Author Topic: What is Your Unpopular NBA Hot Take?  (Read 5673 times)

Re: What is Your Unpopular NBA Hot Take?
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2021, 07:39:53 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Here's one that's going to tick people off: The Lakers will be competing for a title. I think they'll make the Western Conference Finals, and depending on who they've got to play have a chance to make it to the finals.

Lebron doesn't care about record. He just needs to get to the 6 seed, which they're currently at. The west is as weak as it's ever been, and he'll turn it on from April on.

Last year if AD3 and LeBron were healthy, they would have steamrolled the Suns enroute to NBA Finals as a number 7 seed.

I think they might have a shot this year if they're very healthy. Low seed doesn't matter as well as home-court. As long as you have superstar talent and healthy it's good enough.

Ofc if one of them gets injured then it's an early playoff exit for them

Do you see this current Lakers a team with Westbrook getting past the warriors who are like 18-3 and don’t have klay yet? Or getting past Suns who seemingly have had improvement from bridges, booker, ayton and Johnson (with perhaps modest decline from paul). This seems like a tough sell

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2021, 08:08:05 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Man, I don't expect the Lakers to get out of the first round if they do not fire Frank Vogel.

They could stand a fighting chance in the playoffs if they (1) fire Vogel (2) go small (3) make small role player changes to add some better shooting / quick footed defenders.

Without all 3 of those changes, I do not see them having a chance in the postseason. They are too badly constructed. You cannot have Westbrook and LeBron together without small ball spread offense, quality shooters and willing quick footed defenders.

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2021, 08:18:12 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Here's one that's going to tick people off: The Lakers will be competing for a title. I think they'll make the Western Conference Finals, and depending on who they've got to play have a chance to make it to the finals.

Lebron doesn't care about record. He just needs to get to the 6 seed, which they're currently at. The west is as weak as it's ever been, and he'll turn it on from April on.

Last year if AD3 and LeBron were healthy, they would have steamrolled the Suns enroute to NBA Finals as a number 7 seed.

I think they might have a shot this year if they're very healthy. Low seed doesn't matter as well as home-court. As long as you have superstar talent and healthy it's good enough.

When was the last time those two have been healthy?

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2021, 08:53:26 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

2020 bubble lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2021, 08:58:24 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

2020 bubble lol

Yeah if omnicron shuts down the season for 3.5 months, they are kept in bubble wrap at a location with 16 teams they could definitely be healthy  ;D

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2021, 09:01:47 PM »

Kiorrik

Unpopular opinion; league is about half as rigged as the WWF.

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2021, 10:32:07 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Lillard will never win anything

Do you think he moves? I agree if he stays in Portland. If he heads to the Lakers or Nets, for example, his chances get much better.
I'd love to see Lillard team up with Jokic somehow. Just for the fireworks
Murray, Barton, 2 1st's for Lillard.  Something like that would probably work for both teams (depending on Murray's health).  Denver goes for it this year and Portland gets a potential new Lillard in Murray, a solid asset in Barton, and 2 future 1st's. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2021, 11:32:32 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

2020 bubble lol

Yeah if omnicron shuts down the season for 3.5 months, they are kept in bubble wrap at a location with 16 teams they could definitely be healthy  ;D

True but I mean they were 49-14 with the best record in the west before the NBA shut down  :(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2021, 12:22:09 AM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
Shocking: this thread turned into a LeBron discussion.

In other news: the sky is blue.

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2021, 01:50:12 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
This isn’t mine but I’m still a fan of this Bill Simmons hot take.

Unpopular Hot Take: In the next off-season there will be a ‘report’ from a media puppet, hand picked by LeBron James. The article will entail how James and his family miss Cleveland and that he’d love to finish his career there 😉😉.

LeBron’s re-return to the Cavs will magically and coincidentally coincide with the franchise having Allen, Mobley, Okoro, Garland on its roster and a lottery pick that can be converted into…Bronny James.

LeBron spins jumping ship from the sinking SS Laker, into the final chapter of his career he always intended.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 01:58:29 AM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2021, 03:49:02 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
I think bagley can still be a star.

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2021, 04:24:38 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
We should do whatever it takes to draft Bronny Jr. because it ensures LeBron ends his career a Celtic. We can never say that of
MJ and Magic, but it would be cool to be able to say it of Russell, Bird, Shaq and LeBron, particularly if we won a championship.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 04:32:08 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2021, 04:31:22 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Unpopular opinion; league is about half as rigged as the WWF.

This. And the Lakers are Hulk Hogan.

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2021, 09:14:28 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Defense doesn’t win championships (anymore).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2021, 09:17:07 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
  • Jokic is a top 6 Center of all time. Prime Arvydas Sabonis was even better. Too bad his prime was cut short. If it weren't for the injuries, Sabas would have been a GOAT candidate.
  • Timelord ain't got the lateral quickness to stay in front of explosive players on the perimeter. The C's run a switch-heavy defensive system. Timelord is better suited in a drop scheme.
  • Magic is the GOAT.
  • Duncan is modern-day Bill Russell: the ultimate team player, the ultimate winner. He should be viewed as a GOAT candidate. I'd take him above all his contemporaries but LeBron.
  • The NBA should expand in Mexico City. Would love to see more cities from Canada as well.
  • I don't like max contracts. Let LeBron be paid 100 million/year or whatever. It would have been practically impossible for elite players in their prime to form super teams.
  • Don't like the basket interference rule. It's way more fun under FIBA rules. Players can touch the ball as soon as it bounces on the rim.
  • Quin Snyder is the best head coach in the NBA.
  • Kobe is overrated to say the least. He has achieved a mythical status after his tragic death. Basketball-wise, I'd rank him somewhere between top 13 and top 20. Don't get me started on the rape charges. Hate the fact that he's viewed as an idol. It doesn't matter whether he did it or not. Can't be an idol if you were charged with a felony and you were not acquitted in court. You guys wanted an unpopular opinion. Don't think it gets much more unpopular than that. :P
  • Off the top of my head, AI, D-Wade, Karl Malone, Pistol Pete, Tiny Archibald, Dominique, Carmelo and Tony Parker are overrated too.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 12:13:50 PM by Jvalin »