Author Topic: Horford Contract Has Real Trade Value  (Read 5267 times)

Re: Horford Contract Has Real Trade Value
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2021, 03:10:54 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
(click on image to enlarge)

Why for the Raps:
- To a large extent, Siakam and Scottie Barnes cancel each other out. Plenty of Raps fans are ready to move on from Siakam.
- They need a starting-caliber Center. Horford would be a mentor for their young players, plus he'd be a solid contributor from day 1. Their starting Center right now is Achiuwa, but that's cause they miss Anunoby. When everyone is healthy, Siakam starts at Center.
- Siakam ain't crafty enough as a scorer to be the go-to guy, yet he's paid like a go-to guy. Plenty of Raps fans think he's overpaid.

Would the Raps say yes? Hard to say. An unprotected first + a recent lotto pick + a solid vet who fits their needs seems like fair value in my book. That said, I bet they'd ask for Timelord.
Siakam is one to keep an eye on. I think he'd be the perfect compliment to the J's, he can play PF next to Timelord and slide down to play smallball center at times as well.

The Raptors are 9-13 and probably starting to think rebuild. The C's have all their own picks plus a couple of young guys stashed overseas they could throw into a deal.

That said, as excited as Al was to be back in Boston and as excited as I've been to have him back, I'd rather finish out the season with him here and visit this in the offseason.

Disagree. Have a hard time envisioning how Siakum, Brown and Tatum could effective share the floor at the same time. In terms of need, I don't think Siakum's skill set is high on the Cs list.

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2021, 04:31:27 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Why for the Raps:
- To a large extent, Siakam and Scottie Barnes cancel each other out. Plenty of Raps fans are ready to move on from Siakam.
- They need a starting-caliber Center. Horford would be a mentor for their young players, plus he'd be a solid contributor from day 1. Their starting Center right now is Achiuwa, but that's cause they miss Anunoby. When everyone is healthy, Siakam starts at Center.
- Siakam ain't crafty enough as a scorer to be the go-to guy, yet he's paid like a go-to guy. Plenty of Raps fans think he's overpaid.

Would the Raps say yes? Hard to say. An unprotected first + a recent lotto pick + a solid vet who fits their needs seems like fair value in my book. That said, I bet they'd ask for Timelord.
I like Al but that would be a good move. Biggest issue on the team imo is still PF and Siakam can slide in there and help space the floor as well and doesn’t always need the ball in his hand. He’d revert back to the 3rd banana much like he was when Toronto won the championship and he was excelling. Not sure Toronto does this but I do think the Cs need to package these deals for Horford/Schroder for some sort of all star PF. Jerami Grant is also someone who could fit as well. I like Simmons but there is no way PHI make a deal with the Cs again.

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2021, 06:01:42 PM »

Kiorrik

Why for the Raps:

Siakam is one to keep an eye on. I think he'd be the perfect compliment to the J's, he can play PF next to Timelord and slide down to play smallball center at times as well.

The Raptors are 9-13 and probably starting to think rebuild. The C's have all their own picks plus a couple of young guys stashed overseas they could throw into a deal.

That said, as excited as Al was to be back in Boston and as excited as I've been to have him back, I'd rather finish out the season with him here and visit this in the offseason.

Disagree. Have a hard time envisioning how Siakum, Brown and Tatum could effective share the floor at the same time. In terms of need, I don't think Siakum's skill set is high on the Cs list.

I'm going to second this.

I rate Siakam as a JB but with freakish uncontrolled athleticism.

He moves too fast for his own brain. Sometimes gets him into situations.