Author Topic: Why did we extend Josh Richardson?  (Read 20056 times)

Re: Why did we extend Josh Richardson?
« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2021, 02:01:23 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
  Everyone healthy I’d love to see
Schroeder/Smart/ Jaylen/ Tatum/ Horford  if Marcus can rein it in . But if he can’t I’d start Rob and double big and bring Marcus off the bench. We need Schroeder to be able to get the offense moving in ways smart just can’t.

I agree with your guards / wings.  I really debate Horford vs. Timelord.  They both "deserve" to start, and they both add a lot to the team.  But, we've got six deserving starters, for five spots.

I further agree that Marcus off the bench might make a lot of sense.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2021, 02:20:42 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Thing about Schroder is that he’s really limited on defense; a lot of guards are big enough to son him. If you want to start him you have to hide him on d or compensate for his limitations. One reason why Ime probably plays him with Smart. Jaylen isn’t good enough as a team defender and Tatum has a lot on his plate. Smart slides in.

« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2021, 02:46:31 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Smart listened to me.  Best game of the year for him.  1 of 2 on 3's and 8 of 11 from 2 for 22 points.  Obviously you can't expect 8 of 11 from 2 every game, but two 3 point shots should be the norm for him.  He is just better.

Richardson with another solid game.

Yeah, I don’t think Smart even attempted a 3PT in the first half.

And Richardson has been legitimately good recently.

What lineup do you want when Brown and Timelord come back?
I've been pretty consistent all year that Schroder, Smart, Brown, Tatum, and Horford should be the starting 5.  I think that will save some strain on Williams and makes the most sense with who is on the roster
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #153 on: November 28, 2021, 08:40:05 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I originally agreed with OP that J Rich extension didn't seem wise.

I'm starting to think otherwise; that it was a good move for the team.  He plays with a lot of force.  He complements the other guys. His experience shows.

If he can keep shooting at his current clip, it will turn out to be a great decision by Brad.

« Reply #154 on: November 28, 2021, 09:03:56 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
I originally agreed with OP that J Rich extension didn't seem wise.

I'm starting to think otherwise; that it was a good move for the team. He plays with a lot of force.  He complements the other guys. His experience shows.

If he can keep shooting at his current clip, it will turn out to be a great decision by Brad.
The dude is on turbo the whole time, always pushing and playing hard.

He will no doubt have shooting slumps (welcome to the Celtics), but that will happen to his type of player from time to time.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.