeing the floor right now until he figures out.  He only played 23 minutes last night but it should have been zero with the backup Center minutes going to Kanter.  Romeo and Nesmith should have had those minutes.

It’s really sad we have some lottery talent just glued on the bench, while we see guys like Dosunmu lighting us up big time. Player development hasn’t really been a strong suit of the Celtics recently. If guys like Garrison Matthews and even Mike Strus could play quality minutes for other teams, why can’t Neismith and Romeo do the same?

and some consistent minutes for Payton.
But the kids have to deliver when called upon, right?  I don't feel any of PP, Nesmith or Romeo have done that consistently.  I would point to non-lottery pick drafting more than player development as the issue.

« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2022, 01:26:45 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I am deeply regretting watching the beginning of the Pels game. I just turned it off…too hard to watch.

I strongly dislike Uchoka because he is the reason I can’t watch the team I love.

This is a terrible team and they are making US look like LOSERS.

Scal is obviously frustrated with the ways this team plays, screaming,  “ you have to get back….this is a team that runs off of everything, TOs, missed shots….you have to get back….” Why isn’t Ime screaming that and yanking players if they don’t.

Embeid said after they killed us that we were EASY to defend….all we do is isos.

No set plays, NO player movement, partly because Ime has no offensive system and partly because Uchoka only plays 7-8 players and people are tired.

This guy has got to go, but Baby Brad doesn’t have the sack to do it.

C’mon, Brad, be a man.

I stand by this irrespective of the Pels game’s outcome.

This guy is in WAY over his head!

« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2022, 02:50:41 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Cs up 17 with two minutes to go vs Pels.

Ime….why did you play the starters till the very end of the game?

Not the brightest bulb!

« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2022, 03:07:34 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

Not the brightest bulb!

I think he's just trying to get wins and not seeing any kind of big picture yet.

« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2022, 03:09:56 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be

Not the brightest bulb!

I think he's just trying to get wins and not seeing any kind of big picture yet.

Monday afternoon game and they don't play again until Wednesday night which is also at home so no travel.  I don't see it as an issue.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2022, 03:19:16 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Not the brightest bulb!

Monday afternoon game and they don't play again until Wednesday night which is also at home so no travel.  I don't see it as an issue.

What about getting the kids some PT?

What about any of our starters getting injured?

As liam said….he doesn’t see the big picture. And from what I’ve seen of him, I’m not sure he has the capacity to see the big picture.

« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2022, 03:19:46 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523

Not the brightest bulb!

It's not a big issue, but definitely an opportunity.  Can't recall the game, but earier in the year the C's bench lost a chunk of a "safe" lead very quickly and Ime had to put the starters back in.  I wonder if he's been nervous about playing the bench late in games since then.  No trust maybe.  Not a good thing.

« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2022, 03:24:10 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be

Not the brightest bulb!

As liam said….he doesn’t see the big picture. And from what I’ve seen of him, I’m not sure he has the capacity to see the big picture.

It's pretty much a nothingburger to me.    This team is trying to right the ship. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2022, 03:29:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Not the brightest bulb!

It's pretty much a nothingburger to me.    This team is trying to right the ship.
Agree. This team is in win now mode for the foreseeable future. If bench guys can't play well from the first second they are in there, they don't deserve extended time.

The bench was awful in the 1st half and the only guy that showed anything in the 2nd half was Nesmith. It not like Ime is sitting some 4 or 5 star prospect. Playing the vets down the stretch was fine.

« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2022, 03:31:16 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672

Not the brightest bulb!

Of all of the things I’ve criticized about Ime thus far, this is not on the list.

The whole team - not just the “kids” - need playing time together.  Keep in mind how little Tatum and Brown have actually played together this year. 

And Nesmith WAS out there, fwiw.  He played well in the second half and earned more time.  The other two did not.  I don’t object to Ime rewarding good performance with minutes like he did today.

« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2022, 05:37:24 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

Not the brightest bulb!

Of all of the things I’ve criticized about Ime thus far, this is not on the list.

The whole team - not just the “kids” - need playing time together.  Keep in mind how little Tatum and Brown have actually played together this year. 

And Nesmith WAS out there, fwiw.  He played well in the second half and earned more time.  The other two did not.  I don’t object to Ime rewarding good performance with minutes like he did today.

But if Ime doesn't play Nesmith he can't produce.

« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2022, 05:44:39 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Ime is starting to remind me of Thibs minus the defense. He just loves running the vets to the ground.

« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2022, 06:54:04 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Dude is fighting for his job right now. Sure, he can play the young kids more and lose. But he wasn’t brought it to develop the young kids. That time has come and gone. He’s worried (and rightfully so) about results. And right now they need wins in the worst way so he is justified in shortening his rotation and making sure they can close out games.

I’m also not sure how much more rope some of the guys are going to get. Langford/Nesmith/Pritchard should be feeling pressure because they haven’t been able to make use of the opportunities they have gotten. Personally, all these guys are tradeable and Udoka knows this too. Don’t think any of these guys will be here post trade deadline.

« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2022, 07:21:18 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Not much Ime can do, to be honest. The organization has hitched its wagon to a style of basketball play that is simplistic and difficult to watch.
The team is missing several key pieces that would perhaps alter its IQ and improve team shooting in general.

Other than blow-up the entire thing, his hands are tied until Horford comes off the books. Ownership doesn't want to pay the tax on an underachieving product...and I can't blame them. If the C's we're 10-12 games over .500 that may be different.

Horford (and I like Al) is the penalty we pay for the horrible signing of Kemba Walker. Kemba is the result of Kyrie deserting the Celtics in the face of fire and Danny panicking to give the fans that 3rd star. Kemba was a disastrous signing that we still suffer from.

« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2022, 07:26:45 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Ime has nothing to work with, so it’s really not his fault…got one of the worst bench in NBA..no scoring PG..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin