Author Topic: I need to relax and wait for the 20 game rule!  (Read 12985 times)

I need to relax and wait for the 20 game rule!
« on: October 28, 2021, 01:30:32 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
I need to relax a little and give the coach and the team more of a chance.  I had my expectations too high to strart the season. It was always going to be a long year. I foolishly expected the Celtics and Coach Ime to hit the ground running against a softer NBA schedule. I need to wait until at least game 20-30 in to see how this team can come together.

Go Celtics.

Re: I need to relax and wait for the 20 game rule!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 01:37:44 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Good attitude! Tough though sometimes. They do need to gel and find their footing, but i also don’t think it should take 20 games for defense and effort to start clicking. That should happen in Game 1.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 01:40:24 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Good attitude! Tough though sometimes. They do need to gel and find their footing, but i also don’t think it should take 20 games for defense and effort to start clicking. That should happen in Game 1.

I agreed but I need to tone it down a bit. My head nearly exploded last night!  ;)

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 02:28:27 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Agreed.

I predicted a slow start because of the Covid issues during the Preseason and the new players/coaches.   It hasn't stopped me from getting angry and concerned. 

Need to take a breath.   

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 02:32:07 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I agree, and I need to do the same, though I think it's also true that they need to put forth better effort. Shouldn't be losing to the Wizards at home, especially when their best player goes 7-for-25/0-for-6.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2021, 02:38:31 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

I agreed but I need to tone it down a bit. My head nearly exploded last night!  ;)

TP. ….you were absolutely GREAT last night ….I love the emotion …….at least you had some , more than I can say for our team . ;D

I WAS entertained by the posters anyway …..game sucked……ha ha  :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 02:43:52 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2021, 02:39:41 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I agree, and I need to do the same, though I think it's also true that they need to put forth better effort. Shouldn't be losing to the Wizards at home, especially when their best player goes 7-for-25/0-for-6.

I think that there are things you can judge.  Effort is one of them.  Roster construction is probably another one that you can at least talk about early, with the recognition that things can change.  And, I think management decisions can be discussed.  Extending Josh Richardson.  Whether it made sense to salary dump Kemba in a season we're unlikely to be contenders.  Whether we're missing certain elements.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2021, 02:47:44 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I need to relax a little and give the coach and the team more of a chance.  I had my expectations too high to strart the season. It was always going to be a long year. I foolishly expected the Celtics and Coach Ime to hit the ground running against a softer NBA schedule. I need to wait until at least game 20-30 in to see how this team can come together.

Go Celtics.

I love ya ….but bro , I don ‘t think you can hold it in 30 games  ;D

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2021, 02:49:36 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Go Celtics.

Me either I'll probably be a raving mad man by Saturday but I'm trying! At least I'm putting in the effort!  ;D

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2021, 03:15:13 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868

I think that there are things you can judge.  Effort is one of them.  Roster construction is probably another one that you can at least talk about early, with the recognition that things can change.  And, I think management decisions can be discussed.  Extending Josh Richardson.  Whether it made sense to salary dump Kemba in a season we're unlikely to be contenders.  Whether we're missing certain elements.

You can opine but can you really judge?  After 5 games?  Look at the Red Sox.  After the trade deadline, and the slump that followed, the GM was an idiot, horrible.  The owners were cheap, didn't care about winning, blah blah...  Then they beat the Yankees and the Rays and now Bloom is a lot smarter.  The same is true for the Celtics.  You can't judge the Richardson acquisition, for example, in full yet.  You can't really even assess roster construction as players are still settling into roles.

As to effort, that is a different issue.  If effort was bad in a game, that is pretty much it.  The next game could be totally different.  I guess it is fair to judge effort game to game.

We have the same record as the Lakers and the Nets and are only 1 game behind the Bucks.  These early season symptoms may be foretelling real issues or they may just be early season abnormalities.  There is no way to know after 5 games.  I like our team.  I think the ultimate weakness of the team is our bigs but so far, Horford, RWill, and even Grant have played well.  But it is only 5 games in that regard too (only 3 for Horford).

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2021, 04:44:41 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Go Celtics.

Okay see you when you return. You are leaving for 20-30 games, right? Because if you are here, I doubt you will go soft like the team. You just don’t have that in you. lol. You wanna bet? See if you can go without posting about Bane for 20 games.

BAAAAAAAAANE!!!!!…..lol

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2021, 04:48:46 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479

Go Celtics.

hahaha I agree, Liam is a great fan, but maybe give yourself 10 games, maybe 15....if it lasts that long there will be a lot of others (me included) on the over-reaction train!

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2021, 04:49:22 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Go Celtics.

Okay see you when you return. You are leaving for 20-30 games, right? Because if you are here, I doubt you will go soft like the team. You just don’t have that in you. lol. You wanna bet? See if you can go without posting about Bane for 20 games.

BAAAAAAAAANE!!!!!…..lol

I can't take that bet!!!! ::)

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2021, 05:12:38 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
We'll be 5-5 after 10 games....not bad considering the road.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2021, 06:23:21 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

That lost draft pick is banging around inside my head these last few days. A wasted future asset / rotation player for a short term band aid in Horford.